Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Having trouble understanding strikers HELP

Having trouble understanding strikers HELP

So im gonna start with how much effort i put to get really good strikers who can score consistently.

First i started with normal height and right leg player and i fed him with lots of green packs until he became %120.First everything was good i was seeing him sometimes passing instead of scoring(He scored 20 in 32 matches other titles were bad) but i knew that this is how game works(Worser engine than fm mobile game).
    Then i learned that once a week that we get 4 choice(or 3 dont remember) of players which they cost so much and everyone was complaining about how good they were,after that i bought a player with right leg(im gonna get there why i keep telling this) and all the expectations ended with dissapointment.

After that i started trying long height both legs players and bought one fast trainer and fed him until %100 and he is now in 8 match with 0 goal 3 assists.

And i dont know what to do know...

Would like to hear yours opinions about who to buy for strikers or who to trust this is my 4th time changing striker...

Most people are gonna come here and gonna complain about my aml/amr scores etc. But personally i want my strikers doing job

Please have a seat and read this hugea** post i really care about this communitys opinions

I remember now the season I bought 7 strikers in the last december lol

1st- leg and height and so, don't matter, there are too much factors, maybe 15 or so, that affect the game, everyone in a slightly way, so, do it simple.

The players have visual skills. Players have then too, internal programming, with min's and max's of aggressiveness, %'s of efficience of, shooting, in 1vs1, freekiks etc, too contribution by default, what means how appear a player during a match.

So the visual quality affect slightly to the base programmed internally. And I say slighty because you can find a ST with good internal ratios, lets say that often with 5 stars score 1-3 goals per match so, in league finally score 42 goals in 26 matches, this as said with 5*, but, another, with low internal ratio, maybe, even if you train him till 9 stars or 10 he will not appear in the match so often or will score more than 8 goals in the 3 competitions.

Thats why I say that external skills have a slighly influence under the internal programming.

So, the key to find a good ST, is see the contribution he does in terms of goals/assistances during some matches.
    I tend to find in the market players that have a good ratio with their old team, then if they work or not, depend of, how these players work inside your team, because you can not buy 11 players that scored 40 goals with their teams and see the same result inside your team, because the game calibrates how have to work everyone, who is the best man for corners for example, who dominates more, who is more aggressive, so these decisions that the game do are, to make you work as manager and decide to select one or another for freekicks, sub' a aggressive player etc.

Tests are the key as I said always, if you do a friendly vs a 1* team you will oversize the internal programming of your team and you will see the best players so, if you buy a ST and vs a 1* team score a hattrick, this is your boy. If, appear often and give you something, too take this into account.

Apprentice
    Chris is right. Otherwise you can make things simpler by purchasing a striker - usually given with a second position aml or amr - from the proposed players that only cost tokens. The most expensive one that costs 79 token will do the job for 4 to 5 seasons especially if you spend greens on him. 10 euros equals to 2 euros per month for a player that his goalscoring abilities are guaranteed. Not a high cost if you are a dedicated player. Also you can experiment with a young fast trainer aml-c-r and if his goalscoring abilities are good train him a striker as a second position. I have done it so and it worked. In other case it is just luck.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T561 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Strikers not scoring enough goals has been a problem for quit a while now (still not fixed by Nordeus). Strikers seem to keep on missing a lot of chances (shooting high or wide). Also, if you see the attributes, you will notice that fitness is not highlighted. How come? So, fitness is not important for strikers, or it is less important than it is for goalkeepers? This is nonsense.

There is not much sense in this game lately in terms of football or a proper football management simulation game. Matches look like on playback. After having done several tests using different accounts, it seems that a lot is already decided before the matches are actually played. I would describe it as having a controller in hand, watching a playing pre-recorded match and trying to control or change things, thinking that it is actually live and you are controlling things. I can say that this game has gone ****. It did not seem to be like this a month or so ago though; so, either Nordeus put it like that deliberately or something has gone wrong in the game.

There might be the visual thing (what you see) and actual thing (what really is) in terms of the quality of a player and how he will perform (efficiency), but still, I have seen players that appeared to be 'internally' good perform averagely after doing well for some time. Some player start explosively scoring a lot of goals for like the first 10 matches or so, and then drop down to the level of an average player only and don't seem to get back again to that explosive level (even after 1-3 seasons).
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-08-2016 at 06:44 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

i keep rotating my 3 striker depending on their form. lately i dnt find a consistant striker and dnt depend on them much. only my mc and winger are scoring most goal. dnt waste green on striker until you find a special one.

Dreamer
    Not disputing what has been said above, but I just want to add that formation also matters -- a lot -- for how many goals your striker will score. In some formations, AML/AMR, AMC, your DL for example will score a lot.

As I have described in my guide for beginners over in that section, I am at lvl 2 with one account and has picked up a very fast trainer that I had pushed hard to around 130% (check the last weekly update). He is just not scoring in the league for me, and I face 2-3 star players only in the league. But he has been a bit better in association games when I have faced better players that has more possession, this striker has scored more. And that is also more or less confirmed when I watch games, short passing, 80% possession, and my striker more or less always is found in the middle of a group of 4-5 defenders... All the while, my AMC is bombing in goals in more or less a 2 to 1 ratio.

Still, I wasn't satisfied so I just yesterday changed my formation and my striker had his first multiple goal game in the league. I will updat that thread with more info as I do more testing.

Other factors can also affect this. Has your striker played all games or gotten any rest? Nordeus specifically say that you shouldn't work your players too hard. This is of course also a factor. Nordeus has also said that you need a mix of old/young players, do you have too many young players?

Hidden abilities, I am not sure if Nordeus has said anything about this. But I recon that they could be there. BUT, and I could be wrong, I wouldn't assume that they have too big impact. Like why would Nordeus build the game that way? One set of skill for cosmetic reasons and then one hidden group of skill-set for game play? Would drive players nuts. From my POV, good players seem to play really well, 19 of 20 times, but then all of a sudden a good player isn't performing. Why? Bad fit in the system? Worked too hard? Too many young players? Bad hidden abilities? But don't stare yourself blind at potential hidden abilities, affect what you can affect first. Be vary of confirmation bias in favor of any hidden abilities.
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-08-2016 at 12:19 PM.

striker not scoring as they use to as their job is taken over by aml/amr. if you look at top scorer list most if nt all is aml/amr. look at any team you can find if they play flank their best player and score the most is aml/amr.
    we use to have striker scoring goal for fun not until all change when they start to back and side pass instead of shoot even when they one on one.
    good striker a rear now.

The thing is last season my amr scored halla lot of goals more than matches but after i promoted his rating down %20(thats completly too much in my opinion) and suddenly my aml/amr started to not score too much like they used to be(their rating is %84)now im having trouble scoring thats why i wanted to get opinions about striker

Probably only way i can score is changing aml/amr but i see good ones rarely

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Other factors can also affect this. Has your striker played all games or gotten any rest? Nordeus specifically say that you shouldn't work your players too hard. This is of course also a factor.
    No, by that it means you can do hard training in your player and expect to perform good in the games too.

Nordeus has also said that you need a mix of old/young players, do you have too many young players?
    no, that's not a factor. Never said.

@Gorkem Gokce

if you want some more opinions, check this (cause I also didn't understand)
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...rs-lately.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    No, by that it means you can do hard training in your player and expect to perform good in the games too.
    All I know is that when you star the game, one advice you get is "Don't work your players too hard" or something like that, don't know what it means. Is there no need to rest players from games? Can you train them really hard and play them in all games? No slumps etc? I don't know. I have seen some advice from experienced players saying that you need to rest your players every now and then, but maybe that is just a myth?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    no, that's not a factor. Never said.
    I spent quite many hours a week or two ago reading all info I could find that came from Nordeus and also posts by developers at this place (Moi), I don't remember where I saw it but I definitely remember reading the statement that you cannot have too many old players on a team, you need a mix. Don't remember if it was in some kind of article or post by developer. I will try to find it and give you the link and look at it more carefully if I misunderstood something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast