Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 2 Post By madflo19
  • 1 Post By Al Svanberg
  • 1 Post By cookizzz

Thread: Best time to buy/sell players

Best time to buy/sell players

Hi Forum,
    I have read couple guides and read that best time to buy is in the beginning of the season, so i will start shopping around on day 2 or 3 after the frenzy starts to die off a bit. However, when is the best time sell players? I am finishing my 2nd season, and have both young and old players to get rid off. So should i sell last two days of the season or first 2 days of the new season? Is there a difference in time based on age of the player? All input is appreciated

Sell when you can. Usually Day1-3 are best times when everyone is buying but sometimes people want a bargain at the end of the season.

KFC Loella.
    Level 33
    18 League Titles,
    3 Champions League,
    1 Cup.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    I believe that it is never easy to sell players near end of season. It is usual that several attempts are required. So, in my opinion, best time for selling is always first half of a season.

For buying players, different managers have different preferences. If you buy players in season beginning, you face more competitions in auction market but you may find more norgens and can use your new players for most of the season. If you buy players later, you may spend less time on auction and save some tokens.

If a team will not promote in next season, the players who were brought near season end will not lose a star in new season, can be used for whole of next season, and usually can be brought with a lower token & cash price.

I never think there is a simple answer for best time of buying or selling. Otherwise this game is not interesting.
    HairDryer likes this.

Because you are only lvl2 it's better to sell now,next season their prices will decrease and mony is a big problem at the beginning,so if u want to sell,sell now,it will be easy,many at your level don't know that players lose 1* at the beginning of a new seson

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    Al Svanberg and nikolgiorgos like this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Because you are only lvl2 it's better to sell now,next season their prices will decrease and mony is a big problem at the beginning,so if u want to sell,sell now,it will be easy,many at your level don't know that players lose 1* at the beginning of a new seson

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my advice is definitely to sell young players now, they will loose quite a lot in value from lvl 1 to 2. Check my beginners guide in that section!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    madflo19 likes this.
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...s-players.html

Understanding the 2016 Training System
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ng-system.html

How to make a budget
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...op-player.html

So while i am at lower leagues sell players at the end of the season and when i get to like lvl 10, then sell them in the beginning basically?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by keriks View Post
    So while i am at lower leagues sell players at the end of the season and when i get to like lvl 10, then sell them in the beginning basically?
    If you can sell unused players now, selling them before season end. You will get higher return. But there will be less available players when next season begins.

However, as you promotes to higher levels, you will find more & more difficult to sell players near season end. Moreover, the reduce of selling price after season begins will be less important to your team.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 08-20-2016 at 03:46 AM.
    keriks likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    If you can sell unused players now, selling them before season end. You will get higher return. But there will be less available players when next season begins.

However, as you promotes to higher levels, you will find more & more difficult to sell players near season end. Moreover, the reduce of selling price after season begins will be less important to your team.
    For further information, market prices of players are higher before season end. So you can sell players in auction market with higher starting price before season end. However, there are less buyers in auction market near season end. There are likely less bids on your players. Thus the final selling price may not be high. But you should also understand that there are more players available in market in season beginning. Many of them are norgen or normal young players. Buyers usually will target on these players instead of old players. So probably it is wise to try to sell old players before season end.

I usually sell players in new seasons because the selling price is usually higher, success rate is higher and I unlikely need to repeatedly place my players to auction market. However, if a unused players' contract will expire at season, I may try to sell him near season end (in case I have patience and time to do so). Then I need not to re-sign him in new season and pay him contract re-signing fee before putting him in auction market.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 08-20-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    that's a point here but actually it's about the same as in the first day of the new season, you might get lucky and there could be a good bidding war for some of your players
    Why don't you try to sell the higher q players to have a better Cup draw ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html