Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Challenge - Young Prospects

Pro
    Agree with the facing of stronger teams but that is just part of the game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. It is a free gift after all. Even it would have been a 2 week challenge where you will face every advisary of the league, you could complain about having home matches against the strong teams and weak advisaries in the away matches for instance. For every challenge some will have luck some will have none.

It is also something that is under development and right now I have to say it looks nice. I do think that more insight in the game is way more important than challenges. A lot of football manager players as statistics freaks. They want to understand the game and use their mathematic skills to beat the system. But right now there is no insight whatsoever. It is not possible to calculate anything. It is not possible to tell what the effect of SA are. It is not possible what the effect of training is, etc..... which is pretty ridiculous for a game like this.

But alas we are not getting answers to that apparantly. So back to the subject, challenges:
    1. The no SA challenge: Goals scored by players without SA
    2. The attacking challenge: Most goals scored using hard attacking only in team mentality
    3. The defensive challenge: Least goals conceded using hard defensive only in team mentality
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Rookie
    Almost lost a game because of the goddamn youngsters challenge The starting attacking trio were all U23s which meant I had to bench my 26 y.o. AML who has been a permanent starter for the past six seasons or so, and has the best goal to game ratio in the squad. Was down 1:2 with fifteen minutes to go, still hoping for an equaliser from one of the attackers present on the pitch. Then said to hell with it and threw the kitchen sink and good old reliable Håvard Gunneröd at the opposition. Cometh the hour, cometh the man - he duly scored after five minutes on the pitch
    Altiplano and Jeeves like this.

Rookie
    Looking pretty decent after two games

[Official] Challenge - Young Prospects-capture.jpg

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBleedRed View Post
    Almost lost a game because of the goddamn youngsters challenge The starting attacking trio were all U23s which meant I had to bench my 26 y.o. AML who has been a permanent starter for the past six seasons or so, and has the best goal to game ratio in the squad. Was down 1:2 with fifteen minutes to go, still hoping for an equaliser from one of the attackers present on the pitch. Then said to hell with it and threw the kitchen sink and good old reliable Håvard Gunneröd at the opposition. Cometh the hour, cometh the man - he duly scored after five minutes on the pitch
    Just call him Old Reliable! Did one of your U23 players manage to get that initial goal in any case?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SausyFC View Post
    Just call him Old Reliable! Did one of your U23 players manage to get that initial goal in any case?
    Yes, sir. Still quite frustrating that while the attacking trio are all U23s with an average collective quality of 119%, after two games they managed to bring me meager 2 points. I am pretty sure once the competition ends they will start scoring like crazy

Right, old is gold. One of my club doesn't have any U23 players and not gain any points. But my oldest star still playing as a real star on his last season (30 yo). Can't find any player any more like him. (Although club were tanking last 4 seasons, so he had less match compare with his age.)

[Official] Challenge - Young Prospects-hall-fame.jpg

[Official] Challenge - Young Prospects-m-oconner.jpg

[Official] Challenge - Young Prospects-rashid-fc.jpg

btw, one point comes in my mind, Nord probably bring this competition to encourage tankers not to tank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Official] Challenge - Young Prospects-rashid-fc.jpg  
    Last edited by ibangali; 06-06-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Rookie
    I quite enjoyed the challenge. Managed to pick up three 18 year olds for under 10T (each) in the auctions and it's made me reconsider how to manage the club long term. If these players can grow quick enough to be pushing on 7* by the end of the season it means I won't need to buy more next season. Only finished 3rd in the challenge, but that was more a result of most of my goals coming from the only over-23 in the team. Typical.

For the record I'm Level 51 now, have won over half of my seasons and never put a penny of real money into the game...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    ibangali likes this.

Rookie
    has this finished now ?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cuffe View Post
    has this finished now ?
    Yep, new challenge (Subs) starting soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234