View Poll Results: how should i react to this sneaky anti-fan

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • should i ignore him

7 30.43%
  • should i do the same back to him

13 56.52%
  • add friends to cancel out his sneakiness?

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: opposing manager trolling

opposing manager trolling

just wanted some input on this as i have played this game on and off for over 3 years and never experienced it before. i have been at the top of my league pretty much from the start of the season by a couple of points.. i was looking back at some recent results and noticed games where i had been offline, the manager in 2nd place in the league had been watching my games and supporting my opposition in the hope that his 2% possession bonus would get me beaten and he could take over at the top.

no doubt there is nothing in the rules against doing this, but i never noticed another player doing it in years of playing and i wouldnt plan on doing it myself. i watch my friends games and my own and that is it. to me it is kind of lame to support in the way this guy is doing.

so annoyed was i that he was acting this way, i changed the time of one of my home games last night to 3.30 am as i was playing the team in 3rd place and i wanted to see if the 2nd placed guy would turn up. he is french ( maybe explains a lot! ) which would mean him getting up at 4.30 am to watch my game. well when i checked the results just now, he had indeed got up in the middle of the night to support the 3rd place team against me.

Not only do i question the ethics of his action, but I'm wondering if he has a screw loose to get up at 4.30 to watch a 5 minute game in the hope i will lose or drop points. lets face it, results can be erratic in this game and if i had only got a draw does he really think his 2% would be what made the difference? i really doubt a 2% in possession is going to have effect on a result, as if the game is going to troll your team then there isnt much you can do, but who knows what effect a rogue supporter can have. perhaps it can do more than add 2% to possession.

so to my mind he is being annoying. plus, ITS A GAME , does he have no life if he lets a game based largely on luck or RNG affect his sleeping / life, going out of his way to support teams who play me. i realize some people do take games over seriously, but its a facebook game FFS. will he be so mortally wounded to finish 2nd instead of 1st. 5 minutes after the season is over it is forgotten.

has anyone else experienced that kind of desperate player in their league before? to me its a lame way to play this kind of game, no class.
    . just play your own game french dude, and whoever wins..wins. dont do sneaky stuff, it is kind of cowardly in my opinion

I don't care if this results in verbal abuse. Nordeus should allow managers to message eachother. We already have an inbox, give us this little thing. Then you'd be able tell this to this manager's face Mourinho style.
    xander likes this.

Pro
    Just ignore him. He is not doing anything wrong though. A lot of times teams are cheering for the other team to win if they will benefit from it. I have done so also a couple of times. It is just 2% anyway. Not that much of an influence but sometimes you take whatever you can get to win.
    RedManc7 likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Honestly if you are not friends with him than don't pay much attention to him. There is nothing wrong IMO supporting against your rivals (especially when matches are in the same time) but logging in just so he could support your rivals that's just lame.
    I have a similar story with a guy the did this always to me and I returned him the favor back
    What angered me last season was one of "my friends" who I have supported his match way more than he has supported me for a lot of season. We were in the same league and despite him being out of the race he wanted to finish above me and supported the rival. I ended up winning but that left a bad taste in my mouth,.
    lespa likes this.

@jwoods sent him a friend request. he will support your team every games. i do that if i you.
    Sons of Pitches likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    just wanted some input on this as i have played this game on and off for over 3 years and never experienced it before. i have been at the top of my league pretty much from the start of the season by a couple of points.. i was looking back at some recent results and noticed games where i had been offline, the manager in 2nd place in the league had been watching my games and supporting my opposition in the hope that his 2% possession bonus would get me beaten and he could take over at the top.

no doubt there is nothing in the rules against doing this, but i never noticed another player doing it in years of playing and i wouldnt plan on doing it myself. i watch my friends games and my own and that is it. to me it is kind of lame to support in the way this guy is doing.

so annoyed was i that he was acting this way, i changed the time of one of my home games last night to 3.30 am as i was playing the team in 3rd place and i wanted to see if the 2nd placed guy would turn up. he is french ( maybe explains a lot! ) which would mean him getting up at 4.30 am to watch my game. well when i checked the results just now, he had indeed got up in the middle of the night to support the 3rd place team against me.

Not only do i question the ethics of his action, but I'm wondering if he has a screw loose to get up at 4.30 to watch a 5 minute game in the hope i will lose or drop points. lets face it, results can be erratic in this game and if i had only got a draw does he really think his 2% would be what made the difference? i really doubt a 2% in possession is going to have effect on a result, as if the game is going to troll your team then there isnt much you can do, but who knows what effect a rogue supporter can have. perhaps it can do more than add 2% to possession.

so to my mind he is being annoying. plus, ITS A GAME , does he have no life if he lets a game based largely on luck or RNG affect his sleeping / life, going out of his way to support teams who play me. i realize some people do take games over seriously, but its a facebook game FFS. will he be so mortally wounded to finish 2nd instead of 1st. 5 minutes after the season is over it is forgotten.

has anyone else experienced that kind of desperate player in their league before? to me its a lame way to play this kind of game, no class.
    . just play your own game french dude, and whoever wins..wins. dont do sneaky stuff, it is kind of cowardly in my opinion
    he could have been getting up early etc anyway. stop winding yourself up worrying about what other people do and why they do it. you dont know the guy, waste of energy speculating why a human being you dont know is doing certain things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ibangali and Sons of Pitches like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Banana View Post
    I don't care if this results in verbal abuse. Nordeus should allow managers to message eachother. We already have an inbox, give us this little thing. Then you'd be able tell this to this manager's face Mourinho style.
    cant imagine it being helpful in the long run that mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha brings back memories of my 11 th season . There is a guy who literally killed me with anti supporting just because my team was a little stronger than his. He watched all and I mean it every match of mine supporting even the tiniest team. I won't name him because he is in the forum. Yes he is!
    But it's been long and I no longer hold a grudge.
    lespa likes this.

Famous
    You're right jwoods. We French people have no other pleasure in life than annoying others. Just think how much effort this poor guy put into this as (you all know that) we do not work nor wash in this country, so we do not have any obvious reason for waking up early. We prefer to stay in bed with a girl of easy leisure (all French girls are pretty much like that) recovering from an hangover after a typical night spent drinking 10 liters of wine.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 06-08-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    @jwoods sent him a friend request. he will support your team every games. i do that if i you.
    very good approach ... then he will support the oppo also in CUP and CL )) ...
    missing T11 old form

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast