Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    Haha....you really pissed
    Yeah, unexpected. Get 'em, Al!
    Al Svanberg likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    Haha....you really pissed
    I took a 5km run (21:30) and feel better now...

I was fuming!
    Awe Imoleayo Peter and Bunzo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Ah okay, I see, what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Regarding your association conceding 3 goals in the last 3 minutes, I think (not entirely sure) that could be a product of the win bonus. I think having a high win bonus increases the odds of scoring late.
    If the height (depending on level) doesn't matter, like Nordeus says, I don't think so, because we all play full win bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Out of curiousity, are the 5 member associations your group is drawing, in general poorly managed compared to the 6 member ones? I would think the sacrificing the opportunity to earn 48 points, by only having 5 members would be a disadvantage regarding promotion when reaching the higher leagues, since we'll need to earn more points per season to secure promotion, due to losing a greater # of points when that 20% reduction occurs. But if draws are easier, hmm... maybe not!
    Maybe I can tell you more about that at the end of the season. We won 12 times (1x 2nd, 2x3rd) with six members. I made of all screenshots, so I can tell you exactly, how many points we made. At the beginnig (without first FA), we made around 50-65 Points, but since 7th FA, we got always strong(er) FAs, we dropped down to 37-46 points.
    We made with only 5 members average 39 points, so we "only" lost max. 7 points at the moment - at maximum, we lose 28 points per season and that's not that much.
    And no... I don't think, 5 team FAs are poorly managed - We didn't see any difference compared to 6 team FAs, but it's bit too early for a conclusion.
    Al Svanberg and pcmacdaniel like this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

@ Al
    Maybe he has to work? Maybe he has a game at ~11pm, so he can't set it better?

I also changed playtimes of important games last season a few times, because I wasn't able to be there. I think, it's okay to change your HOME time... you play at home, so you can choose, whatever you want. Away, you have to take it.

Today, was great: We won at league 8:0 (vs. 12. place), 3 goals/2 assists Weigl, 4 goals/4 assists Costa.

At cup, we won away 2:3. Opponent hadn't lost at cup and league, was 7% stronger than us. 2 goals scored by Costa, 1 by Kraxner, 3 assists by my playmaker.

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)

Yesterday we conceded our 2nd defeat in league by 1:0, we are still 3rf but this isn't a good sign for sure.
    It have been happening to me the last few seasons, great first half, starts 2nd half and I start the bad results.

Not to worried still 10 points ahead of 9th, I only whant to try the new competition.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    @ Al
    Maybe he has to work? Maybe he has a game at ~11pm, so he can't set it better?

I also changed playtimes of important games last season a few times, because I wasn't able to be there. I think, it's okay to change your HOME time... you play at home, so you can choose, whatever you want. Away, you have to take it.
    Yeah, and I have changed my mind about this guy. He is one hour ahead of me over there and sat the game time to 02:30 AM (3.30 AM for him). I thought it was some lame attempt to screw us both and that he wouldn't show. But he showed, and had all his friends with him (this is what I call devotion!! Damn!):

Season 84 - Are you ready?-ukr-3.jpg

And like you say, I can't fault him, its his option. But I do maybe think that -- since watching games is so important -- it shouldn't be possible to move them to the middle of the night.

But Al FC, with its modified 5-4-1 formation -- inspired by Åge Hareide's Malmö FF's approach that took them to two straight CLs -- is a tough nut to crack and my guys got the job done again:

Season 84 - Are you ready?-ukr-4.jpg

I am not sure what happened, but I would guess at that I had a slight advantage which gave me a 2-0 lead early thanks to a lot of luck basically, then he started to pressure too hard which exposed him defensively.

I think that is a good lesson to learn in this game. Its hard to win a game, I don't know how many times I have taken a 2-0 lead in an even game, then in the end the opponent comes back and ties it, or the other way around. BUT, a game is very easy to "loose". A red card. You start to pressure to hard offensively. Stuff like that. Best approach is probably to just try to hang in there. Like even if you face an opponent a bit worse than you and the game is close, say you are only up by a goal after 45', don't start to push hard to put the game away. Most of the time it can cost you a lot.

But Al FC is a bit like this. Sure it has the odd stinker, but most of the time its a very hard team to beat and good opponents tends to fall apart against it.
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 10-04-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    And like you say, I can't fault him, its his option. But I do maybe think that -- since watching games is so important -- it shouldn't be possible to move them to the middle of the night.
    I'm don't with you, because that means, worst case you couldn't watch both games. If you are 8-10 hours ahead/back, your opponent has the disadvantage.

And... you also learned: watching/friends don't give you a victory. The only advantage you have, if you are watching: you can change formation/tactic - BUT I think, if you aren't there, the AM will "change" tactics on his thoughts. That can be good or bad.
    My "problem" is, I want to win/lose an my own. I don't the ask myself: "Did I win, if I was away? Did I lost, because I wasn't there?" I don't want to let the AM decide, what to do. That's the reason, why I try to be there everytime.

First game today, we played 2.leg CL at home. We won 4:0, but I think, Weigl need few games to recover. After his furious beginning, he wasn't that good the last games. He said, he don't need a break, he wanna try to take the record of Costa. I understand his point, but if I take a look at his performance, I think he is a bit tired. We have two league games before the 2nd leg of cup starts. Both games, he will be at the substitutes' bench. I hope, he isn't angry with me... but we need Weigl in a good/perfect shape.
    madflo19, pcmacdaniel and Dman2pt like this.

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)

I was absent and so dunno how this happened, it is not my tactics that u am very sure of, I beat him 2 1 at his ground. Maybe the tanking was wrong, coz I lost with 9goals. Anyway...I am out of champions league
    nikolgiorgos and Dman2pt like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Yeah, and I have changed my mind about this guy. He is one hour ahead of me over there and sat the game time to 02:30 AM (3.30 AM for him). I thought it was some lame attempt to screw us both and that he wouldn't show. But he showed, and had all his friends with him (this is what I call devotion!! Damn!):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ukr 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	71969

But Al FC, with its modified 5-4-1 formation -- inspired by Åge Hareide's Malmö FF's approach that took them to two straight CLs -- is a tough nut to crack and my guys got the job done again:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ukr 4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	71970

I am not sure what happened, but I would guess at that I had a slight advantage which gave me a 2-0 lead early thanks to a lot of luck basically, then he started to pressure too hard which exposed him defensively.

I think that is a good lesson to learn in this game. Its hard to win a game, I don't know how many times I have taken a 2-0 lead in an even game, then in the end the opponent comes back and ties it, or the other way around. BUT, a game is very easy to "loose". A red card. You start to pressure to hard offensively. Stuff like that. Best approach is probably to just try to hang in there. Like even if you face an opponent a bit worse than you and the game is close, say you are only up by a goal after 45', don't start to push hard to put the game away. Most of the time it can cost you a lot.

But Al FC is a bit like this. Sure it has the odd stinker, but most of the time its a very hard team to beat and good opponents tends to fall apart against it.
    I agree with you about the best approach sometimes is to just hang in there and not change anything.

Last weekend in associations I encountered a situation like this. I was up 2-1 at the 70 minute mark, when my opponent clearly changed to a more attacking setup, since he started dominating possession. At this point in time, I knew that the best case scenario for my association was a draw and we were trailing on GD -2 at that time. If GD got to 0 and they didn't score anymore goals in the matches still being played, we'd be even on away goals as well, which if I recall Nash123's earlier post correctly means we'd be headed to penalty shootout. So, since my opponent decided to open up defensively, I responded by changing from my orders from normal, mixed, low press, zonal to attacking, short, high press, m2m; I knew this favored me as well since he wasn't in an attacking formation and I had 8* players on both flanks. I also had to take risk, he didn't, because of the GD. I scored the 3rd goal while I was changing orders, then in the final 10 minutes scored two more as his defense came completely unglued and we escaped with a win on goal differential (21-20).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 10-04-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Al Svanberg and Dman2pt like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Dreamer
    Nash- Yeah, it would have to be combined with some kind of geographical/time-zone split of the severs.

But you have that already, right? I am sure there are odd exceptions, but I've only had games between like 8am and 11 PM the last seasons.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast