Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Order of Positions

How much skill points where those players gaining per training session for the new position? I have started training my DR/DC for DL, but he did not make any gains in his first training, and only gained 1 skill point after the first match, which is strange because he is a fast trainer. Someone also reported on this forum here about the training not progressing new position addition.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

I remember reading somewhere that the first position is the stronger one and the 2nd and 3rd positions get a positional penalty of sorts.

That is why you see DML/DR and DR/DML.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the first position is the stronger one and the 2nd and 3rd positions get a positional penalty of sorts.

That is why you see DML/DR and DR/DML.
    This is how it is expected to be, but I think there might be a flaw in this game concerning this. Like I have said previously, I had a DR/DC that had better attributes for the DC position than the DR position, that is he was relatively poor in crossing and speed. He performed decently at DC and, in fact, performed better than other DCs in the team at that time. He was also trained mainly for DC and DMC skills rather than specific DR skills during the period he was with the team. Yet, the positions displayed remained always as DR/DC rather than changing to DC/DR. It may be due to the hidden effects also, that is despite having better DC skills, a player could be better at DR.

I have two players in my team whose positions orders keep changing after training or after having played a match. One is a DC/DMC and the other is DMC/DC. The position orders keep changing from DC/DMC to DMC/DC and vice versa.

Now, I have a DR/DC which I want to train to play at DL also. Based on the displayed attributes for him, he has better qualities to play at DL first, DR second and DC last, but they are all very close to each other which means that he could become a very good utility defender. The problem is that the progress for the new position seems slow as compared to the progress of the different individual skills when using the new training system.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-17-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    I had a Defender who could play DL and DC - in the order DL/DC. I always set him left DC. Two weeks he performed around 5-6. My regular DL was blocked for one game. I only had another "single" DC, so I set the first one DL. I missed this and the following match, checked ratings and the DL/DC got 8 and 9. From that moment, he only plays DL. His best performance is at the cupgames, 9-10 - maybe, because there are equal and better teams. His % increases up to 10% per match. But he is the only player, I've noticed this.

I was just wondering, because in the Old Version, it's alway DL-DC-DR.
    My regular DL has DC/DL tho
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I guess if you have 2 players for example one who is DC and other is DC/DL then choosing who plays in DC wont only depend on where he performs best but also on your opponent attckers/wingers or whatever

if the opponent uses a strong ST then I need a more defensive player with a defensive attributes then I will select the one who does this for me

it depends on every match and what qualityyour opponent or what you want from the match

I try to sign DCs with either DMC or DL/DR not just for the position option but they also train more skills; speed and crossing, notably. I dont like slow DCs that can't kick long balls.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12