Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Like Tree662Likes

Thread: Season 80 - Are you ready!

Day 28 - Palace Casuals report.

Palace Casuals had three matches in just over two hours this evening, starting with the first match in the Association Play-off Final for 3rd/4th place. Casuals, with a loan defender on board, were facing a slightly poorer Quality side using 4-4-2 Classic, and rolled out their favourite 4-5-1V defensive/counter, and won an epic struggle 2-1, with a brace from Maarten Wiegman.

With all the permutations that could have happened in the last matches of the League season, Casuals could not have believed the ones that actually happened. Playing away at 7th place, Casuals went ahead after 16 minutes, Maarten Weigman slotting home a cross from Eirik Riis, and then held that lead against a determined opponent until half-time. The equaliser came 11 minutes after the break, but ten minutes later, Weigman and Riis produced a carbon-copy of the first goal to put the visitors ahead again. Four minutes later, Riis launched a 30 yard shot which evaded the 'keeper and ended in the corner of the net, prompting a final period of hard-defending to protect the 3-1 score line. After the match, the other results came through - 3rd place had beaten 5th place; 4th place lost at 8th place, and the leaders had lost at 6th place, thus gifting Casuals the League Championship.

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-league-hl-round-26nor.jpg

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-l32-league-round-26-top.jpg

The reverse Association fixture saw identical teams put out, and a similarly close match, Casuals ending up on the wrong end of a single goal final score, the home side netting in the 15th minute and then resisting all efforts for an equaliser. Casuals' Association ended up losers on this occasion, 9 points to 24 and finished in 4th place.
    HoofDaddy, motrin, Arion and 2 others like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Season 80 - Are you ready!-ends5.jpg

We won the Double, were out in cup - thanks to bad luck. But over all... it was a mixed season. We lost 3 times in CL vs (20-40% weaker) squads without a manager. Some fanatstic games in L vs friends, so thrilling.

Our FA made the 2.place at Division Top100 - only 5 points are missing. We are the team, that made fewest/least (? don't know right wording) points...
    At first FA-round, we met an Asian-Tokenbuyer-FA, were I faced 30% stronger opponent - luckly my squad got 3 points, but at final, my squad wasn't able to beat a 25% weaker team -> both ended draw.
    At second FA-round, my squad lost vs 15% weaker team (over all, we were better -> bad luck)
    At third FA-round, my squad lost 1.leg vs. 2% weaker (troll result? because 2.leg without any changes we won 5:0)

On the bottom line, it was the worst season.
    motrin, nikolgiorgos and madflo19 like this.

Palace Terriers end-of season report.

Terriers started their 13th season at Level 13.

After 9 consecutive seasons in the top two of the League, Terriers League draw gave them little encouragement that this streak would be continued, and thus it came to pass. After a poor start to the season, Terriers fought their way to 3rd place, but a couple of defeats at the end of the season knocked them down to their final position of 4th.

The Champions League saw them under-perform in the Group stage, and qualify for the Knockout phase in second place. This put them straight up against the heavyweight favourites and two defeats in the Top-16 matches saw them exit at that stage.

The Cup run was its usual self, progression to the Play-off round, where a 2-2 away draw against an evenly-matched team was followed by an inexplicable defeat in the home leg.

In the new Association Competitions, Terriers' Association managed two 2nds and a 3rd in the three competitions they qualified for.

Final Playing Squad statistics and Career record.

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s13-player-squad-final.jpg

Final League Table

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s13-l13-league-table-final.jpg

League Top Players

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s13-l13-league-top-players.jpg

Palace Terriers Player-of-the-Season

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s13-pos-ronaldo-pigatto-baratto.jpg

Palace Terriers History to end of Season 13.

Season 80 - Are you ready!-pt-history-season-13-final.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 06-25-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

We end the season in 5th, almost made it in top4, so not a bad season!

Season 80 - Are you ready!-image.jpg

Good season for Paolo vice Leader of top scorers
    It is really interesting seing the top scorer and the 3 top assisters being from a team that didnt promote. LOL

Team final stats

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Season 80 - Are you ready!-image.jpg  
    motrin, nikolgiorgos and madflo19 like this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Palace Casuals end-of-season report.

Palace Casuals started their 36th season at Level 32.

In the League, nothing much was expected of them as they were among the lower-Quality teams in the League, and the lack of reasonable 5* players in the Transfer Market led the Management to rely on the odd success in the TM, and judicious purchases from the Scout list and Assistant Recommendations to improve the squad. In the mean time, Casuals knack of winning away against superior Quality opposition and a fixture draw which gave them four matches on the trot against the poorest Quality teams in the League gave them a real morale boost, and by Round 9 they had hit the top of the table, and against all odds, kept that position until they hit the big guns in the reverse matches and started to drop points, and eventually their lofty position in the table. Using their matches against the basement teams, Casuals clawed their way back into contention, and were one of 5 teams with a shot at honours on the final day of the season, got an away win and then waited for the right combination of results elsewhere which confirmed their Championship win.

Having not qualified for the Champions League, the Cup was the only other competition to interest the Casuals, and they progressed to the Play-off Round, where they faced a fellow League team, lost the home 1st Leg, and were 2-0 up in the 2nd Leg before the home side ran in 3 goals in the last 16 minutes to win on aggregate.

In the new Association Competitions, Casuals' Association achieved a Win and a 4th place in the two competitions they qualified for.

Final Playing Squad statistics and Career record

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-playing-squad-final.jpg

Final League Table

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-l32-league-table-final.jpg

League Top Players

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-l32-league-top-players.jpg

Palace Casuals Player-of-the-Season

Season 80 - Are you ready!-s36-pos-maarten-wiegman.jpg

Palace Casuals History to Season 36

Season 80 - Are you ready!-pc-history-season-36-final.jpg
    motrin and madflo19 like this.

Easy season, grats to Morten FC for going undefeated, beating me 2-1 both times. In the 2nd game at his stadium, He scored in the 89th after a defensive breakdown by a since sold young MC. Huge token buyer luck i suppose.
    Season 80 - Are you ready!-s20finaltable.jpg
    Season 80 - Are you ready!-s20mor1.jpg
    Season 80 - Are you ready!-s20mor2.jpg
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 06-26-2016 at 12:01 AM.
    motrin, talisman, madflo19 and 1 others like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Mistake please
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 07-20-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132