Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: Do you think the Trade Market (Auction) rating stats are good?

Famous

Do you think the Trade Market (Auction) rating stats are good?

Buying recommended Scout players had always been reported both ways, some are great players, others flop. Same transferring from one team to another - he looks good on paper, but once you have him...6-6-7-5-7...

The new market gives us "simulated history" (except on the first day of a new season? why Nord? We see players recent form in our squad page, even from seasons ago if they don't play. let's just have the full 5 always...).

So what do you think of the ratings?
    =========

Personally, I see them affecting bidding, which is good. Now ratings are valued, and I see more >21y players in competition. Not only the 96-99%Q or highest $$ players are competed over.

However, in targeting players with 8-9-9-8-10 or 8-8-9-8-7 type ratings, I don't think they are meeting those ratings in play. More 7-7-6-7-6.
    Fine. There are lots of reasons even simulations won't match our game conditions - formations, quality % of 'opponent', ideal tactic or SA for the simulation- nobody will know but nordeus.

The result is that we have a little more info than before (often just wage:value, and skills), and I think it's valuable. But, I don't think it's reliable, or that Nord obscures the truth a bit. It's always been necessary to cycle through many players to find the crème de la crème, to test them for seasons in real competition (even friendly and association matches don't tell the whole story).
    HairDryer likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

stat just plain stupid take us like a fool. Dont know what to say just have to laugh.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

To be honest I never valued ratings that much. I remember when I used to follow the players I had sold in the old system, some would perform worse and some surprisingly better in their new teams (of course that depends on the team itself). Sometimes you buy really high rated players and for some reason the game just decides that they will suck with you. Best example was last season when I bought a 20yo 99% MC. I was hoping he would be in my team for 2 or 3 seasons, but he sucked so bad it was unbelievable. I sold him before the season was over.

Dreamer
    The ratings/stats are flat out made up and random.
    They have zero affect on performance.

Famous
    Personally I doubt the are random.
    Stimulating results should be as easy as using a few variables from that player to complete some calculations.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Kto
    I think stats of "new" players must be random and a dirty way to sell ****, as almost all players on my tm have great stats, incredible good. If it would say something, then I should sell my entire team and buy all new players.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Personally I doubt the are random.
    Stimulating results should be as easy as using a few variables from that player to complete some calculations.
    These can't be simulated.

Every keeper on the TM has about an average rating of 9 with bunches of 10s.
    I've had maybe 2 or 3 10s in 40 seasons from my keepers, and I've had a couple very very good ones and they would typically only get 8s and 9s.

And where are these MCs that are scoring 30+ goals and 40 assists? Why don't mine do that? No one in the game does that, so no, the stats are random and totally unrealistic.

Plus I started looking up the lowest rated players on the TM to compare, and they too have incredible stats. I don't think too many players in the 60% range will be getting a goal a game, sorry.

Yeah new transfer system where blocks of levels are bidding on the same madeup players is bull****. Easy to tell if they are auto-generated though. Hard to wait for those gems now.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Pro
    Only my power trained players perform like the players on the Transfer market and even then they don't always get those ratings. I am talking about players of 7,5 stars. The stats are incredible on all players.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7