Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Training: White and grey area's. How does it work?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    1) If you train a greyed out skill the exp in that area is wasted. It is gone. Is this true? I train my AMR and he has a greyed out heading skill. If I use the "use your head" training I do see that he gets extra points in heading. Is this wasted? Or will the AMR still use this stat to score a goal with the head? This leads to rumor number 2.
    I think the gray stats just refer to skills which are important for performing the specific duties for the position the player is assigned too play. However, the gray skills might still factor into what happens on plays which aren't from the run of play. For example, My association duel today was decided a goal from my DL, smashing home the corner kick. In a case like this this, his heading and/or positioning skills may have played a role in getting onto the end of that cross; although heading is a gray stat. What's clear is the my DL was in the box, and heading is a white stat for both centerbacks and strikers so I would assume in factored in somehow in this situation.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    I never cheat,I have always 2 guys starting 7 stars or 7.5 which is gk n one of the winger n other guys will usually go down 5 star or scout .my average Q at each season start is around 105% but yes,quite unbalanced with 2 guys bigger than the rest,but in my opinion a good gk n winger is all it needs yes,sergey is fine specially with assists through ck but the difference is a,winger without dmr dml shoots more often and from everywhere,while the dml dmr guys somehow holding back ,cause of defense skills..I prefer amr mr but sometimes I get dms too. Wilson played this season 9 games or 10 just few minutes,still score ,I'm going to miss him.But what I wanted say is in my opinion the dml dmr always holds the guys back cause they gain def skills unnecessary
    So, it appears that high fitness and speed are required by wingers. Wingers do have a tendency to score high stats for average goals in a balanced team. I just checked all my wingers (5 of them) and their average range from 0,55 to 0,78 goals per game. The one with 0,55 has however an assist factor of about 0,7 per game (he is pretty good with corner kicks). I am training my wingers this seasons in these 2 key attributes though to see if it makes some difference. I just boosted all fitness and speed with about 50%. Not sure if that is enough, but we will see.

About your assumption, Peter, that a AMR/MR will shoot more then DMR/MR/AMR, can you prove that? This would be some good info. And how much keeps defensive stats him back. We should gather more info from more players for this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

ok but isn't it a disadvantage, a player with so low skills it the team ?
    Specially if you have 3-4 attackers with 1% tackling, heading or marking ?

You aren't all out attack every time, every game, every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    So, it appears that high fitness and speed are required by wingers. Wingers do have a tendency to score high stats for average goals in a balanced team. I just checked all my wingers (5 of them) and their average range from 0,55 to 0,78 goals per game. The one with 0,55 has however an assist factor of about 0,7 per game (he is pretty good with corner kicks). I am training my wingers this seasons in these 2 key attributes though to see if it makes some difference. I just boosted all fitness and speed with about 50%. Not sure if that is enough, but we will see.

About your assumption, Peter, that a AMR/MR will shoot more then DMR/MR/AMR, can you prove that? This would be some good info. And how much keeps defensive stats him back. We should gather more info from more players for this.
    Hey it's just like my new guy sergey is still amazing with dmr but like my old guy was no dmr,just mr amr n he scored a average of 45 Goals for 10 seasons,his highest was 80 goals.my guy with dmr now scored highest so far 53 with 41 assists too,which is still wonderful but if you watch matches you can see the difference ,the guy without dmr shots n scored from all over the pitch at some point ,n even if no score he always shooting while the dmr guy is not like that,he really seems even if you don't ever train the dmr dml position n give only % in attack n physical that he still is programmed from nordeus I think to be dmr dml too ,so I think even with sane% in attack n physical compared to a no dmr dml they were hold back as they still have this dmr position even if you never give % there is a little something missing to make them perform same as a no dmr dml,cause inside they still defensive oriented too due to their dml dmr,but of course they can be great too,just not same as no dms

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    ok but isn't it a disadvantage, a player with so low skills it the team ?
    Specially if you have 3-4 attackers with 1% tackling, heading or marking ?

You aren't all out attack every time, every game, every hour.
    Well,I never play attack ,always normal mentality ,but great winger with low def make the difference ,yesterday 9 goals right winger,today he 4 so far n left winger too. But my right winger still could score even more if he was not dmr..

Key attributes

I am struggling to find an answer on here about the relevance or indeed the benefit of focusing on key attributes in training.

Can anyone tell me:
    Do grey skill percentages factor into overall ability %?
    If not then surely fewer key attributes would be easier to train and develop, no?

However, I have literally just purchased an MC with 15 white (key) attributes and during training sessions with the team, he picks up lots of percentage points, regardless of the training schedule.

I'm a little confused with the new training system and have read all the posted tutorials (thanks people) but none of them really get into the detail I'm looking for.

If anyone has any ideas/tips/info I would really appreciate it.

Jack
    Last edited by Jackguiver; 08-28-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    it's the same subject so I merged the threads.
    I don't think you 'll find any clear answer - don't bother much about it.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12