Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Training: White and grey area's. How does it work?

Pro

Training: White and grey area's. How does it work?

Ok, lets try to shed some light on the training. Nordeus keeps us in the dark about everything, so maybe we can put our minds together and find out how stuff really work (if everything is not fixed yet).

So we got our new training patterns and we see skills that are greyed out or highlighted. There are several rumors about stuff that I would like to know whether they are right or wrong. If you do things are right, please provide some proof.

The following rumors I have heard about.

1) If you train a greyed out skill the exp in that area is wasted. It is gone. Is this true? I train my AMR and he has a greyed out heading skill. If I use the "use your head" training I do see that he gets extra points in heading. Is this wasted? Or will the AMR still use this stat to score a goal with the head? This leads to rumor number 2.

2) Greyed out skills do not contribute to a player. So low greyed out skills doesn't mean Jack. The player could still perform brillantly if the highlighted skills are good. Post 224 is a brilliant example:

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-ready-23.html

A 1 star player scoring superbly in a league with 6-7 star players. This would normally not be possible but with 300-400% on physical highlighted stats it apparantly can.

3) Highlighted skills will get more exp then greyed out skills. I don't know who said this, but I read it somewhere. So if my AMR will train with "use your head" he will train heading, creativity, passing and positioning. I used the training button 5 times and it looks like heading and positioning was a little less then creativity and passing. Needs more research. Plausible as myth busters would say.

4) What highlighted attributes help with your SA? Still something that I am completely in the dark with.
    Free kick = Shooting, finishing, strength and creativity would be the logical choices. But if that is the case then why do recommended DC's get the free kick SA when they have only strength highlighted.
    Corner kick = Shooting, passing, crossing and creativity would be logical choices but why do you see so many strikers with this skill as they only have shooting?
    Aerial defender = Marking, positioning, agression, strength and of course heading would be logical. But I see DR and DL all over the place with this skill, but they only have marking and positioning.
    So anybody has a clue about this?
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Good questions ,I don't really know ,even im level 48,seeing now that huge % in physical throws all away what I thought I knew. But some skills are probably useful even if they are shown as defensive ,I think heading is needed for goals too yes,it's important even though it is def shown .I'm curious what other forum members have to say. But I noticed one thing too,I had an amr mr who scored 450 goals cause low def but my new guy is mr amr with dmr n even though he got over 200% shoting finish n physical he scores half of what the guy without dmr role did ,I think therefore sometimes skills automatically still go into a position a guy has even though its no use.

1 Incorrect
    2 Unknown
    3 Correct
    4 Unknown?

EDIT: actually 1 and 2 are basically the same question. However, training grey skills is not wasted as such (only if grey skills are completely irrelevant)
    Last edited by The_Savage_1; 08-17-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Pro
    Question 1 and 2 are connected for sure. I read that training grey skills were wasted points. So question 1 needs to be answered first. How are they wasted? Wasted as in not counted? Well they do count. Now question number 2. If they count, how much do they count? Do they even matter? Do we have any proof of anything?
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    "White" skills increasing a little bit more than the "grey" skills , so some investment of greens will have better results in quality development of a player.
    So better choose white skills.
    Quality of a player (and a team) matters, "talent" of a player matters, skills I don't think so.
    Peter Renn likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    "White" skills increasing a little bit more than the "grey" skills , so some investment of greens will have better results in quality development of a player.
    So better choose white skills.
    Quality of a player (and a team) matters, "talent" of a player matters, skills I don't think so.
    Yes,I agree ,skills now seem just to make us think the specific training has any use ,and with that training screen compared to the old one they have to make it look like it is important,how else would they explain the 91 level ,its just that we have something to do,but in reality the Q matters,not where 1 skill is more or less
    and seeing if someone can put all only into physical and has the same success or even more ,it just proves the nonsense of specific skill or more balanced
    ibangali likes this.

Pro
    An extra question to discuss. Is it good or bad to have little white skills? If you have a triple role player like DML/ML/AML you will have only 1 grey skill. Now is that positive or negative? We are concluding that white skills are essential to a player, but to what extent? Will the white skills for a DML contribute to the performance of the AML position?

What I find so annoying is that these are all basic questions about the game and nobody has a good answer, except for Nordeus, but they refuse to share this kind of info.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Yes,it'll decrease his attacking performance if a winger is dml dmr too. Here are pics of my old winger who had no dmr role ,compared to my new guy with dmr.they both have similar attacking % and physical but new guy won't be a goal machine due to his high physical what comes with dmr.Almost every skill point from gift or man of the match goes into his defense ,and also I never train defense on winger ,he always gets still% in defense . He will lose 20% on Sunday but will at the end of next season back on over 80% in defense due to stupid skills for his dmr
    I have every season only 2 guys I give more greens,its my gk n one of 2 winger,all others stay average
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Pro
    But Sergey just looks amazing. And he is quite the goal machine. 0,75-0,8 goal per game is high. Wilson with 1 goal per game is just amazing, especially if he is in a normal league (no cheating with selling the team at the end to face lower qualities).
    Peter Renn likes this.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

I never cheat,I have always 2 guys starting 7 stars or 7.5 which is gk n one of the winger n other guys will usually go down 5 star or scout .my average Q at each season start is around 105% but yes,quite unbalanced with 2 guys bigger than the rest,but in my opinion a good gk n winger is all it needs yes,sergey is fine specially with assists through ck but the difference is a,winger without dmr dml shoots more often and from everywhere,while the dml dmr guys somehow holding back ,cause of defense skills..I prefer amr mr but sometimes I get dms too. Wilson played this season 9 games or 10 just few minutes,still score ,I'm going to miss him.But what I wanted say is in my opinion the dml dmr always holds the guys back cause they gain def skills unnecessary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast