Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: One more prove why special abilities and other characteristics are USELESS

One more prove why special abilities and other characteristics are USELESS

So... today I lost my cup semi-final to an abandoned team which was 15% lower than me. I should mention that I ALWAYS play against 442 with the same counter-system and before the latest update I never had problems winning my matches. Yesterday I played 2 more games in league and champions league against 442 with the same tactics as usual against much stronger opponents and easily won 0:5 and 3:0. But not today. The opponent scored on the 89th minute making the score 5:4 (the first away game I lost 2:3) and leaving me without the chance to struggle for treble. We can say it is random or troll result but the reason of this topic is not this one.

Let's talk about SA and general characteristics of the players.

So for this match I had 3 high DC higher that 195 cm and all 3 with aerial defense abilities. From 4 goals they scored 3 were from corners. So why do I have to keep such high defenders with SA when it doesn't help?

Let's see other games. My best AML who scored more than 700 goals in 589 matches is only 163 cm high but he always scores approximately 15-20 goals/season with a head after corners.

Most of the players playing on right flank have left foot and on left flank right foot only - really want to see how that works in the real life))

My left-hand striker scores better FK from the left side and never from the right side of the field.

So we come to the conclusion that ALL the attributes in this game are just for picture, just like the club emblem or t-shirt. So in this came we again come to the conclusion that the results are predetermined by the system from the start of the system and the manager's participation doesn't influence much the game process(((

What do you think of it?

Apprentice
    Well sometimes when i was playing defense and oppo scored against me, I changed to normal or attacking and got more chances to score and even turned the score around. If I don't watch the match or don't change the setting, I'd probably lose the match. But watching live and making changes help.

hi thanks for your post......i think i support you in SA players sometime they did not perform as expectation.....but for me if am online watching my teams playing and the opponet was really though if i make changes they do perform thanks.

Pro
    the characteristics of players and watching the game are not the only factors that decides the result of a game ...
    The result of each game is always based on a program that calculates every single detail in both teams and weigh them before and during the game ...
    if you want to know why you lost you should be objective in your study and look at other factors ...

Guys, I haven't missed a single match for more than a year and I've been playing this game for more than 3 years. My players are always perfectly prepared for each match - 10% bonus, more than 90% condition and perfect morale. As I have told you previously - I have counter-tactics for nearly all the systems that always work perfectly, especially for the 442. Some strange results really appeared after the last update as some of the counter-tactics simply didn't work. This one I checked on 3 games during the last 2 days and it worked perfectly. But the game decides everything in its own way. Ok, doesn't matter. Really don't want to talk about this huge disappointment with troll results.

My topic now is really that most of the attributes we are offered by the developers are just for picture and nothing more. I have already mentioned the players characteristics, the same I can say about SA, which really seems useless - for example the penalty kick. The player with this SA misses the penalty shot twice as more as the ordinary GK.

So my idea is if Nordeus has added these attributes - they must be at least of some use. Or should I train hard my players to give them the SA just for fun?

By the way, player's position on the pitch is also and interesting topic. The logic says that if the player has red triangle he will not be able to perform well. I have a lot of other examples - several times I was losing and had no more substitutions so I simply moved my DC to the ST position, and several times he saved my match scoring 1-2 goals and becoming the best player of the match.

Apprentice
    Well. Sometimes things don't go the way you expect. I was leading 2-0 in a CL match with normal mentality so I switched to defensive and let in 2 goals and ended in a draw. How ridiculous. Sometimes it happens in real life football too. So just do what you think is right. It's the game for fun.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    of course all those characteristics are cosmetics.
    I wrote about this in Mythbusters thread before ... start playing T11
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The whole game is just cosmetic, it is almost a .gif
    Height and weight do not count, SA are a complete mystery, counter formations are not a guarantee win (you probably would have won anyway using other formations), strategy and tactics do not count (I score more goals playing defensive and man to man makes no difference?), the live animation are just premade and do not reflect your decisions or what is really happening, match stats are just made up, quality is not necessary to beat an opponent, condition and morale are the same (lose when superb, win when you are low on both).
    It is just a mix of numbers and calculations that we will never know. Trying to find a reason to a defeat has become surreal, I've faced opponents on absolutely perfect conditions and tactics only to lose badly, while I won against stronger opponents just by lining up randomly.

I believe you have found your way for a perfect winning team, but probably you would have won in other ways, while losing using the same.
    brolly and Altiplano like this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by a.gavrilin View Post
    Guys, I haven't missed a single match for more than a year and I've been playing this game for more than 3 years. My players are always perfectly prepared for each match - 10% bonus, more than 90% condition and perfect morale. As I have told you previously - I have counter-tactics for nearly all the systems that always work perfectly, especially for the 442. Some strange results really appeared after the last update as some of the counter-tactics simply didn't work. This one I checked on 3 games during the last 2 days and it worked perfectly. But the game decides everything in its own way. Ok, doesn't matter. Really don't want to talk about this huge disappointment with troll results.

My topic now is really that most of the attributes we are offered by the developers are just for picture and nothing more. I have already mentioned the players characteristics, the same I can say about SA, which really seems useless - for example the penalty kick. The player with this SA misses the penalty shot twice as more as the ordinary GK.

So my idea is if Nordeus has added these attributes - they must be at least of some use. Or should I train hard my players to give them the SA just for fun?

By the way, player's position on the pitch is also and interesting topic. The logic says that if the player has red triangle he will not be able to perform well. I have a lot of other examples - several times I was losing and had no more substitutions so I simply moved my DC to the ST position, and several times he saved my match scoring 1-2 goals and becoming the best player of the match.
    You are answering yourself. All is cosmetic, you put your DC as ST and it works, so.... There's nothing to add really

Initially, as far as I know, SAs give an extra star to some skills and unlock specific characteristics / movements / manners to play of a player then:

we dont know where is better to train a SA ( I nver tested it and Ive never seen someone with a clear thesis here)
    -if is better train it in a non contributive player (that maybe perform bad, on the scenario and in rating terms)
    -if is better train it in a bad player that have good rating
    -is better maybe train it in these "normal and contributive players" that maybe help one match yes one nai
    -is better train it for our key players, the best well rated
    -to the usual MoMs that dont have its potential developed maybe?¿

so here still a empty place where noone has investigated but if its true that in some sense 1 star is added to some skills in exchange of the 50 cones, since theres no limit in the skills and we see atributes at 3000% really is a waste of time to train a SA, same as the new positions as really dont affect so much if you play for example 1-2 players out position.... so for now I will still thinking that the best one can do is just find for a well programmed player, with or without SA.
    "Show me what you know to to, and I will believe in you". That simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast