Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

When to use Offside Trap ? what are the conditions of your team or the opponent that will make choosing offside trap really effective ? i don't think it works for every one ,every situation ,it has to be a specific time where you can use it

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quick answer :
    I don't know if and how this is working, so I use it only if I 'm desperate to reverse a bad result, only when playing attack, maybe to pull some trigger in the program.
    You can read some hundred post about this but it's only theories
    Arion likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I often get the AM suggesting to use the offside trap if I'm attacking but he also suggests some pretty bizarre things as well.So I tend never to use it
    Abhinavsharma likes this.

I used 2 attacking midfeilder but still this is mystery how my players got offside?Maybe short passes can be desperate solution.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

i'm not using it either but while watching live hundreds of matches i realized that the opponent is using it on me and it's well effective specially on my ST let's say if the opp team is strong then more than 80% of my striker attempt are offside, so i mostly score with my winger or midfielders or i lose of course ,

Dreamer
    I use it when normal/attacking with high press but not against stronger opponents.

Just my theory: Only when attacking mentality with high press and if my defenders are faster than opponent's attackers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    8: Low pressing style result in good offside traps?
    Ans: Both low pressing and high pressing can be used with offside trao. In fact, in terms of football logic, offside trap can be more suitable with high pressing.
    This is in terms of football logic, but some things go against the logic of football in this game. So, it might also be like abhinavsharma said in one of his thread, that is offside trap is better with low pressing.

Also, it might be related to the formation and other orders used and the formation faced.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-02-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

During high press your defender is always in front of attacker but during low press you can wait for opponent to pass ball.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    During high press your defender is always in front of attacker but during low press you can wait for opponent to pass ball.
    But if it the player is already in front of the attacker, that means the attacker is already in an offside position if he is in the other half. Offside trap only applies when an opposing attacker is in your own half. When all your players are in the opposing half, this means that any opponent lurking in your own half is already offside. They will have to move back on the middle line. Your players will move forward to cause an offside only if they are in your own-half and an opposing player is in certain positions in your own-half.

By the way, have you noticed that the players are always in front when high pressing is used in this game?

I am not saying that it is 100% sure that the combination of offside trap and high pressing is very good or bad in this game. A lot of testing needs to be done. Also, there are other factors that need to be considered, for instance other orders used, formation used, the formation of the opponent, the qualities of the players and so on.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-03-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast