Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Auction Tactic or Just Pure Noob??

Famous
    Definitely 20
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Pro
    When you see a player which has ( multi positions - SA - above 90 % - nice stats such as the one shown below ) , don't expect to win it for 20 tokens only ... there are tens of managers online every minute throughout the 24 hours/day .... so it's better to bid 20 tokens immediately one after another to DISCOURAGE , SCARE and ELIMINATE as much competitors as possible and to show your clear will and intention that you are seriously in need of him...

Most of the managers are amateurs who are below Gold Div 1 so they earn 50 tokens max per month and if we add 100 T average from daily appearance if we assume that they do really log in daily and winning the seasonal competition - their total would be 150 max ... If they were responsible They would not spend more than 20 T per player ( 20 T * 7 players only = 140 T) otherwise if they spend more on a player, their team will struggle with less number of 95 % players ....

Now let's go to tokens purchasers and professional managers, such managers are usually willing to bid up to 75 tokens to win such a young talented multi position player. Against them, you need tokens of course but also the WILL to spend 80 tokens to win. Bear in mind that talented players who improve really fast which would greatly help your team to win and will stay with your team AT LEAST 3 seasons. so if you divide that amount of tokens on three seasons, you would be spending 20-25 tokens per season as average on that particular player which I don't consider expensive. The most important is not to show hesitation once the bidding reach high amount of tokens.

So remember that winning a talented players ONLY requires only two things : the strong will + the weapons ( Huge amount of tokens ).
    The psychological warfare ( either bidding quickly or waiting last second ) is in my point of view a strategy to decrease/increase the amount of tokens to win a player.Attachment 87940
    Last edited by USARABAT; 09-21-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    It's a common strategy. It has only one real advantage: it saves time. Instead of adding one token after the other and wait for 10 sec, you go "straight to the point". It can also give you a psychological advantage but IMO, it's less efficient that with the old system when you actually had to pay to raise the auction. When I face someone like that, I behave in the exact opposite fashion: I add 1 T at the very last second, just to piss him off! And sometimes, he just turns crazy!
    I usually do that to...I just take the p1ss and add loads of tokens... if I don’t need the player and he’s good, I make sure there pay loads for it

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    When you see a player which has ( multi positions - SA - above 90 % - nice stats such as the one shown below ) , don't expect to win it for 20 tokens only ... there are tens of managers online every minute throughout the 24 hours/day .... so it's better to bid 20 tokens immediately one after another to DISCOURAGE , SCARE and ELIMINATE as much competitors as possible and to show your clear will and intention that you are seriously in need of him...

Most of the managers are amateurs who are below Gold Div 1 so they earn 50 tokens max per month and if we add 100 T average from daily appearance if we assume that they do really log in daily and winning the seasonal competition - their total would be 150 max ... If they were responsible They would not spend more than 20 T per player ( 20 T * 7 players only = 140 T) otherwise if they spend more on a player, their team will struggle with less number of 95 % players ....

Now let's go to tokens purchasers and professional managers, such managers are usually willing to bid up to 75 tokens to win such a young talented multi position player. Against them, you need tokens of course but also the WILL to spend 80 tokens to win. Bear in mind that talented players who improve really fast which would greatly help your team to win and will stay with your team AT LEAST 3 seasons. so if you divide that amount of tokens on three seasons, you would be spending 20-25 tokens per season as average on that particular player which I don't consider expensive. The most important is not to show hesitation once the bidding reach high amount of tokens.

So remember that winning a talented players ONLY requires only two things : the strong will + the weapons ( Huge amount of tokens ).
    The psychological warfare ( either bidding quickly or waiting last second ) is in my point of view a strategy to decrease/increase the amount of tokens to win a player.Attachment 87940
    If you pay 80 T for a 5 stars player, I'll call you an amateur for sure... This is the typical behaviour of a level 2 manager. Consider Nordeus exchange rate: it's 1 T for 1 green (roughly). That will make a very expensive 7 stars !
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12