Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Finished ninth, but still promoted?

Finished ninth, but still promoted?

I finished ninth in my league. Could see it coming with a week to spare, so I set about spending tokens on 99% players to build a good team ready to challenge for the title in the same league for the next season.

Problem is, I've mysteriously been promoted up a level and, therefore, my players have all lost a star.

Effectively, I've just wasted a load of tokens on 89% players who now cannot compete.

Question is, why would my team be elevated a level after finishing ninth?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes every month, managers (mostly new in the forum) post about the same subject.
    It's written in the rules and it usually happening
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ced-level.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Hi LeedsFC

Top Eleven is a competitive game and we try to make the League as combatant as possible.

That's why on rare occasions some teams may level up or even not level up disregarding their final position in the ranking, which is what happened in your situation.

I've been playing for five years. It's never happened before.

I've played Top Eleven every day for the last five years (never imagined I would say that about any game in my life), and I understand fully how the star grading works.

My point is that, in this case, I appear to have*effectively been promoted despite finishing ninth - outside of the promotion places.

Knowing I wouldn't level up, I therefore set about strengthening my squad to prepare for the next season at the same level, buying up players who were at 89%. But this sudden and surprise situation has now made that strengthening quite pointless, and a waste of an awful lot of tokens spent on players who are now effectively downgraded to 79% - all without my knowledge.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFC View Post
    I've played Top Eleven every day for the last five years (never imagined I would say that about any game in my life), and I understand fully how the star grading works.

My point is that, in this case, I appear to have*effectively been promoted despite finishing ninth - outside of the promotion places.

Knowing I wouldn't level up, I therefore set about strengthening my squad to prepare for the next season at the same level, buying up players who were at 89%. But this sudden and surprise situation has now made that strengthening quite pointless, and a waste of an awful lot of tokens spent on players who are now effectively downgraded to 79% - all without my knowledge.
    cropped from Nordeus official site.

Finished ninth, but still promoted?-capture.png

Rare is an understatement, it happens for someone every season, and then they are in your situation.

Best to finish lower to assure a none promotion

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -