Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Attack wins matches,defense wins championships!

Attack wins matches,defense wins championships!

Attacking is best form of defense as we all know.But wait!
    Best Defense is also must for winning tiles! Why?so read...

A average 5* quality team starts it journey in ch league,cup,league.This team can face problems against better teams.Why it will face problems?
    Due to strong teams attacking mentality.
    What can be done?
    Improve defense and play defensive with surprising counter attacks.
    What can be outcome?
    My biggest win ever was v/s world class squad 5:0 and my team was normal 4* team.
    What makes us afraid?
    Every new player wants to play attacking v/s strong teams due to thinking that defensive means less goals and they can win by attackin only.But it is totaly wrong.
    For winning big battles you need three things.
    1: Surrender every bad thoughts.
    2: Imply right tactics.
    3: Use lateral thinking.

The purpose of this post is to remove every bad feelings about defensive play.
    Without defensive play my common team was unable to even qualify for next season but I finished no 2 lol.

Trust your defense and you can do anything!
    cookizzz, Supastar and ElPocho like this.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

The combination of defensive and force counter-attacks can be considered as an attacking strategy because it is not defensive as such, as the opponent is allowed to come and attack. Generally, this combination with an appropriate formation seem to work in this game. This is because most teams, whether they are stronger or not, tend to have an attacking mentality. But if those teams had a more appropriate approach, this strategy may fail, even if they are weaker teams.

Also, when you face a stronger team, you can't just force counter attacks; if opposing attackers are stronger or equal to your defensive players, you will likely to concede goals - more goals than using defensive mentality only as you allowed the opponent to come and attack deliberately.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-13-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    Supastar and Arion like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Famous
    Generally speaking, when I want a match low in scoring, I will use defensive mentality, and vice versa.
    Abhinavsharma and Supastar like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Generally speaking, when I want a match low in scoring, I will use defensive mentality, and vice versa.
    That is not necessarily true. I play between Normal and Defensive (counter ON always) and my team is not only the best defense in the league, but I also have 3 players in the top 5 scorers being the best attack as well.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoNBA View Post
    That is not necessarily true. I play between Normal and Defensive (counter ON always) and my team is not only the best defense in the league, but I also have 3 players in the top 5 scorers being the best attack as well.
    Read what I have said above. Defensive and the combination of defensive and counter-attacks are 2 different things.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-13-2016 at 09:27 AM.
    Abhinavsharma and Supastar like this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

You can't be winner all the time with attacking mentality.
    If your defense is weak you will conceed more goals and you will also score goals.
    But to be true if you play defensive you may have more goal difference win.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

I played whole season Defensive but at last I choose Attacking mentality in semi finals but I lost badly against weak teams.My overconfidence maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    If your defense is weak you will conceed more goals and you will also score goals.
    True. But still, you can decrease the amount of conceded goals by using high pressing.

By the way, defense and attack are equally important, especially if you play in all 3 competitions. The mentality to be used is chosen according to the the situation that will be faced.

Like I have said, the combination of defensive and force counter-attacks seems to work in this game because most teams, irrespective of whether they are stronger than your team or not, will use an attacking mentality. But if you face a good manager or the right tactics were selected by coincidence or other, it may fail, even if his team is weaker than yours.
    Last edited by Tactician; 04-13-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    Arion likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoNBA View Post
    I think you do not understand my statement. I never mean defensive mentality leads to low number of goal conceded and scored in a season. I actually mean that I will tend to use harder defense mentality to lower score margin in particular match, and usually turn to attacking mentality at a suitable time within a match to try to score.

But I agree your observation. My teams start matches with defense or hard defensive mentality in all season but one of my players usually obtain the best scorer title every season.

Actually, playing attacking in the earlier levels WINS you championships, but yea, scoring 26 in a season while conceding none will win you a championship.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast