Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Based on your experience...

Based on your experience...

This season, my 3rd, is very strange for my team in the League.

I'm going forward in cup, 3 teams eliminated, 2 from level 5.
    In Champions I'm at 1st place in the group with 4/4 matches won.
    The matches are going on, how to tell you.. as I expected: I easily win the weaker teams while the other matches are more challenging.

But in league there's no way to make good performance.
    I'm facing very very weakest teams (my average skill level is 32 vs a range of 19-24) and my team keep on conceding a lot of goals though my defence includes only 5* and 6* players with SA.

Today I lost 1-0 against a 21 points level team.
    I had a good ball possession and 14 shots on goal but my attack (6*ST, 6*AML, 5* ST and 5*AMR) has not been able to beat his 3* GK.

I know that no one can answer, perhaps even nordeus.
    It is just to know if anybody else is gone through a bad season, no matter what you do.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Yes it happens to me too (in my 2nd account), for some reason I struggle in my league even though I have a superior team. But you seem to have a much bigger problem, I don't have so much difference from my opponents..

For me it´s like this...

League: Very good
    CL: Good
    CUP: No comment

PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

im so far the best team on the league and im 8 points behind the first one, i dunno why.. i lose points against the crap team and he has 100% wins, just unbeliavable
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

ok, it seems I'm not alone in this mass

this is my league's table after 9 matches:

1 team - avg 21,8 - 24 pts
    2 team - avg 23,6 - 22 pts
    3 team - avg 22,2 - 22 pts
    4 team - avg 17,6 - 19 pts (great )
    5 team - avg 34,4 - 17 pts MY TEAM

Today I will face the 1st team.
    I'll tell you about the result
    Mad Horses

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Eh just 7 points difference you will have time to come back don't worry :P
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

20 quality and up is good team bro! Also it's the luck of drawing fixtures. You need to string in series of wins and it's like rolling down hill. But if you meet tough opponents every few games then a draw is enough to halt the momentum.

Addicted
    i think it has to do with the game-engine change that Nordeus so sobviously implemented during the latter part of last season. Upsets (inferior teams beating, sometimes easily, superior teams) have become the norm almost.

I win all my tough games pretty easily, i.e. against teams that are almost as good as mine. But every time I face teams much weaker than mine , my players can hardly score a goal nor defend. Most of the times it's against bot teams as well.

I'm thinking about buying a reserve squad of low level players just for those games as it would give me a higher chance to win those games I think.

that's all true mates
    maybe I'll climb the table day by day and, of course, loosing/drawin against weakest formations can happen

what is strange is that happen just in the league

for example, yesterday I had two matches against two very similar teams (20.8* and 20.2* avg), both away from home: in champions I won 4-0 (the manager was watching the game) while in league I lost 0-1...

anyway, let's prepare my boys for the incoming big match
    Mad Horses

What i noticed and experienced is that while you got the best team by many bits, you shouldn't underesimate tactics and formations. You might be very offensive (you said you use 2 ST and 2 AM's) and with red arrows your STs teoretically become 4. If you also use a attacking mentality then you might be very unbalanced with your team disposition. Unbalances provides (in real soccer) lots of spaces between the 2 lines (defense-MId, mid-attack). That means that when facing narrow formations (4-1-2-1-2, 4-1-2-2-1, V styles) the players in the narrowed side are practically free in the loot of free space your unbalance creates.

Even if you are superior in quality, try to change your tactics and adapt to counter your opponent's ones. Leaving it to a superior firepower might backfire. Say i use 3-5-2 flat with 10 more Q, if the opponents counters me right and adds offside trap with fast defenders my firepower will be indeed lessened. But if i put an amc in play and negate the offside trap then the more Q my team has will undoubtely come out.
    Try different formations adapting to your opponent's, i say.

Ofc, you might be doing this already and just totally be unlucky in league. gl :P

EDIT: if your league's teams are active, they might go full defensive against you due your superior quality. That's why it can become hard to score. If that's so, try a more defensive approach because you might be losing to counterattacks D:
    Nicky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast