Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: World Cup of Guessing Scores IVth edition

World Cup of Guessing Scores IVth edition

I think we can prepare the Bi-weekly tournament and open a thread for all those who wanna join.

Added, How this works?
    Basically you represent a country in a competition of guess scores, that have rounds in 1vs1 format against other managers.
    1 day I will add the matches to guess the scores, and neat day matches wll be played.
    The criteria to know who wins the 1vs 1 is divided in 3 levels:
    1st, who guess more exact scores, wins the round, if exist a draw with this criteria then...
    The one who guess correctly who wins, draw or loses in more matches, wins the round... if we still having a draw here..
    the last criteria is a little more random, but needed, simply I will count the goals scored in all the matches and the manager who is more next to number of goals, counting all goals that he has given in his participation, wins.

In the case that 2 managers are in a draw in under/over style (lets imagine that 8 goals were scored, one participant said 6 and another 10, so -2 +2) then the one that did not overcome the real number (6, so -2) wins the round.

If I have a technical draw, and I can not undo the draw with these criteria's, I will then see who catched more "goal differances in the scores correctly" or, in the last case, who catched the 1st match score, win/draw/lost, exact number of goals in a match of the list, if not the 2nd match if not the..3rd...

This time but, Ive been thinking in implement some changes... as I give 1 chance for this contest (1 option for each match, yeah basically) compared with the 3 options I give in the weekend contest fo try to catch each of the 3 results.

First came to my mind do it like the other, and with a system of points... but Ive been thinking that can be ok keeping the system, using 3 criterias to know the winner ( in the place to do it by points and so many options as the other..) so, too as we had in these editions 1vs1 that were decided for the 3rd criteria almost obtaining a emphiric draw, I decided that this edition I will add a 5th match -too I will change the way to interpret the goals doing it per levels of criteria guessed but thats a minor effect lol -

So;
    This 4th World Cup will have a 5th match, and the final will be done this time sending me the results via PM.

The winner will have 30 Tokens as prize and, "I will try" to do this final with 5 matches and open for all those who joined the competition (and maybe who don't) giving the fan shop item, that some of you've been just 1 goal to unlock in the other competition and that maybe, now adding 5 matches here, and needing 3 for the item as always, will be hunted.

Japan as actual title owner have the right to be representer for The Savage as 1st team and qualifyed for the QF's directly.

If you want comment anything regarding the changes, 1vs1, counters ¿? or posible rules related, or some ideas for contests, here is the place.

Remember that the idea is do the rounds every 2 days, so 1 day I publich the ticket, next, matches are played. So every round will have 2 or, maybe 3 days duration.

Participation list (max 15):

1-Japan - The Savage
    2-Ukraine -a.gavrilin
    3-Greenland - Hairdryer
    4-Spain - Alessio
    5-Romania - Madflo
    6-England - Ivan Kysil
    7-China - Bang Jarwo
    8-

Playoffs
    9-?

Rounds:

Japan vs 8th
    Greenland? vs England

Ukraine - China
    Spain -Romania

History:
    Ist- Romania (Madflo) - Albania (Kenotic) - Greenland (HairDryer)
    IInd- Spain (Alessio Fitch) - Poland (Brolly) - Romania (Madflo)
    IIIrd- Japan (The Savage) - Ukraine (a. gavrilin) -Greenland (Hairdryer)
    Last edited by khris; 09-07-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    madflo19 and Bang Jarwo like this.

I'm in once again with Ukraine. Let's try to take it this time))

By the way - small correction, it was me who lost the final, but not Ivan)))
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a.gavrilin View Post
    I'm in once again with Ukraine. Let's try to take it this time))

By the way - small correction, it was me who lost the final, but not Ivan)))
    LOL

My confusion, solved

do I get prize for being third?
    when is the next challenge?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    khris and madflo19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    do I get prize for being third?
    when is the next challenge?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    lol

This edition have (and the last had too) as rewards the 30T for the winner and the option to participe in a last open ticket for a shop item, that this edition will have a change adding +1 match in the ticket to catch x3 scores evenly.

The 1st and 2nd ed. I gave by my side a premium jersey to the top 3 or all those who catched scores as there was no deal with the admins to give some prize but right now these 2 options mentioned, 30T winner prize + chance for a item are the options. Too I finished my tokens -well used as I won ma 2nd cup after 4 years lol- so in the case that you (a. gavrilin too as finished 2nd) want some premium jersey just PM me and once Ive tokens, I can arrive till something premium for now.

But I'm sure that some day we will have better editions with better prizes avaliable and still in my mind the idea to do the cup using the associations friendlies (despite that the stats are deleted if you leave a asso, so..... Ive some ideas in mind) but, time will say how this will go and which can be the biggest competition like this that we can have. xD

Next challange, in few days, this is the thread to participe in the IVth edition, so... maybe I start it on Thursday, having again a playoff round to join the QF's.
    Last edited by khris; 09-05-2017 at 03:58 AM.

I'll be in again please
    khris likes this.

Spain again
    khris likes this.
    Club: AF Goodfellas - Level 40 - Captain of Goodfellas Mobsters association Platinium

League Winner : 30, Runner-Up: 1

UCL Winner: 17, Finalist: 11

Cup Winner: 18, Finalist: 12

Treble: 10

AF Goodfellas Legend - John Guidetti - 604 games - 1229 goals - 480 assists (retired)

Next Legend in Action - Constantin Budescu - 385 games - 577 goals - 323 assists so far..

I'll take Romania again
    khris likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Rookie
    England again⚽️😉
    khris likes this.

still have a slot for me?

if yes, i will take china for this edition
    khris likes this.