Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why always 4-4-2 classic???

Quote Originally Posted by MiaSanMia View Post
    @ gkassimis!
    the thing is they are all active....
    and tell me about it!
    I have 7 of them in my league....
    it's probably your fault. the normal situation is to be 2 strong teams in the league. not 7. the only explanation is that you are friends so you are connected. i have a lot of strong competition for my cup and cl. i dont need to add extra competition to my league so i remove all my strong same level friends from day 1 until day 3.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

4-4-2 & 4-1-4-1 are my favourites.... Formations like 3-2-2-2-1, 3-3-2-2 or 1-2-4-5-2-4-8 is just to complicated
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Defineately 4-4-2 for me. I used this formation for 90% of the time I've been on here, and have been promoted every season.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

On the subject of friends and active teams, this is where I get my main enjoyment from the game. In my current league, there are 8 teams that I am friend's with. Four of them have been in the league with me for the past 4 seasons. We are all evenly matched, and we keep getting promoted alongside each other. I won my league last season, but in the CL, this season, the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd & 4th, were also in my tournament. It's getting really enjoyable, pitting my wits against regualar opponents.

Its far better than having a league where there are only about 3 or 4 active managers. Just blasting goals past managerless teams, day after day, is boring.
    LONDON CITY

Formation should be used based on your opponent! I always try and see the advantages and disadvantages I have against my opponents. Right now, my league is very week except one guy that is neck in neck with me (he is my friend and also a token buyer). So basically when I play him I always try to see the best formation to counter him. Same thing in the CL as I have reached the quarter finals and things start to get tricky so you need to put your best formation out there but keeping in mind what formation your opponent will play. One thing I saw a couple of times is that you prepare your team to counter your oponen't s formation and in the last five minutes before the game he changes it so then you have to improvise
    These are called very effective players
    Raykco likes this.
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

That's why I stick with my own tactics. I never worry about what formation they are u+-sing, and I only ever look at their squad, to get an idea of how strong they are. I use the thought, I'm not worrying about your tactics, you can worry yourself about mine, if you like.
    LONDON CITY

This morning I just play CL against classic 4-4-2. This guy is also in my League, right behind me. He always play 4-4-2, he is token buyer and never present at the game.

I play counter formation 4-5-1V home game I won 1-0. Yesterday, away I play 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly also counter 4-4-2 and I lost 1-0 even though my team is much stronger and I present at the game at 4:33am (damn it). Luckily the penalty shoot out I won by marginal 5-4 if not I would be very piss off.

Thus 4-4-2 is still a damn strong formation and even counter formation cannot always win. I think that counter formation is not working any more or at least not as much as it used to be. So be yourself !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singaboy View Post
    This morning I just play CL against classic 4-4-2. This guy is also in my League, right behind me. He always play 4-4-2, he is token buyer and never present at the game.

I play counter formation 4-5-1V home game I won 1-0. Yesterday, away I play 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly also counter 4-4-2 and I lost 1-0 even though my team is much stronger and I present at the game at 4:33am (damn it). Luckily the penalty shoot out I won by marginal 5-4 if not I would be very piss off.

Thus 4-4-2 is still a damn strong formation and even counter formation cannot always win. I think that counter formation is not working any more or at least not as much as it used to be. So be yourself !
    Maybe you should have tried the best counter for 4-4-2: 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. You probably would have kicked @ss in both games with this formation.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Maybe you should have tried the best counter for 4-4-2: 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. You probably would have kicked @ss in both games with this formation.
    don't bet your money on it. what if he has quality wingers motivated and he focus passing down the flanks? it's 50-50
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    don't bet your money on it. what if he has quality wingers motivated and he focus passing down the flanks? it's 50-50
    You are so right about my team. I have very good wingers and focus passing down the flanks especially on the right where the opponent's defender is only 3 stars while my AMR is 5 stars. I also motivated red arrow on my AMR, he was very active during the match however so many miss chances therefore I lost 1-0.

Are you sure 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond is much better against 4-4-2 classic compare to 4-5-1V and 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast