Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge

Home Guard record for Days 5-7 of the 'challenge'

[Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge-s06-challenge-mou-day-5-7.jpg[Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge-s06-challenge-mou-day-7-table.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post

There are some formations with whom I have huge problems to win. For example "4-4-2" is one of them.
    Try 3N-2DMW-2N-2AMW-1 'Butterfly'. My go-to formation for 4-4-2, works with defence, normal or attack orders...
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
    My leaderboard has all but three teams active so unfortunately I do have to concentrate on winning otherwise I would lose the lead (I would love to be in a position to not have to worry or to set and forget because the challenge is quite repetitive and boring). I have noticed I don't think it's formation that makes such a difference but moreso the orders. I think it's important (in this challenge) to be quite offensive... attacking mentality, plenty of up arrows, man to man, hard press if cannot score in first 30 minutes, no short passing until you have the lead, etc. Of course, I do change formation to try and counter Mourinho's formation each game as well but I find being attacking is the most important factor.
    I play most of my 'challenge' matches with defensive/counter orders and have done quite well...

I've only played 3 games this entire time. Won 2 and drew 1. Can't be arsed. The challenge is boring and 3 games daily is a lot. As there are only 2 other guys who've played and remain active in my group, I, on 7 points, am going to come 3rd anyway and win 10 tokens.
    Altiplano likes this.

No fun with this challenge, my main team and academy team:

[Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge-special-one.jpg
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Rookie
    Played all matches so far, only dropped 9 points. I'm in quite an active group so it has kept it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Try 3N-2DMW-2N-2AMW-1 'Butterfly'. My go-to formation for 4-4-2, works with defence, normal or attack orders...
    Thanks talisman! "Butterfly" is one of my favorite formations, but recently I don't get the desired results with it.

Today I had two draws and a only one close win against Mou. Played this time all three games with the butterfly formation. It's always the same: I get in the first minutes of the game 1-2 goals and have to wait until the last minutes till my men even the score. I have no explanation. Right now I'm at the third place in the competition and I guess it will end this was. It began quite well but the last games are a pain in the *youknowwhat*. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Oh and I do play with defensive orders as well.

Cheers to the tough competitors i faced
    [Official] Challenge #4 - Beat The Special One Challenge-capture.jpg

P.S. Although 1 pt. would be enough but, still i played with full dedication
    Last edited by achiie; 08-17-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achiie View Post
    Yes, i'm the guy with 100% commitment,although even 1 point would be enough
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	86240
    Nice commitment! But it would be a shame to ignore the rest packs.
    Killroy and achiie like this.

Pro
    Nordeus, really, this challenge just baffles my mind. It is boring as hell. You should make it 1 game per day and increase the difficulty each day with one better player. Keep the suspense on. All games are won so easily it is not funny. No excitement. I just play plan game and then drop. I don't even bother to watch and I don't even care about the green pack. And I love green packs normally. This just shows how uninteresting this is. Bummer guys, it could have been good. 1 new player every day with a SA and 1 star higher then the start would have made this a very interesting challenge.
    Niddhoeggr and achiie like this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7