Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Performance drops hardly down

Performance drops sharply down

Yesterday, I had two games (CL and L) vs weaker teams than mine. First... I won both, but it was like... my squad is an 3rd class amateur team.
    In the last days I've beaten 2nd at League, Cup Quaterfinals without any problem.

Yesterdays League was vs 70% weaker opponent - 12. place. I conceeded two goals (second time this season more than one) within first 20min. After I changed tactic & formation at ~60', my team scored. Finally I won 6:2 - my squad wasn't able to score in 60min, but was able to score 6 times in 30min??

My Keepers rating 6,2; worst Defender 5,1; best Defender 6,2. Normally they play around 7-9.

CL: I played vs a reallife friend, which I tried some things at the beginning of this season (Klick). So I was on 4-5-1V, full moral, full condition. He was ~20% (5,1 points) weaker. At half time I was down 0:2, at ~50min I change only tactic and arrows. At 69' (AMR), 71' (AMR) and 80', my team scored... 76' AMR suffered an injury.

My Keepers rating 5,6; worst Defender 5,3; best Defender 7,6. Again, normally they play around 7-9.

After the match, I talked to my friend and he told me, he used exactly the same tactic from our tests. He also told me, he had two dark green, 7 light greed and two yellow moraled players. Finally he said, his players was around 70% condition, because he was to late and missed for the full rest.

So... wft was this? That's not normal... why my defenders and my keeper, which are able to stop 8 Star-Player, performed like a piece of sh*t? Do you think, they will perform the next few games like this? I'm really confused about that, especally I wanna go for triple (which looks very good).
    Last edited by nash123; 05-22-2016 at 09:51 AM.

The defense of my team performed poor too in the past 2 days or so; my team conceded 6 goals in 3 matches against weaker teams. The opposing attackers were passing through the defense and scoring past the GK way too easily. Defenders and GK had relatively bad ratings. Like you said, it is not normal. I have good defenders and goalkeepers; before those 'anomalies', my defenders and goalkeeper performed way better. It is as if something has changed lately.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-20-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

What I did when my keeper JP Kader got 6-6-6 is that I bought another keeper, played him for 2 games but then he became sh*t too, so I sold him. Now JP Kader is in the top rated lists, which is not a joke for a goalkeeper. He also has 3 goals BTW
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    What I did when my keeper JP Kader got 6-6-6 is that I bought another keeper, played him for 2 games but then he became sh*t too, so I sold him. Now JP Kader is in the top rated lists, which is not a joke for a goalkeeper. He also has 3 goals BTW
    Maybe this is what the game (or most appropriately, the company) wants users to do; it make managers believe that their players are no more good and hence 'forces' the manager to buy other players,

Have you wondered why many scouts' list players performed well in the first season and then performed badly in the following season despite still having very good displayed quality? Some players are explosive in the first matches (or first season), earning a lot of high ratings (8-10s), but then slow down up to the point of getting 6s and 7s mainly. This seems to be the case for some recommended players also. There is a much better chance for managers that bought many scouts' list players to buy those players from that list again, and hence the probability of such managers to spend a lot of tokens is more compared to the other managers.

It is almost sure that some things are programmed in this game to occur as such, most probably mainly for the company to benefit financially.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-20-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Maybe this is what the game (or most appropriately, the company) wants users to do; it make managers believe that their players are no more good and hence 'forces' the manager to buy other players,

Have you wondered why many scout list players performed well in the first season and then performed badly in the following season despite still having very good displayed quality? There is a much better chance for managers that buy many scouts' list players to buy those players from that list again, and hence the probability of such managers to spend a lot of tokens is more compared to the other managers.

It is almost sure that some things are programmed in this game to occur as such, most probably mainly for the company to benefit financially.
    I guess it can be a simulation of real life ... some players may be on a bad run, a few games break and they will return back to form. That's what happened to JP.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

I guess it can be a simulation of real life ... some players may be on a bad run, a few games break and they will return back to form. That's what happened to JP.
    Maybe for you and for some others users of this forum, 4-star players flying like superman in the middle of the field without any resistance or blockage despite the presence of many 5-6 star players in front of him is 'simulation of real life'.

Maybe for you and for some others users of this forum, players deliberately 'disobeying' the managers orders and 'deliberately' giving the ball away to the opposing team and letting the opponent to run free to the goal and score is 'simulation of life'.

Maybe for you and for some others users of this forum, things that happened in say once or twice in a decade or two in real life are happening 1-4 times every season or two in this game is 'simulation of real life'.

But not for me. This 'simulation of real life' or 'luck' are just excuses. I think it is more due to flaws, poor simulation and/or intentional programming in this game.

Speaking of flaws, so many users have seen how many visible flaws, errors or anomalies are there in this game (especially lately); now, just think about the number of possible flaws that can be in this game that are not visible or that are not easily noticeable, where some of these flaws can affect the outcomes of match results, the performance of players and so on.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-20-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

@Tactician you can just get employed at TE, may be you can know how the game engine performs.
    Unfortunately, #1 and #2 didn't occur to me for a long time. For #3, some examples can you give?
    Anyway, if you buy tokens, then I guess it's justified. That's how TE works; buy tokens and the game goes nuts.

So, each time JP goes through a series of bad ratings, you will buy another GK and use him for a few matches in the place of JP before selling him and put JP back in the starting line-up?

When a player gets injured, you heal him and in the new match another player gets injured. You heal this other player, and another player gets injured in the following match. Similarly, if you sell the injured the player and buy another player, another player get injured (sometimes the new player itself).

Each time a player gets injured for a long period, you will sell him and buy another player?

If you bought 11 scout's list players in one season, so next season you will have to buy 8-11 new scouts' players?

You call all this 'simulation of real life'? Don't you think that there is something wrong?
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

That's how TE works; buy tokens and the game goes nuts.
    That is probably one problem. Why is it that when a user buys tokens, it seems that the probability of something fishy to happen that will force or tempt the user to buy more tokens later rises?

By the way, I did not mean to offend you with those replies there. I might have gone a bit strong there with the 'for you' bits. But, what I have said is what has been observed both in the game and in the forum posts. I'm trying to make you see how some things are likely are in this game, and also how some forum users try to justify things using excuses like 'luck' or using past real-life events. Many things have nothing to do with 'luck' or with real-life past events. They have occurred either due to flaws or they have been intentionally programmed to occur as such. If something has been programmed to occur when say a particular number is satisfied, how can you call this 'luck'? This will bound to happen when the related criteria has been satisfied; it has nothing to do with 'luck'. For explanation purposes, you can compare this to the on/off switch of the bulb that depends on the intensity of light in the room. If the board linked to the switch of this bulb has been programmed to switch the bulb on when the light intensity goes low, the bulb will light. There is no 'luck' as such in there.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-20-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

@Tactician I won't do that always, actually I was desperate to win the league, so...
    And I don't have injury problems; never had them tho. I don't sell any player for injury, as I have a decent amount of reds. Also, I only heal them if they're irreplaceable or they've been injured for more than 3 days.
    I don't buy scouts too; most of my players have been playing for the past 4 seasons. I buy high quality and young players from the transfer market who can serve me for 5 seasons. I don't bid aggressively, and I also look at the negotiations list if I can get a required player.
    What can be best for you: aim Top 3 every season, don't buy tokens or scouts, put a lease on your bidding (say till Round 5), and don't be frustrated to go trophyless. Don't spend injury packs on injuries less than 3 days.
    I probably haven't experienced your game, so I can't feel much from you. The most for me is continual choking in the league.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast