Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: The new Champions league draw system

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Sih View Post
    For the second straight season, I've been put into a group with teams from 3 to 4 levels above mine.

So don't draw your conclusions too quickly. Nothing has changed. You guys just got lucky.
    yours it's a different case.
    Now we 're talking about lv3 or 4 clubs
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Ok, so last season (Level 6) I finished 2nd in the League, 2nd in the CL(same - L6) and 2nd in the Cup (L8)
    This season everything is absolutely shocking:
    League - after 5 matches I'm finding myself on the 4th place, having lost already vs 1st place and drew vs 2nd place. Both matches assistant said that "it wasn't our day" - match stats brought me to almost smashing my phone! )
    CL - I'm level L7, there are another 4 teams of L7, all around 100% and the rest of L8 with 80%. It won't be a problem if the tournament will be finished by the end of the next week as I think I could do something to win it but I already noticed 2 of the L8 players who started bringing in 5* (only 95-99%) players for their level which by the end of the season I'll get in the position of losing, maybe, another Final...
    Cup - Everyone same L7 with teams from 30% to 120%...

If last season I was dissapointed with losing the triple in the last week of the season, then this season I know it's all gone from the very first week...

I got lots of tokens, lots of greens... Shall I go for the triple challenge?
    nikolgiorgos and Bunzo like this.

This season we had very weird draws in the competitions.
    So far, there was a pattern in the CH.L. draw.
    The League winner had about 70% chances to play in a +1 level CH.L. next season, vs also same lv league winners and +1 lv teams that finished 2-4th in previous league.
    Now it's a mess.
    Teams that finished 2-4th position, also maybe play in a +1 level CH.L.
    In the Cup, almost all the teams are from the same level but with different qualities.
    You can find a 3* team but a 5* too. I don't recognize the logic anymore.

So, about your case
    In your league it's too early. be patient.
    In CH.L., if some of those +1 lv teams start buying and training their team, gonna be hard to win 7* or 8* players.
    You must observe what kind of players they bought. If they are young expensive, they are fast trainers so they gonna grow fast.
    In generals, try to understand from their prifil, what kind of managers they are.
    You can use the old version also, to see their achievements and titles of previous seasons.
    Then you can decide better.
    madflo19 likes this.

This happened with me too. But i didn't win my league in this case, i ended 4th last season. I'm in level 35 and got in a level 36 CL. I managed to survive the group stage but now got destroyed 5:1 in the first leg of the 1/16 final.
    The new Champions league draw system-4.jpgThe new Champions league draw system-1.jpgThe new Champions league draw system-2.jpgThe new Champions league draw system-3.jpg
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Yes, I was also watching a game of a friend yesterday in CH.L., Sakis from lv42, winner of previous league, vs Yannis (2nd in previous league), from lv41
    In the beginning of this issue, I was thinking that it was a scenario, creating an obstacle for the League/double/treble winners to win a 2nd in a row but as you can see, Sakis has a chance this time, to win the treble more easily.

The new Champions league draw system-sakis-vs-yannis-ch-l.jpg
    Also I can assure you that his quality is good (7* players team) so it's not that scenario either.

On my CL round 16, 14 of them are lvl 6 managers and only 2 of us lvl 5; that's mean most of the lvl 5 managers fail to come on knockout round, so what's the point to play CL for lvl 5 mangers. It should not call lvl 5 CL, it's clearly lvl 6 CL.

Edit: hurrrraaa, get a chance on round 8 but don't know how far I can manage, all lvl 6, only me lvl 5

Edit: Other lvl 5 manager also qualify for round 8 now, so only 2 lvl 5 managers comes so far.
    Last edited by ibangali; 01-25-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibangali View Post
    On my CL round 16, 14 of them are lvl 6 managers and only 2 of us lvl 5; that's mean most of the lvl 5 managers fail to come on knockout round, so what's the point to play CL for lvl 5 mangers. It should not call lvl 5 CL, it's clearly lvl 6 CL.
    True. What's the point of even playing CL. You know you don't have a chance. All this work for nothing.
    After surviving the group stage i got knocked out today against this dude with 5:1 and 2:1. Still got further then expected.

The new Champions league draw system-5.jpg
    Last edited by Washandje FC 2016; 01-24-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    Manager of Club Brugge KV (Level 74)

43x League winner - 12x runner up
    17x CL winner - 3x runner up
    2x Super League winner
    14x CUP winner - 7x runner up
    2x Supercup winner

4x Treble

2nd team FC Washandje until level 25 (FB account linked to team removed )
    Trophies: 16x League - 6x CL - 2x CUP (1 treble)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    This season we had very weird draws in the competitions.
    So far, there was a pattern in the CH.L. draw.
    The League winner had about 70% chances to play in a +1 level CH.L. next season, vs also same lv league winners and +1 lv teams that finished 2-4th in previous league.
    Now it's a mess.
    Teams that finished 2-4th position, also maybe play in a +1 level CH.L.
    In the Cup, almost all the teams are from the same level but with different qualities.
    You can find a 3* team but a 5* too. I don't recognize the logic anymore.

So, about your case
    In your league it's too early. be patient.
    In CH.L., if some of those +1 lv teams start buying and training their team, gonna be hard to win 7* or 8* players.
    You must observe what kind of players they bought. If they are young expensive, they are fast trainers so they gonna grow fast.
    In generals, try to understand from their prifil, what kind of managers they are.
    You can use the old version also, to see their achievements and titles of previous seasons.
    Then you can decide better.
    With 2 days before the end of the season I'm coming to update the results of it:

Cup - 2nd
    CL - 3rd, failed vs L+1 in the end
    League - 1st or 2nd as we fight for GD and I'm -1 with 2 easy matches left for both sides...

As I initially said, this was just a month of wasting time (95% of games attended or maybe even more)
    Chelses Fc likes this.

Tomorrow CL final, oppo lvl 6 manager (+1), playing 4-3-3, almost equal q team [opp 122% vs me 130%], I can't remember when was the last my 4-1-4-1 lost against 4-3-3 but this time I'm sure I'm losing, cuz one of my key player receives his second yellow on semifinal, so I'm assuming game engine won't let me win. Tragedy part is, that player's got his first yellow begging of CL season

Cup, I panic as well my team so kicked out on Q. Final, league very competitive, I enjoyed this season 10 out of 13 teams were same q, every single match I enjoyed, still unbeaten, next 2 days if I lost 2 match still champion.
    Will try better next season
    Last edited by ibangali; 02-03-2017 at 04:10 AM.

sorry guys, if it is off topic.

Beginning of this season when I check the CL group teams I see only 4 lvl 5 managers and rest 28 managers are lvl 6; group A - H 4 x 8 = 32 managers. It make me really upset that why t11 counting my team quality for CL draw and send me to play with +1 lvl higher team. On knockout round only 2 managers (lvl 5) qualify rest all are lvl 6; is it really fair judgment with lvl 5 managers, then why should we train our players and quality up the team. We already playing +1 lvl matches on cup then why CL too. CL draw should count by managers lvl, not their team quality please. Day before yesterday on semifinal match when one of my key player's received second yellow card, I thought game engine might not want me to win championship, final match time was also odd for me, I fail to manage break from my workplace to join the game, I just setup my team 3-1-5-1 to play against 4-3-3; finally 0:2 win (away). Although I fail to enjoy the main fun by watching or attending the final match, other manager was watching with his fan. I won the trophy but don't know what should I call it, lvl 5 CL championship or lvl 6 CL championship.

The new Champions league draw system-lvl-5-cl-final.jpg
    Last edited by ibangali; 02-03-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast