Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: The new Champions league draw system

Rookie

Champions League Draw - mixed levels

not sure if a new thread has been created for this. if there is, appreciate if i can be linked up to it.

Anyway, my question is that for this season, i noticed CL draws comprises of teams from different levels. I am in level 22, but i'm seeing level 23 teams as well. Is this the new draw mechanism? If so, CL is no different from Cup matches now. I use to win CL with ease, don't seem to be the case now.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    not sure if a new thread has been created for this. if there is, appreciate if i can be linked up to it.
    your wish came true lol

Yes, I started this thread some seasons before, when my teams started playing in a +1 lv CH.L.
    It's not that there aren't enough teams as this was happening before in higher lv teams.
    It's happening every year in my LV10 team
    * if I win the league title.

So yes, the CH.L. is the new Cup (for those who win their league).
    It's not a 100% but it's the general rule.
    naimcyk likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Thanks Niko.

Well looks like it was plain sailing for me the past 21 seasons, but a much tougher fight this time around.

Rookie

Is mixed divisions in Champions League a new feature?

Hi guys,

As the new season starts I was checking out my Champions League competition.

I was very surprised to see that I was up against people one division higher, with (obviously) significantly stronger teams.

Now I know that in the League Cup this is a common thing, but in 16 seasons I have never seen this imbalance happen in the Champions League. Was I just lucky for 16 seasons or is this a new thing?

Addicted
    Number 1 of the league is added to the CL of 1 level higher. Also, number 5 is added to the SL of 1 level higher.

This is the second season with the new drawing system.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    Number 1 of the league is added to the CL of 1 level higher. Also, number 5 is added to the SL of 1 level higher.

I see. Thanks. Well, I hope at least the money is better for being in a higher CL!

I am not sure if this is the answer. I just got promoted from 1st place and still am in CL with same level managers

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by rault View Post
    I am not sure if this is the answer. I just got promoted from 1st place and still am in CL with same level managers
    Consider yourself lucky. For the second season in a row all groups in my CL consist of:

- 1 team at the same level as me, that won the 1st place last season
    - 3 teams at one level higher, that finished 2nd, 3th and 4th.

Same here my level 20 team is in with level 21 teams

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post

Anybody knows what's the reason for this stupid thing? So when I'm good manager, who is active on the market, buy best players, or have a good training and have a strong team, then I'm "penalized" for being good not only in the cup, where I'm with teams one or two levels higher, but also in Champions league, where 3/4 of my opponents are one level higher? Great, really...
    Bunzo likes this.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast