Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tactics For Coward?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryForward View Post
    There is difference between beating two level above team who has same qualty as you & 1 or 2 level above manager who has way better quality team. I have also beaten above level team Before. I even beat One level above team in this Cup Semi Final too. But As I said He came with even stronger team than 1st leg. you just cant buy Too many 6/7 star players in one day. Unless you buy tokens
    But in that case, what are you suggestions ? Keep everyone from the same level ? It just would be another CL! What's the point ? And token buyers would rule it! Cup draw is a picture of the quality situation on day 1 of the season. What "manipulaters" do is to try and look smiley on the picture and become nasty later on - like me. But then, anything can happen. Higher level players may suddenly wake-up and start buying players. And destroy "manipulaters" like it happened to me. So no system is perfect. The heart and soul of cup is to mix players from different levels. Remove that possibility and you kill it.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterFC View Post
    I am not expert but Cup Manipulation isn't fair play for lower level Managers.
    The point of cup draw "manipulation" is not to face lower level managers: I played only 1 in 24 cups. It's to play semi-active or almost dead teams. As mentioned above, I prefer by miles to play a sleeping team 2 levels above me than an active one from the same. For instance, I'm level 21. In my cup this season, the last 16 was made of 14 teams from 21, 1 from 22 and one from 23. Did not see any 20 or below in ca. 80 teams carefully examined.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 10-12-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterFC View Post
    I am not expert but Cup Manipulation isn't fair play for lower level Managers.
    Look, I think there is one more dimension to this.

To put it like this -- and Top Eleven is hardly unique in this sense -- in an online game, if you need to do something to have any shot at succeeding, can that be immoral?

As an example, lets say 99% of all TE players dumped all players but say 8 last day of the season, and had six 1 star players, it would be completely impossible to win the Cup if you didn't "manipulate" the draw. Right? At every stage, you would face someone that is 2-3 levels above me at least. By what standards would it be "immoral" to as a new player do the same thing? Its a simple question to answer, that wouldn't be immoral. Someone might think otherwise, but by the standards we have in our society, its not even close to being immoral.

To apply this on TE, lets first acknowledge that far from 99% of the players do this. How big of a portion of all managers are active to start with? 25%? 50%? 10%? How many of all active managers do this? 25%? 50%? 10%? So there are no easy answers.

But what is right thing to do?

-If everyone did this, it would be 100% fair and even playing field. Right? But everyone cannot do this, not that many know how the system works etc.

-If nobody did this, it would be 100% fair. But that is not the case either. Its so common that if you do not do it, you will be eliminated by someone 2-4 levels above you. Is that fair for the loosing manager? So should he do the same thing?

-Can you do it only a little? IE not keep your 14 best players, but maybe only your top 12? Top 13?

What I did last season was so sell off a few depth players late in the season -- 100% instead of -- early this season. I kept my top 12 players, and had a few free academy players on my roster that evened things out. This year in the Cup, I have exclusively played managers at least 1 lvl higher than me, and many 2 levels higher than me. I think that has been fairly "fair" IMO. I suspect that if I had kept my best 3 subs, I would have started to play managers 3 levels above me and that is just too much. And at least 2-3 of those guys would have manipulated the system and come in with 160-190% teams (which is really easy for a lvl 7 manager against a lvl 4 manager, they just need a 100% team to be 160% against me). And I think its just ridiculous to claim that it "still is possible" to beat someone 50-60% better than you. Sure its possible, once every 10th or 15th time you play them.

So I don't really agree with someone coming in full throttle attacking someone not keep all best players late in the season. Its pretty grey what to do from my POV.

Just my humble opinion!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 10-12-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.

One suggestion could be:

Multi-level managers --> YES
    Calculate %percentage for cup excluding 1&2&3 star players from team.
    If team has no 4+ star players, calculate the 3 star.
    If he has no 3 star players, omg what he is doing in top eleven.

In this way multi level managers will play along and quality will be at the same range.
    That was Nordeus wanted at first when creating cup, but it seems that quality average calculation needs some refinements.

control the market in the first week of the season. Manager only allowed to buy 3 player max.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    control the market in the first week of the season. Manager only allowed to buy 3 player max.
    Disagree. This is bad:
    1) transfers are one of top interesting feature of the game
    2) transfers costs tokens, nordeus won't limit them.

The point is to make the quality calculation more accurate for the cup, not to change the whole game so we have no super-top-wow-star teams.

I've given up on the cup and attempt to go out at the first round due to always being the lowest level team due to my entire squad being at least 7 stars.
    I prefer to play friendlies in my own time and train my players hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    Cup draw should be based on your average quality throughout the whole season. Problem solved.
    This is what Killroy suggested in one thread & I would agree with him. Cup draw should based on our average quality throughout the whole season. They should just consider our top 14 player in quality which we are using in whole season. Managers will not sold their best player for getting easy draw for next season. For sure they are not going to destroy their own team/current season for Club Manipultion.
    Last edited by LegendaryForward; 10-12-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryForward View Post
    This is what Killroy suggested in one thread & I would agree with him. Cup draw should based on our average quality throughout the whole season. They should just consider our top 14 player in quality which we are using in whole season. Managers will not sold their best player for getting easy draw for next season. For sure they are not going to destroy their own team/current season for Club Manipultion.
    I completely disagree with that: I am not building a 7-star team season after season just to get 7-star opposition ! What would be the point ? So, you just abandon your team to a 2-star level and you get as many chances to win the cup as me ?? And you are claiming you want a fair cup ? How fair would that be ?
    It would be like saying: I do not want to work, so I do not earn money, so I deserve a $ 10 Ferrari !
    Have you heard Dynamo Zagreb or Basel complaining about the fairness of Champions League ? If you want the CL, you build up Real's or Bayern's squad.
    At least, one thing rejoyces me: there is no chance that Nordeus would consider this change as it is definitely not in their interest.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 10-12-2016 at 05:30 PM.

One year I won the cup and the next season I lost in the first round. Now that's unfair.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast