Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gamer5289
  • 1 Post By Giedrius Virkutis

Thread: Pinball Goal

Pinball Goal

Just had a bizarre animation sequence in my game. Two of my players (maybe an MC & ST?) around half way were doing really quick bullet passes to each other at close range, almost as if they were pinball bumpers. They were in traffic too, but managed to 1-2 about ten times before my ST ended up dribbling down and scoring. Never seen anything like it before.

Dreamer
    Have seen it multiple times on a counter
    Thought I had coached my players some crazy skills
    Sunil Chetri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer5289 View Post
    Have seen it multiple times on a counter
    Thought I had coached my players some crazy skills
    Same here - first time I saw it the opposition did that to me, but I've had a few close- and long-range pinball goals since then.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    When u see that if its agains normal opponents or lil stringer is 100% goal. But some times agains stronger teams the defender will manage to pull down your st before he scores

Great animated goal IMO

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I have see that many times. For me it just shows how bad is the 3D engine. Every situation that you see is already pre-defined and 3D engine just tries to show it, sometimes it shows total non-sense. There are some pre-defined animations that will always end in a goal, such as: before mentioned pin-pong. Another example is when goalkeeper saves shot but the ball bounce back to same player - then you know that his second shot is 100% goal. There are other cases where you can tell 100% goal is coming.

Poor simulation...
    Sunil Chetri likes this.

One day counted almost 12 passings between the same players in middlefield lol

The animation was too quick to count the passes... there were a lot and very quick! I don't remember seeing this sequence ever in 36 seasons so was wondering if it was new... obviously not. I rarely counter so maybe that's why? I have obviously seen plenty of quick counterattacks where you know it's going to end in goal but the passes were so fast and close in this one you could barely see the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Giedrius Virkutis View Post
    I have see that many times. For me it just shows how bad is the 3D engine. Every situation that you see is already pre-defined and 3D engine just tries to show it, sometimes it shows total non-sense. There are some pre-defined animations that will always end in a goal, such as: before mentioned pin-pong. Another example is when goalkeeper saves shot but the ball bounce back to same player - then you know that his second shot is 100% goal. There are other cases where you can tell 100% goal is coming.

Poor simulation...
    A free kick on the side of the area, not too far from corner flag. Guaranteed goal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk