Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pulling fans out of their pockets when they need to

Rookie

Pulling fans out of their pockets when they need to

Last week I was playing against a guy whom I have played against before several times. He always has a strong team full of scouts. And it was always a tough match against. He had "friends" attend on a few occasions. They seem to show up at very convenient timing. This time it got very obvious.

I was losing the first half 1-0 and he was dominating the match and it looked like just a matter of time before he scores more. I changed my tactics for the second half and boom! I go 3 up.

He goes crazy and these "fans" literally poured in to his side. No less than 4 people. The tide turned again drastically this time and he was camping my half and he scored a goal. I barely escaped the match with 3-2. One more minute and he would have scored!

Today, a league competitor came into the match and had already brought fans from minute 1. Seems he has done his homework.

how come I don't have fans which I can summon when I need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaser Als View Post

Well,if you make in game friends and you support them whenever you can,they will also support you,but if you have friends only to give/get gifts you will never have "fans"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    pcmacdaniel and Alessio Fitch like this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Well,if you make in game friends and you support them whenever you can,they will also support you,but if you have friends only to give/get gifts you will never have "fans"

If that was the case, how did 4 in-game "fans" know that he was losing and suddenly all came in to support him at once?

If that was the case, how did 4 in-game "fans" know that he was losing and suddenly all came in to support him at once?
    They didn't knew he was loosing,they were online or they've just went online and support him

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

probably he have lots of friend and always support them in game in return friend is alway there to support him.

Famous
    Honestly, I think that's paranoid. The match is only 8 minutes real time, it's hard to imagine a player who can contact friends to coordinate them with expert timing. Who knows, maybe he used FB messenger and messaged all his friends.

Get more friends in game, try to find friends of many levels and leagues, and only if you think they are currently active. Friend request managers you see supporting other players, since you know they show up as fans. M

Edit: I've got a few over 100 friends, some games I have 5 fans, sometimes 0, usually 0-2. It's just another detail to manage.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Honestly, I think that's paranoid.
    Maybe it is. But it has happened before to a lesser degree and certainly happened with other players too.

Sure, lots of players get fans, but in some cases they show up at very convenient timing, often to save the game it seems. Always smelled fishy to me.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't understand what you mean
    btw
    Are you playing with the old or the new version ? If it's the new , live, you 're visiting so often the guest screen to see who 's watching ?

* Also want to add that I had an experience with a local T11 fb group and sometimes a guy who had a critical game, made a post asking for support from the other members.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    In the mobile version the ! symbol pops up and it is pretty easy to check fans often.

Now maybe I'm getting paranoid but... I do notice that the notification for friend's matches doesn't always appear right away. Like, even if I'm doing nothing active, i won't have the pop-up to support the match until late in the game. So there is maybe potential for Nordeus programming to act with bias in deciding when or even to whom to display the friend support notification.

That said, I'm very sceptical.

Famous
    Last week I was playing against a guy whom I have played against before several times. He always has a strong team full of scouts. And it was always a tough match against. He had "friends" attend on a few occasions. They seem to show up at very convenient timing. This time it got very obvious.

I was losing the first half 1-0 and he was dominating the match and it looked like just a matter of time before he scores more. I changed my tactics for the second half and boom! I go 3 up.

He goes crazy and these "fans" literally poured in to his side. No less than 4 people. The tide turned again drastically this time and he was camping my half and he scored a goal. I barely escaped the match with 3-2. One more minute and he would have scored!

Today, a league competitor came into the match and had already brought fans from minute 1. Seems he has done his homework.

As you experienced, you don't need a bunch of fans to win.

I honestly think facing power-support is more of a psychological thing than anything else. I've seen teams with a +15% possession bonus lose several times. Sure, the supporters help a little bit, but generally speaking a bunch of supporters won't be the variable that determines who wins or loses.

Regarding supporters, as others have stated just add a few managers that you've seen supporting other teams. Personally, if my t11 friends appear 3 times per season, I think that's good. Lets say I have 100 friends, each attend 3 times, that's 300 supporters for the season. If I play the max number of games, its an average of 5.7 supporters/match; averaging an entourage.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 10-07-2016 at 09:04 AM.
    Jeeves likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast