Rookie

youth academy signing

i just received 2 x youth players
    i have 7 days to sign, should i wait until new season
    will it matter

thoughts
    knowledge

thx

Some managers use them as a move to get into easy draws, the coming season.
    And some managers sign them and train them to get money and few tokens out of them.
    It totally depends what your team needs.

Rookie
    what i mean is if i sign them now they will lose a star on the new season, if i sign after the reset would they still lose a star

If you sign them now definitely you losing star on the new season, your second question I'm not sure the answer, myself never hold the player to see whats happen but this time I'm holding to see.

some managers says doesn't matter you sign or hold, new season lose the star/skills.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Rookie
    They will likily lose a star but hold onto them and see..... You lose nothing but they will be a year older already

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

IMO the current system is stupid. To avoid unnecessarily losing a star by signing a youth player at the end of the season, all youth players should only be signable at the start of the new season; thus upgrading your youth should only affect the number of youth players you get at the start of the season.

But this won't be implemented because I refuse to believe Nordeus aren't smart enough to think of and implement this by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Banana View Post
    IMO the current system is stupid. To avoid unnecessarily losing a star by signing a youth player at the end of the season, all youth players should only be signable at the start of the new season; thus upgrading your youth should only affect the number of youth players you get at the start of the season.

But this won't be implemented because I refuse to believe Nordeus aren't smart enough to think of and implement this by themselves.
    The following was posted by someone in the past. This shows when to do youth academy upgrades so that the youth players come out at more appropriate times and avoid coming out on last days and the first day of the season.

level #----------------days until youth appear--------------build on day
    L0 (Target Shot)--------------28---------------------------------27
    L3 (Junior Pitch)--------------24---------------------------------3
    L5 (Mini Camp)---------------20---------------------------------7
    L7 (Football School)----------16---------------------------------11
    L10 (Youth Academy)--------12---------------------------------15 (or 27, 11, 23, 7, 19, 3*)
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AshAdelUnitedFC View Post
    i just received 2 x youth players
    i have 7 days to sign, should i wait until new season
    will it matter

thoughts
    knowledge

thx
    What level in the game are you?

Usually, you should sign the non-token one and use him appropriately. For example, if your team needs money, sell him. You can also keep the player as an extra player for training for bonuses, and then sell him later when required.

Signing the token one can be for different purposes.
    (1) To sell for money as it provides more money as compared converting tokens directly into money (bank investment).
    (2) To keep for use as a back-up player or a first team in the current season or as a player for the future. For the case where it is a player for the future, green packs will need to be spent to boost the quality of the player unless you play with a 3-4 star team every season. Some of the token academy players can be key or very good players though; for example, I got a DC that had the characteristics I was looking for in a DC except that it was a lower quality player than one you could get from the auction market. I signed the player, keep him as a backup DC, the DC earned a good rating in a match he played, but I sold him at the end of season via negotiations after my team played the important matches that were left to be played. It was mistake as my current 2 main DCs past their peak and had to be replaced soon. The next season (which is the current season), I had trouble finding DCs with the characteristics I wanted, and even though I bought 2 DCs, my team had weaknesses in defence, and still has now as the season is ending.

All that being said, usually signing a player (especially a scout player, a recommendation player or a token academy player - those that will cost you a lot of tokens) in very late the previous season for main use in the coming season is not a good option as the player will lose a star the coming season. Signing a scout or recommendation player might be even worst given that this will increase your teams chances of being put into harder competitions with respect to quality.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Rookie
    thank you aall for your comments
    now i realise that i can have an impact on when the youth player comes out, so much better at the start of the new season,