Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By KenoticFC
  • 2 Post By Bunzo
  • 3 Post By ElPocho
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 2 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: Serious question. Do you think us non paying players are a burden to this game?

Serious question. Do you think us non paying players are a burden to this game?

It's a silly question I know but here's the deal. I downloaded this game with the intention of trying it out and then deleting it, but I was hooked and currently in my 13th season. I like the game but I just don't see the reason to invest any money. Its just a pastime for me like a newspaper in the morning. I became good and managed to create a fairly decent competitive team. I'm already paying the price of being a non paying player since I haven't won anything in the last 7 seasons or so. But I still enjoy the game, I'm not one of those people who wants to win at any cost and only then gets his enjoyment. Like real football I like to think my team as a Tottenham, Roma or Sevilla who despite not being the top contenders are still competitive.
    After the last update I feel like its harder to stay competitive. Today for 40 token I signed only 5 mediocre players, I used to built a whole team with the old system for this much. The bid wars are crazier in a new level, I saw a guy buy a 30yo 97rated player for around 35 tokens (really man?). I know this is a business and I hope the best for the company but I feel like I'm being kicked out and its sad because this was a great pastime for me.

The main reason for this new TM was that play for free managers were complaining about the loss of tokens in auctions when they never won.
    Kind of back fired on them
    fc magdeburg and madflo19 like this.

oh don't worry,i'm sure they are making millions of dollars every month just by us watching ads to get those energy packs,and i'm sure thousands of people worldwide buy enough tokens to make Nordeus rich,what is happening now is greed,they are taking us for granted thinking we will tolerate this abuse just because we re addicted to the game .
    manoc1992, Bunzo and fc magdeburg like this.

I've no problem with non-paying managers - more power to their elbow if they can produce a competitive team and are happy in what they do.
    Bunzo likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    The facts of the online gaming industry:

No, non-paying users are not a burden. In fact, any multiplayer online ecosystem needs a robust, competitive players base to provide what is needed to support the very slim margin of "Whale" players, a fractional percentage of players in most games who make up the bulk of $ transactions. Nordeus' model diversifies income sources by sponsorship (eg Nivea Men's League) and partnership (eg PSG jersey/logo licensing), plus ad revenue. In part this helps them profit from a game targeting a young , highly international demographic, which both spend little real money in games (as compared to older hardcore MMO player, Americans, Germans, limited other Euro players).

In fact, it's possible someday the market will dictate that "free" players be compensated even more than we are, with more in game incentives or even real-world earnings possibilities.
    Altiplano and pcmacdaniel like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    The main reason for this new TM was that play for free managers were complaining about the loss of tokens in auctions when they never won.
    Kind of back fired on them
    If that's what they were complaining about, that's stupid on their part. The whole point of being a non-paying manager is being smart about your tokens. Losing them was a fact of life.

It's annoying that people like this who just want to be giving everything on a silver platter are the ones being listened to by Nordeus.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Famous
    I don't think free players are a burden.

I think nordeus is just being really dumb again....
    Level 40 Manager