Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: NOT Attending Games = Better Results?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    maybe you 're in a good moon, your opponents, team chemistry, the environment, the zodiacs
    but this not gonna last for long
    Buster Keaton and osos4ever like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Regev View Post
    First, I asked the same thing 2 seasons ago - click

Second, my wife retired on 1.day last season. I train(ed) them only in the morning for the bonusses. She won the league, was 2. at CL (a +1 level CL) and had bad luck at cup at 2.round (maybe the system "didn't notice", she wasn't watching anymore) - WITHOUT watching a single game. After the cup-out, she won ALL games. She... or correctly: I used the whole season the same formation.

This season the same... she won all games - except one: the 1.league match. that was only a troll draw (that team is 14.place at the moment with 1 point...)

I can't do that for my team. If I play a game, I do all the things on my own, but I notice, that my team wins higher, plays better,... against watched/managed teams. I can't remember, that I every got trolled against watched/managed teams.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

What i learned after the update with those trolls how less i did change my orders during the match how better the performance

i watch the match and only set the bonus i need and when a yellow card i change the player

and sometimes i change mixed passing in short passing when i dont have the 80 % succesfull passing

and every time i set up a counter formation for the opponent never play the same formation again

and i dont like the 3 men wide defense

Quote Originally Posted by Regev View Post
    You don't understand, Niko. I give less (not attending games at all)... and get more (better results)!
    I don't believe this. Our brains evolve to find correlations between pretty much everything, and it's usually a good thing, but sometimes it fails (and then we "invent" astrology, for example xD).
    The second thing, Top Eleven is a game with a strong influence of numerous random factors. It is not as random as real football, but still pretty random. Also, it works as the programmers want it (haha). I don't see why they want to do such a thing and give a hidden bonus if the manager doesn't come. On the contrary, if you are active (and ready to pay, they hope), the game should reward your efforts, but not otherwise.
    Jeeves, gizzmo and madflo19 like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Technically it should not be but I also experienced this feeling. In many games I had better results when I stopped attending the games but I do recommend you to log in because you have a better control over the game.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

not for my team they play better and score more when i'm watching, score less when i'm not.
    Gert Funck likes this.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    "Correlation does not imply causation"

Definitely agree with Toxcatl. We can find patterns everywhere when we get our minds to it.

I am guilty of the same haha. I have several accounts and one of them I keep clean of any real money purchases and completely free-2-play, while my oldest and original account has had quite a few tokens bought throughout the years. Around 2015 I started hearing stuff like "If you pay they sabotage you!" and what not. Even a friend of mine confronted me and asked if this is true. lol
    After reading such comments back then I actually started to try and find a damn pattern. I was actually getting the same bug, even though I know for a fact that this is not the case. (Should have worn my tinfoil hat)

Frankly if you think about it, the notion defies logic - Happy players means a healthy and long-lasting game. It's good for the game, for the community and for Nordeus.
    And on the other hand - There are so many people playing the game that you have your fair chance to get beaten at some point without the game engine being programmed to deliberately screw you over. In order for one to win another has to lose. It's a competitive game. There's just a truck-load of factors that go in to the simulation. When you're comparable with your opponent most always there's something one can do to tip the scales in one's favor.

To give an example - I'm really in to Top 11 but I'm not the biggest, most zealous Football fanatic. I get really pumped around specific IRL competitions but I have my moments of disinterest in the sport after that. On the other hand one of my colleagues here (Most of the guys and girls in the office are the same lol), is the complete opposite of me. He eats, breaths and... well, generally lives for this sport.
    So every once in a while I get some trolish-looking defeats like everybody else here and I go up to him and ask him what the hell went wrong? The bastard always finds gaps in my strategy and puts me in my place. :/
    He barely ever loses his matches mind you! But the guy is like a damn encyclopedia about football strategy, history, all that good stuff. (The only folks that are just as enthralled by the sport are the actual devs. So the simulation may look faulty at times but take your own opinion with a grain of salt.
    From what I know the engine has been coded with the idea to simulate matches and predict the outcomes of every part of the match (You have noticed that the match runs in parts right? I actually talk about it in my comment on the issue where your end result may change, here), with the idea to be realistic about the situations that occur.

My long awaited point IS
    A match isn't decided from the very beginning, so you should definitely watch your matches and, my advice, read some additional literature about Football and see what the managers of yore have devised as tactics and counters.

Now I get that it's more a matter of how you lose. It should feel fair. But sometimes it just doesn't. Or maybe it is fair and the loss actually affects us more than we think. I've had my rage moments with Top 11 so I should know.

There's a lot of psychology going on in the background.

NOT Attending Games = Better Results?
    No No No
    let me invade your space, i'll scored

Rookie
    I sometimes saw this. Whenever i watch a game, i lose. Not watch a game, pound the opposition!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    My long awaited point IS
    A match isn't decided from the very beginning, so you should definitely watch your matches and, my advice, read some additional literature about Football and see what the managers of yore have devised as tactics and counters.

Now I get that it's more a matter of how you lose. It should feel fair. But sometimes it just doesn't. Or maybe it is fair and the loss actually affects us more than we think. I've had my rage moments with Top 11 so I should know.

There's a lot of psychology going on in the background.
    A lot of true words, but you forget an essential detail: the simulation is a piece of crap.
    Sry for this hard words, but f.e.: You see at the first 15min three shots on the target from your team (opponent keeper saved all three), non of your opponent. If you leave and join again, stats are actual... and you see on that stats 0 shots on target for your team, 1 for the opponent.
    Now I ask you: how can do right decision with this crap?
    You can't imagine, if opponent plays high or low press, you can't imagine, if he plays long or short, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of the 2D-simulation... but it needs a lot of improvement.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend