Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By Arion

Thread: As Unlucky as Me????

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    109

    As Unlucky as Me????

    Has any other player here have been as unlucky as me to end up losing to a lower quality team in finals twice over two consecutive season once in cup and once in cl ..... List to the team 97-102%..... Used 4-1-3-2. Against 4-3-1-2 played through the middle .... Created more chances but could convert just once .... Lost 2-1...... Please guys..... Tell me that i m not alone

  2. #2
    Moderator dave1311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northallerton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,392
    You're not. I dominated my Cup Final but lost on pens. Would've been part 2 of my first treble. Got CL Final tonight.


    KFC Loella.
    Level 30
    16 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    Shivam Chaudhary likes this.
    KFC Loella
    Level 71
    33 League Titles
    7 Champions League
    9 Cup

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivam Chaudhary View Post
    Has any other player here have been as unlucky as me to end up losing to a lower quality team in finals twice over two consecutive season once in cup and once in cl ..... List to the team 97-102%..... Used 4-1-3-2. Against 4-3-1-2 played through the middle .... Created more chances but could convert just once .... Lost 2-1...... Please guys..... Tell me that i m not alone
    No you are not alone the guy who I beat in last year's CL final and again today shares your pain. 😯

  4. #4
    Famous Arion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,413
    You're not alone. After having a 4 point lead 5 games ago, Nordeus decided it's forbidden to let Atlético Kolkata win the league. A DLDLW form since, and now it's mathematically impossible for us to win the league as the leaders are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand for both.
    Tyltyl likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

    A good defence is the best offense.

  5. #5
    Dreamer Tyltyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    452
    A few seasons ago I could win a treble, but lost my first cup final to the penalty kicks.

    As Unlucky as Me????-tre.jpg

    Then I could have taken my revenge a few seasons later but lost the cup final to the penalty kicks again! My hall of fame has been cup dry until this season, it was frustrating.
    Winning Eleven season records:

    15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

  6. #6
    Apprentice Sunil Chetri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    215
    In this case I'm happy(lucky) person, you're not

    AC Karnataka Level 8
    5 League titles
    2 cup titles
    1 CL title

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    You're not alone. After having a 4 point lead 5 games ago, Nordeus decided it's forbidden to let Atlético Kolkata win the league. A DLDLW form since, and now it's mathematically impossible for us to win the league as the leaders are 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand for both.
    Question. Had Nordeus decided that you were in that winning position before your guys choked in the run in to the title?.

    Just wondering as Nordeus seems to take the blame for everything and the credit for nothing.

  8. #8
    Famous Arion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McAdam View Post
    Question. Had Nordeus decided that you were in that winning position before your guys choked in the run in to the title?.

    Just wondering as Nordeus seems to take the blame for everything and the credit for nothing.
    Of course. It's the fourth choke in 10 seasons.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

    A good defence is the best offense.