Thread: If i can ony afford 1 quaity player...

If i can ony afford 1 quaity player...

I am in my second season, and out of 11 first team players, only 2 of them are above quality 25. 5 of them are between 20-24 quality and the rest re all 18-19.

The 2 quality 5 players are a DC and a ST. I play a 4-3-3 formation and below is the ratings of the players.

22 - 25 - 19

18 - 20 - 20

18 - 23 - 25 - 20

I spent 1.5mil on both my 25 rating players earlier, assuming this will ensure they remain great players in the next season and also offer moe value in many seasons to come. However i am at a dilemma as to where i should upgrade my next poition?

Can anyone share with me which position i should be looking at and also if my strategy for buying players are correct? I rather spend big on one quality player and upgrade as and when i have the money rather than upgrade the team bit by bit. I have 1.5mil to spend at the moment.

Thanks for sharing.

I would invest in a new goalie and a midfielder with that 1.5mil. The important question is that how many token do you have? To buy 1 quality player you need at least 3-5 tokens my friends.

Apprentice
    Id also recommend Goalie and MC. Always invest in players you can use in many formations. A single position winger will limit your tactical options.

Thanks for sharing guys. I'll go for the GK first then. If i were to buy a GK and MC for 1.5mil though, both will probably only be average players. Or is it more advisable to invest big in one player so i dont have to worry about his position for a couple of seasons at least.

Pro
    You can pick up a good keeper relatively cheap. Personally I'd build from the back, try find a player that can play more than one position. I.e. both my dr/dl can play dc. the gulf between levels 1 through 3 isn't that great (barring scout buying teams).I'd suggest buying on the last day if the season, allot of unwanted players from people who do have the money and tokens, there unwanted players will do well for you the following season!

Ok, will look out for those players, thanks for sharing.

By the way, how do you define a good player? For me, if the player is 20 years and below and has a rating of 24-25, i'll take that as a good player. How do you guys scout for good players?

Addicted
    instead of two young players you could get like four ~28y olds. ofc they will retire in ~4 seasons, but 4 seasons is quite some time. but u should keep a balance between old and young guys, with too old players you will get in trouble when they start to retire and you need to replace them

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by xfer View Post
    Ok, will look out for those players, thanks for sharing.

By the way, how do you define a good player? For me, if the player is 20 years and below and has a rating of 24-25, i'll take that as a good player. How do you guys scout for good players?
    i term good players 4/5 stars(25-29 being 4 stars), which is mostly what i have. Ive 2 scouts, one who will become legend very soon. I also have 2 3 star players who are young and progressing well.

Ive a few older, better rated players who were cheap and although they wont last long theyll do a job for a few seasons and were easier to aquire, during this time i can train my younger guys up to replace them when i sell them (I will do this before they retire, letting them retire would be a waste). For me personally i buy n sell fairly often, always looking for better than what ive got, so age isnt really an issue.