Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Next league opponent: is this real?

Hi guys,

I scrapped the idea to tank this season. I will see how far I can go in league, cup and CL. I have opponents one league higher but I knew this would happen because I sticked to my 118% team and took my best men to the next season. I think I will try to manipulate the draw for the next (fourth) season but let's see first how it will go.

The previous mentioned manager with the scouts has lost his secound game against the opponent I will play today (in about an hour). The quality difference between them was not huge but big enough to think that the scout-man will win (111% vs 94%; scout-man did buy someone new since my game against him) . I'm not sure whether he was absent in his game but at the moment I think there are even better/ more involved teams with high motivation in my league.

My next opponent will (or at least I think he will) play with a 3N-3W-1-1-2 formation. I thought about trying again the formation proposed by Nik (DC-DC-DC-DMC-3MC-AML-AMR-ST) because almost all of my best players (except for two) can play with that. Other good options are 451V or butterfly (3N-2W-2N-2W-1), 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, ND and so on. I think I can cover most of the usual positions. What formation would you use in my position (me: ~103 vs 94%)?

If I do miss some important information please feel free to let me know. I would like to use this thread as a kind of diary regarding my experiences in this season. And I would be of course happy to get some useful hints and advice.

Best,
    Nidd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    DML & DMR can do some damage at counter attacks so I suggest to have DL&DR (so a 4-5-1V) and decide during the game what else you can switch
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    DML & DMR can do some damage at counter attacks so I suggest to have DL&DR (so a 4-5-1V) and decide during the game what else you can switch
    Thank you for your reply! The game was already over the time your answer has been postet but I actualy used the 451V formation and I won 2:0. So it was a good advice and good to know that DML&DMR can do some damage as well on the sides. Will take that information in the future into consideration.

Oh and btw: I hope you can understand me despite my rusty English skills.

Best,
    Nidd

Next up: 98% opponent vs my 103%. Regarding strength he is on the 7th place in my league. I am at the moment at the fourth place with one draw and two wins.

Next league opponent: is this real?-joni1.jpg
    Not quite sure whether I should again use the 451V formation. Seems too offensive and his AML&AMR could be dangerous. Maybe butterfly would be better (DML/DMR with down arrows vs his AML/AMR). But an additional DMC would be nice as well and on the other side an AMC could do as I imagine some harm as well to him. So hmmm... Have to think about it. Maybe a classic 4-4-1-1 could do it, but I didn't use that formation for quite some time and I don't know if my defense could withstand his five attackers. His weakness I think is his midfield so I should put there more men than him?

Lost unfortunately quite badly this fourth round 1:4. Played first defensively (mixed mixed, counter ON rest off/normal). Opponent shot the first goal than my team scored. I think the mistake was (among others) to switch to offensive (counter off, offside trap on). Afterwards it went all really bad... Oppo manager was absent but another league manager sided with him.

Or maybe my formation was not suited enough for his one.

Statistics look allright. So either I did a tactical mistake or it was only pure bad luck.

Next league opponent: is this real?-joni1_28072017.jpg
    Next league opponent: is this real?-joni2_28072017.jpg
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 07-28-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: typo

Round 5 and again a tough opponent waiting for me! I am atm at the fifth place and it does not look very promising right now.

Todays opponent had initialy/ two days ago 105% quality (as I have at the moment) but reinforced his whole team again with a bunch of scouts and now every of his players have a special ability and his quality went towards 116%! This league is bananas!

He is playing 3W-1DMC-3W-1AMC-2

Next league opponent: is this real?-manu_29072017_merged.jpg

Any ideas or advice on how to counter that? Game is in about 10 hours.

Thanks again!

Best,
    Nidd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    4-5-1V or 4-1-4-1 for a little more defense

* wow, you have a tough league
    RedManc7 and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    4-5-1V or 4-1-4-1 for a little more defense

* wow, you have a tough league
    Great thank you Nik! I will report later.

And yep, my league is a mess. No wonder one quite good opponent (~ 105%) switched to tanking after the first round.

EDIT: Haha, I only noticed by now that he even renamed his players. Which is cool (don't get me wrong, I like this feature and I think I will do this as well with some realy promising players) but on the other side a litte bit odd because he obviously had to spend a ton of tokens to buy them in the first place. The dude is taking it very seriously. And this is only his third season (or at least this teams third season). Is p2w a big thing in T11? I mean I did spend some money as well but most of the tokens I got were through farming.
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 07-29-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Hi guys,

harsh days...

Well here is my quick report: I lost the game on saturday 5:0 against the #1 league opponent (his quality was at least 116% against my 105%) and it seemed that I had no chance although the statistics do look alright or at least balanced. I played first 4-1DMC-4-1 and after conceiving two or three goals switched to 451V. But it went even worse afterwards. ^^
    Next league opponent: is this real?-manu_29072017_aftermatch.jpg
    Next league opponent: is this real?-manu_29072017_aftermatch2.jpg

Missed the game yesterday in the morning against a ~98% opponent but won 2:1. He was present and I even did not put any effort in my squad concerning formation, tactics etc. because I was too tired (and to be honest unmotivated after the previous big defeat) the evening before. But at least it went well. He is at the moment second to the last in the league so it was actually a "must-win".

First leg cup game yesterday was at first promising but I got two goals in the 82nd and 83rd minute and lost 3:2 outwards. Opponent was equally strong and watched the game as well. I hope I can beat him in the 2nd leg.

Today I am playing against the "worst" competitor in the league. Her (?) squad does only have 49%.

I think I really have to "manipulate" the draw before the upcoming season. I have invested quite a lot in new players (mainly fast trainers) but it is not even close enough to keep up with these guys in the league or later on in the cup and CL. I will take it as it is for now but yeah, it does quite suck a lot to invest a ton of time and effort to improve your team and at the beginning of the new season you do have no chance because of the draw.

Thanks for reading and best,
    Nidd

Pro
    One thing about the team you are facing, I never buy scouts but my team looks almost similar to the one in your first post. It all has to do with proper buying and scouting the transfer market a lot. My team consist of all 6 and 7 star players and propably 2 players of my team don't have a SA. Even half of my reserves have SA.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast