Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sequence of defeats

For a game that aspires to be realistic, five or six defeats in a row against much weaker teams is not normal.
    The game engine is messed up, but most people on here are still drinking kool-aid.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    omg, he 's back again
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Aspires to realism? Top Eleven?
    I'll take some of that kool aid.
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 01-03-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Famous
    To be slightly serious, there are more articulate and interesting threads exploring the "messed up game" concept.

GK Stories by Sir Niko, do they save more than they should
    1 star GK experiment also Nik The Magnikicent, why is he effective
    Are unwatched teams better by Nash
    FA exploit threads
    Countless threads on why ST sucks, Cup ChL NML L and FA draws all suck, academy players suck, injuries suck

Most of this forum thinks the game is problematic to 1 extent of another, and we craft many interesting discussions around these ideas and opinions with an open mind. That some can't participate constructively, thoughtfully, and with consideration for the rest of the forum users is a shame. We can each do our small part to not be an ***hole and snap at everyone for every single GD post they make. You are your own tone, and sometimes it's not pleasant to the ear.
    ibangali likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

I had this same exact issue. I am in Season 11 and I have qualified for the CL every season since the second one and every time I have made it out of the group stage. This year I was put in a group with everyone from level 12 and I finished with 1 draw and 5 losses. I checked the other groups and realised that out of the 32 teams probably about 5 other teams were on my level and the rest were level 12. Apparently it's just top 11 s way of balancing out your success. I was even struggling in my league as well, and I am always finishing 1st or second in the league. It was so bad that I went all the way down to the relegation zone early on, but I just modified my tactics and formation and right now I am in second place. I cant finish 1st again because they have a 9 pt lead with 5 games left to go and all easy matches, but based on where I was coming from I will happily take second place.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    ibangali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ruijorge View Post
    I might not be the best manager, but I am always trying to improve. And being at level 28 means that I had plenty of opportunities to learn and improve, and that I will have lots of other opportunities to improve further.
    A game is a game and even in real world weaker teams may defeat stronger teams. We all know that.
    What is not understandable is that now I have 5 defeats in a row, 4 of which with weaker teams and with weaker formation (I cannot see the full tactics, but I can see the formation).
    Maybe @nikolgiorgos is right and I should replace the team by the weaker elements and see how that work out.
    some times we should check the oponet which we think is weaker
    http://forum.topeleven.com/associati...tml#post435013

Rookie
    i understand your pain. I'm facing the same issue right now in my league. With 6 games remaining, and 10 points ahead of 2nd place team, i have lost 2 in a row against bottom 4 teams. And in the first round, i thrashed both teams [5-1 and 3-0]. But this time i lost despite having more shots and possession. My lead is now just 4 points with 4 games remaining.

I believe this is just the game engine messing with teams to make the league more exciting and not end the competition with 4 or 5 games remaining?
    motrin likes this.

What I like in a management game is the challenge.
    I have to find out the several influential factors, I try to anticipate, and be prepared for, my competition decisions, and evaluate the risks and potential outcomes of my decisions. This is not a fantasy theme, so it is expected to reflect the real world logic.
    What I expect is an AI engine that becomes closer to the real world.
    1- If it forces defeats to keep a competitive season, it is not simulating the real world.
    2- If it changes the logic in the middle of the season, it is not simulating the real world.

Any of these 2 options (besides my eventual sudden incapacity to manage a team at level 28) can justify that with a good team I dropped in 6 weeks from 1st/2nd place to 5th place and only now I will start the difficult matches.

Looking at other topics in this forum, there are several strange situations.
    But for all of us, Top11 is a black box where we see the impact on our teams but we cannot find out what is wrong with it.

@PricopGeorgeCătălin said that we can influence the developers team to correct the game. But without knowing what is happening we cannot ask for any specific correction.

So I will hope that this is a temporary problem and that next season I will be able to recover my performance.
    ibangali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by craigyc13 View Post
    I had this same exact issue. I am in Season 11 and I have qualified for the CL every season since the second one and every time I have made it out of the group stage. This year I was put in a group with everyone from level 12 and I finished with 1 draw and 5 losses. I checked the other groups and realised that out of the 32 teams probably about 5 other teams were on my level and the rest were level 12. Apparently it's just top 11 s way of balancing out your success. I was even struggling in my league as well, and I am always finishing 1st or second in the league. It was so bad that I went all the way down to the relegation zone early on, but I just modified my tactics and formation and right now I am in second place. I cant finish 1st again because they have a 9 pt lead with 5 games left to go and all easy matches, but based on where I was coming from I will happily take second place.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    Turns out the person in 1st place somehow gave up the 9 pts in 5 matches and I ended up winning the league. I beat them in the
    last match. Absolutely amazing.

Sequence of defeats-tmp_9495-screenshot_2017-01-07-17-44-12-960797279.jpg

New season and new hopes.
    No CL, but at least now we have the NML
    Rafael1991 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast