Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By BridgeGoth
  • 2 Post By gamer5289
  • 1 Post By sincity
  • 3 Post By Cloverfield

Thread: Buying at the auction?

Famous

Buying at the auction?

Seen loads of threads from people about trying to sell players with the new system, but not too many complimenting the buying side.
    I replace my first 11 every season, usually buying mid 5 star players for 1/2/3 tokens each, then selling them off again at the end of the season.
    Now, whenever I've looked at the new lists any player that's decent 5* seems to be going for crazy tokens, 10 and upwards, sometimes as high as 35 or 40.
    Is this the norm? Has anyone had good success picking up mid 5 star players for a couple of tokens? Am I just going to have to give up in a few days at the start of the season as I just wont have the tokens to compete?
    Also noticed the auction doesn't end at the four minutes, just watched 3 guys there continue bidding up another 15 tokens after the 'end'.
    Last edited by gogs67; 04-27-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Dreamer
    The working theory is:

All the players on the TM are Nordeus generated, and our players are never seen by other managers. Bots buy our players at random times for a random amount (far less than market value from what I've seen) when we try to sell.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    The working theory is:

All the players on the TM are Nordeus generated, and our players are never seen by other managers. Bots buy our players at random times for a random amount (far less than market value from what I've seen) when we try to sell.
    Sorry, it wasn't the selling side that I was really asking about, but the buying side.
    Wondering how many have had a good success rate in picking up 5* players for a few tokens, something that could be achieved regularly with a bit of patience in the old version.
    From what I've watched so far it just looks like a crazy free-for-all with high token prices

Dreamer
    All 5* players are going for crazy amounts, especially considering this is the last week of the season.
    Just saw one 3 position go for 52 tokens!!! (and Im sure the forum has other higher token bids recorded too)
    You would find good 4* players close to 5* (77-79%) going at much discounted prices.
    I have bought four 3 position players for 1 token each
    You might need to change strategy or shell out more tokens in this market.
    gogs67 and Bunzo like this.

I reactived an old account of mine yesterday just for fun and to try the new TM and all of my starters were 3 star old players. So I decided to replace them all and it took me about 40-45 tokens to do this. I bought 11 mid 5 star players of different age for this amount of tokens. But hey, that's the end of the season. In the beginning 100 tokens won't be enough for this I reckon. Should also mention that this overhaul took me about 4 hours to do it and many missed attempts to buy players, because basically everytime I left bidding after about 12-15 tokens spent on a player.
    Last edited by sincity; 04-27-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    gogs67 likes this.

The 10+ token buy for 5* young players is the normality now, we should adapt and use our resources wisely.

If you change your whole first squad I think it will be difficult for you.
    Or you should be totally devoted and check the TM continuously for 4-5 hours.

Last days I am monitoring TM.
    As I am writing now I have both my teams open by side, in TM, and check the traffic.
    My observations

1. Every 3-4 rounds (aka 12-16min) you will definitely get a fast (high value) young (18-19) nordgen
    2. There are many multi-position players
    3. The average token bids given for very good players are 25~50tokens (big average difference but something in between)
    4. Due to the fact that there are multipostions, single position players sometimes attract less buyers.

I have bought 3 very good 5*, almost 6* players, mostly for curiosity.
    2 of them less than 10T
    1 of them at 25T

So buying a 5* good player is feasible and without extreme tokens spent.
    BUT
    you have to spent hours watching the market or get just too lucky.

There are some positive aspects I must say.
    The multipositions fast trainers will save you some greens, even if you spent some tokens more.

BUT No1

I really DOUBT that this thing with endless nordgen multiposition players will continue forever.
    I think it is a trick to make new auction system more like-able and gradually will fade out

BUT No2
    It is the end of the season and already some bid wars go high.
    I think this will be increased radically in first days of season.

ps.

at some point if feel like it will do this:
    If I see a very good player when the time resets I will drop the first token.
    This moves the player on top giving you the final result and the final ammount of tokens spent
    Of course I will lose the player on purpose as it will be much wanted.
    But we can collect many pictures of bid wars
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 04-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    gogs67, Bunzo and fc magdeburg like this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC