Thread: Difference of red card effect between Associations and League-CL-Cup.

Difference of red card effect between Associations and League-CL-Cup.

Hi guys.

It's been now many months of association tournaments, hence many games, so it's logical to have played games where there was at least 1 red card. I'm sure you also had red cards, in favor or against.
    At first we had easy opponents, so I didn't see any strange things when red cards happened. We still won, with or without.
    But then, when the opponents started to be equal, the red card at 90% of the times (at least in my games) had almost zero effect.
    For example, if the opponent had 55% possession, after the red card it went to 50%.
    Sometimes I had the red card and could make goals easily.
    However this doesn't happen in the other competitions. The red card works normally and affects the game the right way.

My question is... how many of you have noticed this in the associations??
    I was about to report this, but I thought that firstly it would be better ask the TE community.

Famous
    I haven't noticed.

Btw, what exactly were you going to report?

The only constant about red cards working "the right way" is that one player is sent off, it's not like there are rules about giving up more possession or goals. There is statistical analysis out and formulae predicting the goal difference impact of a red card given X minutes remaining, but there are many factors at play. Who is out, how tactics and formations have adapted, players can be more motivated to push, or a manager might go Hail Mary and become more aggressive.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

No, rules exist.
    That's why this game is just an algorithm calculating numbers, not real life football.
    If you get a red card, automatically you lose possession... that's how it works in the other competitions.
    For writing this thread here means that I have noticed the difference in the association, which means it doesn't work the way it should.
    Trust me, I'm playing this game since 2011.

Famous
    Nico and others believe FA and/or friendlies don't calculate the same way as other competitions; I haven't heard this mentioned specifically. You could track matches in other competitions and eventually derive the relevant formulae for red card after effects, this would be both valuable and impressive. I would be interested and relatively humbled; I would also trust what you're saying at that point.

Some differences between association & friendly vs. other competitions might be explained as simply as many teams probably offer a lower win bonus in those competitions. Similarly, condition is probably least cared for in those competitions.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    in associations I believe the factors
    - bonus (+ extra bonus)
    - supporting from team mates
    have a different calculation
    (for obvious reasons)

So if oppo has a 10% b.p. and if he tab the extra button, can affect in a different way the b.p.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html