Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By Cloverfield

Thread: League Lost on Goal Difference

Rookie

League Lost on Goal Difference

Today i was very frustrated. I was undefeated and finished 2nd on goal difference.

On the last game of the season, I was first place with 3 more goal difference then my second place rival who was tied to me on points.

He won his last game 7-0 to go past me and come first place

This seems fair but the thing that got me mad was the person he scord 7 goals against didn't play against me because he had a red card in his previous game, and had only 10 players so i automatically won the game by 3 goals. I couldve scored atleast 8 on him and won the league on goal difference. But this couldn't happen. This seems very unfair to me.

I would like to suggest, Top Eleven should do something to fix this issue, where if an opponent does not show up ready for a game, you shouldn't just win by 3 goals because you might need to score more than 3 goals to win or something

Dreamer
    I believe you have a valid case here.
    FIFA rules dictate that a match cannot be played only when opponent has fewer than 7 players.
    https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afd...s_en_47419.pdf

In case of 10 vs 11, the match should have been played and not a direct 3-0 forfeit.
    That being said, I am not aware if Top Eleven rules are different in this regard.
    If they are, they should be changed to prevent situations like yours

**** happens - I've lost a League in exactly the same situation.

Top Eleven won't play a match if one team has less than 11 eligible players - the full team gets a 3-0 win. That's the rules of Top Eleven, and they probably won't change them.
    Last edited by talisman; 03-05-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Bunzo and dave1311 like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

League Lost on Goal Difference

Same thing happened to me and cost me a treble. I'm still waiting for that elusive treble now!

KFC Loella
    Level 41
    20 League Titles
    6 Champions League
    2 Cups
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I'm on the other side: we won league by goal difference at season 13.

we played against our rival both games 0:0... and that goalrace sucked a lot (especially, we were both games much better, but couldn't score).

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    I'm on the other side: we won league by goal difference at season 13.

we played against our rival both games 0:0... and that goalrace sucked a lot (especially, we were both games much better, but couldn't score).
    Yes but this is fair..

@Football Club though wrote about another case where someone lost due to goal difference but game against weaker oppo resulted into 3:0 because he had not enough players, but the other team scored more against same oppo so boosted the goal difference.

Ok, **** happens and these are the rules, but I think it is unfair. I would not like to be on his spot.
    nash123 likes this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Famous
    Fortunately, never happened to me: this has definitely to be fixed... along with the asso issue !!
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Apprentice
    As with real FIFA rule also like that

Rookie
    Happened to me several times, and i've also posted a similar post on this issue some time ago. It still sucks!