Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines

Just one week left in the season, Managers!

How many trophies are you in for? What is your strategy when playing in a Semi-Final/Final? Let's hear about your week ahead!

And what about your squad? Will you be re-signing the majority of your players this season? Club legend retiring?

Good luck in the massive matches this week!

Smile

League is already secured with 14 points lead
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-1.jpg
    Today CL 2nd. leg in a few hours with 5 Goals lead
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-2.jpg
    Cup Finals
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-3.jpg

Had one loss this season in Cup Semifinals, my friend played for his pride and out of his skin...My best match of this season till now! Very-competitive on both ends although i lost it, but never mind.

TROLL results are just one BIG conspiracy theory as my results prove

For knockout matches my strategy is simple:
    1st. Leg is very crucial(more crucial than 2nd), so be prepared for it in every possible way; no half-measures.
    I try to break the morale of the opposing manager in first leg by scoring BIG so, that he doesn't have any real hope left for 2nd. leg and even if he attends the 2nd. leg he may only play for pride and nothing else.
    Last edited by achiie; 07-15-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    HairDryer likes this.

achiie I'm triggered now!!!
    ilya.kazakov88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    achiie I'm triggered now!!!
    Although i criticise nordeus a lot on many other issues but, not on this one..i've a very different experience regarding trolls..please don't hate me
    ilya.kazakov88 and KenoticFC like this.

Desert Rats FC are out of League contention, but are fighting their way through +1 Level Champions League and Cup competitions. Into Semi-Finals and Final respectively. Cup Final would have be a good match-up of similar Quality, if it wasn't for that pesky 1 Level difference. In the Champions League, not only is there a 1 Level difference, but the Quality of the opposition is superior, also. Playing at home 1st Leg, the Rats' priority will be to prevent the opposition getting an away goal, as these often prove crucial at his late stage in the competition. Other than that, I won't talk my tactics on an open forum

One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s19-l12-league-r19-top.jpg
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s19-champ-semi-final-draw.jpg
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s19-cup-final-draw.jpg

Home Guard FC are top of their League, and have three main challengers, and they have already played them all this half of the season Their remaining matches are all against teams in the bottom half of the table, so will concentrate on getting the 3pts, rather than trying to win big. The Treble is still on, as they are in the Champions League Semi-Finals and Cup Final. The Cup Final, on paper, is a formality due to the difference in Quality, but never understimate the quirks and foibles of the Match Engine. As with the Rats, the away goal will be crucial in the CL Semi-Final, but this time, playing away 1st Leg, Home Guard will be trying to get them...

One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s05-l05-league-r19-top.jpg
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s05-champ-semi-final-draw.jpg
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-s05-cup-final-draw.jpg

At the end of the season I will be keeping as many players as possible - with a range of player Quality from 7* down to 4* (6* to 3* next season), as usual, the lower Quality ones will be replaced by higher Quality players. I've got it down to a 'conveyor-belt' approach so that only a few players need replacing every season. Unfortunately, that wil probably mean that Desert Rats' longest serving player will be leaving sometime in the first week of next season. On my principle, he's past his sell-by date now, but when they keep performing and keep scoring, you have to keep them...

One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-dr-patrick-tillmanns-210m-208g.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 07-15-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Still in for the league title leading the league with 10 points clear. CL and cup however I'm out already (nothing new lol).

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines

the big match of the season is my Cup final
    My strategy was to switch the time of my League game , from 11.00 to 13.30 so to "push" the time of the final at evening or better at night (as in the morning I 'm working).
    But the routine of T11 is to set the finals in the morning so set the time at 10.07

One Week Left This Season - Big Matches, Strategies, Routines-3-cup-finals-1.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by achiie View Post
    Although i criticise nordeus a lot on many other issues but, not on this one..i've a very different experience regarding trolls..please don't hate me
    Don't worry man it was meant in a funny way. I just hope I can be in the same server as you by some kind of magic.
    achiie and ilya.kazakov88 like this.

Same server is highly unlikely but, to get easier opponents i drop my quality to about 85-90% at the start of a new season mostly u-21.You can try this,if not already
    I have never played +1 tourney till now since Lvl. 3 and now i'm Lvl. 10

My cup final at 4 am and I can't change it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast