Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Auction Tactic or Just Pure Noob??

Rookie

Auction Tactic or Just Pure Noob??

I've seen on many scenarios, players submit staggering amount of tokens at one go. For example

Player A: Submits 1 Token
    Player B: Submits 2 Tokens
    Player C: clicks 17x and is now offering 20 Tokens!

Now, is Player C just being silly at doing that??? I don't see any benefits of raising the amount of tokens that way. Unless, he/she just wants other players to spend more tokens.

It's a tactic to scare off other bidders. If someone does that they may have a lot of tokens in the bank or they think they will end up at spending that amount of tokens for the player anyway so it sets the bar.

KFC Loella
    Level 47
    Altiplano, KenoticFC and Bunzo like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Today I went to the offer for my new ST when was raised till 22T... I won it at 25T. All depend of what one want/need for the squad and how much wants to pay for it.

Pro

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by naimcyk View Post
    I've seen on many scenarios, players submit staggering amount of tokens at one go. For example

Player A: Submits 1 Token
    Player B: Submits 2 Tokens
    Player C: clicks 17x and is now offering 20 Tokens!

Now, is Player C just being silly at doing that??? I don't see any benefits of raising the amount of tokens that way. Unless, he/she just wants other players to spend more tokens.
    It's a common strategy. It has only one real advantage: it saves time. Instead of adding one token after the other and wait for 10 sec, you go "straight to the point". It can also give you a psychological advantage but IMO, it's less efficient that with the old system when you actually had to pay to raise the auction. When I face someone like that, I behave in the exact opposite fashion: I add 1 T at the very last second, just to piss him off! And sometimes, he just turns crazy!
    Last edited by gizzmo; 09-19-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    Bunzo, Altiplano and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    It's a common strategy. It has only one real advantage: it saves time. Instead of adding one token after the other and wait for 10 sec, you go "straight to the point". It can alo give you a psychological advantage but IMO, it's less efficent that with the old system when you actually had to pay to raise the auction. When I face someone like that, I behave in the exact opposite fashion: I add 1 T at the very last second, just to piss him off! And sometimes, he just turns crazy!

Man I hate you for doing that bro. This kind of stuff always pisses me off. lol
    gizzmo, khris and KenoticFC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Man I hate you for doing that bro. This kind of stuff always pisses me off. lol
    I too have this strategy, psychology it's all xD 12T well added in the last second are 2 minutes of tension... 60 are 10 minutes and 360 one hour lol

When I see such kind of hits and I want the player, I wait till last second and start bidding, just to be the stubborn that I wont let the other scare me off :P
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Fast bidding dominance is my favorite trick. If I want someone I just bid fast after every bid discouraging players one by one, this worked the best in the old one but also good in the new.
    khris likes this.

So if you win, does it cost you the tokens you bid? Say you bid 20T and next highest was 12T, do you pay 13T or 20T?

KFC Loella
    Level 47
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast