Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why I am quitting...

Why I am quitting...

So I have played this game for one season and finished first and was promoted to the next league. Exited to see what new challenges wait for me at the next league first thing I see is that all my players have lost a star. I was very upset so I decided to see why this happened. I read the article explaining that as you get promoted all your players lose a star as they are now is a harder level. What a load of …. I mean really you spend tokens on a scout player only to find that he is now no longer a scout player? What if you spent tokens on personal trainer? That would have been a good spend of 2k tokens! According to the article of why my players lose a star is states “they don’t lose any skills or stats, but in this new league, the standards are higher and the competition is tougher” if that is the case why do they lose value? I mean I can go to transfers and buy 5 star players for the same price that I did the previous season. Should not the 5 start players be worth way more if they are in a new higher level? This is absolutely rubbish and I will not be playing this game anymore. Maybe there is a Manager type game that does not have this stupid rule and if I find that I will go play that one.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Hey Metal King,

Here is what Stars mean in Top Eleven - Stars do not show the quality of your players, instead they give you a representation of how capable these players (and your club for that matter), are for the level of the League competition that you are currently participating in. The percentages that you see are an additional way to gauge your team's strength - Again, in comparison to what kind of competition the League you are in, offers.

You get promoted to the next level if you end the League in the top 7 at the end of the season - This basically means that your Club has been found strong and capable enough to advance in the League competition.

Now, keep in mind that your players do not lose quality points (numbers in brackets), which are the actual representation for what their capabilities as players are in their current state.

So what happens is basically this - The players in the team are skilled enough to win matches and thus, advance their Club to a higher Football competition (The level of the League). These players have been very good up until this point but their quality was enough for the lower level League and will have to train their skills further in order to become proficient enough for the new challenge as they are present in a higher level League.

Naturally if you do not get promoted to the next level of the League, your players will be exactly as good for the current level as they were last season. But again, this is, of course, when you do not actually level up - which is only logical to be the case.

This is the challenge of Top Eleven. Managing your resources and your Club, trying to find talented players as cheaply as possible. and maintain a good training schedule each season. It's a constant game of juggling your resources and playing the arms-race.

But overall, keeping in mind that eventually a player will retire... well eventually all of the investment in players will, seemingly, be forfeit. That is if you tunnel-vision.
    But looking at the bigger picture, you are investing not in the players but in the Club as a whole. It may sound cynical but, you as a Manager have to keep a football CLUB in good condition and the players are basically a means to an end. Win trophies and renown for the Club.

There's a lot more dept in Top Eleven than meets the eye, which a lot of veteran Managers across the forum will concur with. This is the challenge of the game and this is what keeps the people playing.
    sherlock140 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok @Metal King, you didn't like the game and you stopped playing.
    it's your right.
    But I don't understand why you bothered to register in the forum and tell us that.
    You could log in earlier, read a lot of useful threads, ask questions, exchange opinions or make suggestions.
    but you made your first and last post to say that you don't like it and you quit.
    Good bye then, I 'm not gonna cry
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Some people live for the fortune, some people live just for the fame, some people live for the power, yeah, some people live just to play the game. LOL

Cherrio

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Ok @Metal King, you didn't like the game and you stopped playing.
    it's your right.
    But I don't understand why you bothered to register in the forum and tell us that.
    You could log in earlier, read a lot of useful threads, ask questions, exchange opinions or make suggestions.
    but you made your first and last post to say that you don't like it and you quit.
    Good bye then, I 'm not gonna cry
    It's still his right to register on he forum and tell us that

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    My big mistake was reading his post.
    Bunzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal King View Post
    So I have played this game for one season and finished first and was promoted to the next league. Exited to see what new challenges wait for me at the next league first thing I see is that all my players have lost a star. I was very upset so I decided to see why this happened. I read the article explaining that as you get promoted all your players lose a star as they are now is a harder level. What a load of …. I mean really you spend tokens on a scout player only to find that he is now no longer a scout player? What if you spent tokens on personal trainer? That would have been a good spend of 2k tokens! According to the article of why my players lose a star is states “they don’t lose any skills or stats, but in this new league, the standards are higher and the competition is tougher” if that is the case why do they lose value? I mean I can go to transfers and buy 5 star players for the same price that I did the previous season. Should not the 5 start players be worth way more if they are in a new higher level? This is absolutely rubbish and I will not be playing this game anymore. Maybe there is a Manager type game that does not have this stupid rule and if I find that I will go play that one.
    "Exited to see what new challenges wait for me at the next league"

Well, is a football game, there's not a big secret to be shown, 22 men and a ball. There's not a level with barbacoas in the field. xD

We have seen some new managers coming to the forum, judging the game just been played for days... some wasted 200 euros the first season, then complained... and all many times turns around the same, and is that people dont test the game the time that is needed to know of top eleven more deeply, just to know the cup system, to know the dynamic of this game, in terms of management, in terms of how the skills of the players work and why works like this with players of same level of quality playing so different even have the same quality...

I would invite you and other managers who are new to start the game and test it 3-4 seasons without spend tokens or, spending just few, the game itself is intuitive and to know the dynamic don't needs of a expert opinion, then to know more and have a better experience, read some posts of this forum is a good idea.

The game really goes fast compared with real life, the seasons of 28 days, then a 5* team is easy to keep just been constant in training, and keep a good team when one knows that players are retired between 32-34 years, as said this make of the game a fast game, in what one need be constant and improve, then theres the option to take a rest and tank, so as I tend to do for summers, keep the team out of promotion is the manner to take a rest and have control when is needed.

I personally tested different onlime football simulators and, one can like more or less top eleven, but if is the most played simulator is for a reason, and basically is for what mentioned, because s quick, constant, and other games maybe are more developed, but if have less success is cause this is too a easy and intuitive game that if you understand it don't have complications. (the bold goes for these who caused me headache in the last 3 years understanding the game for the thing that is not... (-__-)' lol <3 )
    Last edited by khris; 08-22-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Al Svanberg and madflo19 like this.

Well, if a second division team dominates the league and gets promoted it doesn't mean it will dominate the first division as well. Their players will still be from second division and not on par with the first division players.
    Higher league, higher difficulty and hence you have worse players.
    It happened occasionally in real football that a newly promoted team will also dominate the league and the same can happen here if you buy and manage the right players. I won 2 leagues in a row without buying new players, but the second one has been a lot more difficult.

I know it pisses you off, it does it with me as well even after 2 years of playing. That's why I intensified the training sessions so that young and scout player will keep up with the promotions. Of course you will always need a few new players to fill some gaps.
    Just like you lost a star you can still regain it.

I could keep 3-4 players for several seasons, even up to 5 or 6 and they always gained at least one star every season, 2 when they were young. I sold one of them this season because he didn't score anymore.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast