Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By Cloverfield
  • 1 Post By Cloverfield
  • 2 Post By Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
  • 1 Post By HairDryer
  • 3 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: Successful managers, what is your buying tactics?

Question Successful managers, what is your buying tactics?

I'm curious what is your tactics of buying players. I'd be happy if some successful managers could answer me (but not the ones who buy a lot of tokens, then the answer would be obvious). Do you buy players from transfer market, negotiations or both? Do you buy 18-20 y.o. players and you train their important skills they need or you buy older ones, who already have those skills at 6/7* level? Or you combine it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Lukáš Ledecký; 04-04-2017 at 07:34 PM.

1. 1-3 first days of season i search market in early morning hours till i complete my squad. I buy only 18-19yo nordgens, fast trainers. Depending on my resources of greens, I power train them assigning positions, sa and increasing quality till 7stars or near that. (About how to find nordgens and power train go to tutorials section and read the guides)
    As it is early morning hours, there are no bidding most times, so I spend few tokens.

2. Every two-three seasons , if there is a gap in my front line and there is a good negotiation offer (aka 19yo, 2 positions am/st) i buy the 79token player. But I do this only if step 1 has not covered my squad.

3. I buy some good low star young players, that have potential value growth, in order to make my training bonus easier and next season i sell them through negotiations, most often covering the expenses of step 1.

If you have a good association token income, plus the daily token sponsor gift, you will never need to spend money in order to be competitive
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 04-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    Altiplano, czero, dsio and 3 others like this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukáš Ledecký View Post
    I'm curious what is your tactics of buying players. I'd be happy if some successful managers could answer me (but not the ones who buy a lot of tokens, then the answer would be obvious). Do you buy players from transfer market, negotiations or both? Do you buy 18-20 y.o. players and you train their important skills they need or you buy older ones, who already have those skills at 6/7* level? Or you combine it?

Thanks.
    Actually, answer is not obvious. Believe me. Even if you buy loads of tokens in a season and play in the tournaments in your level, some troll results would destroy all your investments and efforts mercilessly. As far as I have seen some players are natural stars, whether they are 5*, 6* or 7* or they are 18 or 31 they fly on the field while some other losers show ratings of 5 or 6 in most of the matches whether they are 5*, 6* or 7* or they are 18 or 31. These things also stand for whether they are TM players, Scouts or Recommendeds.
    Last edited by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez; 04-04-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    1. 1-3 first days of season i search market in early morning hours till i complete my squad. I buy only 18-19yo nordgens, fast trainers. Depending on my resources of greens, I power train them assigning positions, sa and increasing quality till 7stars or near that. (About how to find nordgens and power train go to tutorials section and read the guides)
    As it is early morning hours, there are no bidding most times, so I spend few tokens.
    What level are you? I am level 17 and I have checked the transfer market every morning (3, 4, 5, 6, 7 a.m. GMT+1) since the first day of the season, and so far I've found 1 crap nordgen player (27yo). Do you know when exactly does a new day begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    Actually, answer is not obvious. Believe me. Even if you buy loads of tokens in a season and play in the tournaments in your level, some troll results would destroy all your investments and efforts mercilessly. As far as I have seen some players are natural stars, whether they are 5*, 6* or 7* or they are 18 or 31 they fly on the field while some other losers show ratings of 5 or 6 in most of the matches whether they are 5*, 6* or 7* or they are 18 or 31. These things also stand for whether they are TM players, Scouts or Recommendeds.
    Token buyers can sell those bad performing players and buy new ones.

Token buyers can sell those bad performing players and buy new ones.
    What if your new player you bought would show the same bad performance? Would you try it again and again in a season? And I have not said it about the players but about the results.

What level are you? I am level 17 and I have checked the transfer market every morning (3, 4, 5, 6, 7 a.m. GMT+1) since the first day of the season, and so far I've found 1 crap nordgen player (27yo). Do you know when exactly does a new day begin?
    I have two teams level 24 and level 6. Different servers but works the same.
    Greece, gmt+3, i found nordgens at around 6:30-7:30.

Most times only the first day of he new season.
    Some other times i can find few in 2nd and 3rd day as well.
    Other days I am not looking at the market
    madflo19 likes this.
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    What if your new player you bought would show the same bad performance? Would you try it again and again in a season? And I have not said it about the players but about the results.
    Of course, troll results can happen, but they happen less often if your team is full of 6* players, that's why they win trophies even with completely stupid formations.

Of course, troll results can happen, but they happen less often if your team is full of 6* players, that's why they win trophies even with completely stupid formations.
    You must be joking my friend Yes, generally that's true, but if you come across with a season like last https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...here-then.html Those trolls in this thread also happened me, I lost the CL in the final (in my level) and the League in the most important matches. My 11 was full of 7* with 3 8*. Yes, you could say you did not counter your opponents (I did) or you are a moaner, that's ok, I would respect your opinion. Anyway we are getting off the track Good luck.
    Bunzo and dsio like this.

@Lukas Ledecky getting a good special player all depend on luck.
    Bunzo likes this.

Famous
    I buy players age U-21 so they can be efficiently trained to whatever Q I want, if I decide they have good potential. I try to get most players for 1 token, from transfers, Nordgen only. I keep players multiple seasons, up until retirement if they continue to rate effectively in matches. I don't really bother looking at the skull balance when they are on the market, because I haven't found what is and is not effective. I favor buying players who look "unappealing" to others - I don't buy players at the top of the Q bracket, happier getting a player at 77 for 1T rather than fight for a 93%, this also allows a bit more training/value-increasing time with a better TEF than someone about to hit 100. I haven't, since about season 3, bought a player meant for my starting 11 directly; rather if I've bought a player for a position he might play one day (as opposed to GK number 4, for example), I will try him as a sub in a few match situations, or in a number of friendly matches using a second string lineup and an opponent matching the lower testing team quality. If he can rate 8-10s, I'll consider adding a SA in the next season, when his star Q drops and Training Efficiency Factor increases. He'll sub until needed as a full time starter, or until age 21, when I'll raise his Q to whatever point (for me, that's 120 if he's very good, or less if he's not a vital player, just based off my resources strategies). If he doesn't rate over 7 often, he's just there to grind out teamwork bonuses and gain value, waiting to be sold at the end of season age 21 (or 20 if contract is expiring)

Edit: I will buy basically anytime, at least during the first 3 weeks, because i hold players over seasons, have excess cash, and simply require them to be a fast trainer. Once a high TEF player, always a high TEF player.
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 04-07-2017 at 11:22 PM.
    112000, LarryC and GloryHinter like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread