Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: watching vs not watching

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
    Finally, I came back from my camping trip happy: I won that game! So I will most likely win that season. But unfortunately I lost the one at 2am for CL, which resulted in a tie breaker that I lost in shootouts I wish I could have seen that, it must have been an exciting finish.

Ah well, that's life
    Know how u feel 2nd leg away of cup scheduled for 1 am so did not watch as sleeping and got knocked out
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

I think the main issue with not watching is allowing a watching opponent to adjust their tactics and formation to counter yours (this would of course be a lesser issue if your quality is much much higher), and it's not that difficult to figure out the tactics of an absentee opponent within around the 30mins mark of game time
    Bunzo likes this.
    铿锵玫瑰

Today, I hadn't the time, to watch my league game. I was 40% stronger, he was an inactive manager. I set my formation/tactic. He was on the same as the first game, which I won easily 7:0.

I logged in and saw, that much team played just 1:1...

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Moi
    I'll mention the same I mentioned before in another thread:

"Correlation does not imply causation"

The fact that you have won more matches without the watching match bonus than when you have this bonus doesn't mean there's a correlation, as there are hundreds of others variations and variables involved that you are not adding to the equation (opponents' quality, own players condition and morale, tactics, win bonuses, training bonuses, individual tactics, supporters, formation, team style ...)

Watching a match gives your team a boost, but does not mean you will automatically win all games. And not watching it doesn't make your team weak and will make them start losing all games. It's just an extra bonus. Chances are that you would've lost all the matches you lost while watching them anyway, maybe by even more goals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12