Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge

Pro
    Last 12 games are all big wins versus Mr. M. By now I expected at least 4 more players to have increased in level to make it harder to win from him but nothing. So far this challenge is a bit boring to be honest. I don't even watch the games anymore. I am competing with 1 player in both leagues to get the first place.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Another day ,another 10....

there is only me and one other guy in my group who has challenged mour and he has only played twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this challenge is getting boring ×3 everyday is too much.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

True...playing three matches against such a dumb AI is a pain in the back, specially when no other person is interested in winning those 15T's
    HairDryer likes this.

I'm so far ahead at the moment that I just set the team up and let them play for three matches. Usually win, but the occasional draw.

This challenge has become a bit of a bore, I'm just going through the motions...
    Peter Renn and HairDryer like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    More an inconvenience than a challenge I agree

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Famous
    Also highlights the massive number of inactive members. Only me and other active in mine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Altiplano likes this.

Well, unlike some of the contributors here in this thread, I do have some problems to take the first place in the competition. ^^
    [Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge-mourinho-challenge_1608.jpg

There are only 5 players attending at least some of the games but me and the two best on the ladder are constantly playing. I lost one game and had some draws and therefore the first place is out of reach. But its alright, I don't want to nag. I think its quite fair (despite the draw maybe) but what I don't understand is, why Mourinho's team is sometimes so unbeatable. At first I changed the formation beforehand each match and it did not work very well. Afterwards I switched to 451V (as I read here in the forum^^), but it got worse. The fluctuation in terms of results is in my case quite huge. Sometimes I win 7:0, sometimes I can smell the draw in the first minutes of the game.

However I think I've learned something: There are some formations with whom I have huge problems to win. For example "4-4-2" is one of them. I think I have by this time a feeling how to counter a formation, but there are some with which I am really clueless. So I guess it's quite nice to experiment a little bit and gain some experience - at least for me.

Best,
    Alex
    HairDryer likes this.

My leaderboard has all but three teams active so unfortunately I do have to concentrate on winning otherwise I would lose the lead (I would love to be in a position to not have to worry or to set and forget because the challenge is quite repetitive and boring). I have noticed I don't think it's formation that makes such a difference but moreso the orders. I think it's important (in this challenge) to be quite offensive... attacking mentality, plenty of up arrows, man to man, hard press if cannot score in first 30 minutes, no short passing until you have the lead, etc. Of course, I do change formation to try and counter Mourinho's formation each game as well but I find being attacking is the most important factor.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast