View Poll Results: Is something going wrong with the strikers lately ?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, something going wrong with the strikers lately.

82 84.54%
  • No, it’s the same as ever was.

15 15.46%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Is something going wrong with the strikers lately ?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

Is something going wrong with the strikers lately ?

Yes, I have a serious problem with my Strikers !

This is the season no 72 but it seems that the problem started 2-3 seasons ago. Maybe when the live rates of the players or the live animation of the game started ?

So
    -You can’t find a descent ST ?
    -Are your AML-C-R scoring but not your ST ?
    -Are your ST getting rates of 7 but scoring every 3 games ?
    -Is your ST scoring a couple of goals in some easy games vs weak/abandoned teams but in some serious games, nothing ?
    -You gave him sp, made him 7*-8* player but still nothing ?
    -Are you thinking that in every game you use him, his stats getting worst ?
    -Did you forget what was the last time that your ST got a hat-trick ?
    -His special abilities or functions like free-kick or “one-to-one” isn’t working or missing penalties ?
    -If you use two or three ST, it’s getting worst ?!
    -Are you thinking not to use at all ST ? Only AMs ?
    -The top scorers of your team and your league are mostly AM & MC ?
    -Did you buy some STs but they also didn’t do anything ?
    -When you’re searching the transfer market, you just can’t find a ST with good stats ?
    -Did you buy a scout list ST but the result was the same ?

In older seasons, also wasn’t so easy to find a good ST, but the last seasons it’s really a nightmare.
    Reminds when we were searching for MCs who played a little above the usual rates of 6. Now MCs have good rates.

Is it my observation, is it a coincidence or maybe is something wrong with the updates ?
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 10-31-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Coincidence.
    My main striker has 39 goals from 23 games so far this season.
    The 33 year old no SA one season back up I signed at the start of the season has 12 goals and 5 assists from his 17 games which is about what I'd expect.

I 'm sure that there must be some good STs but tell me,
    do you check opponent players (when preparing the team or checking the league or CH.L./Cup KO rounds) ?
    Do you see oppo ST stats ?
    Are there also good players like yours ?

My striker is not as good as he was last season but the AMR is playing better..
    this could be the reason im not sure.
    Is something  going wrong with the strikers  lately ?-st-amr.png

Edit: Maybe it's because Messi usually scores more than Suarez in real football ? haha idk.
    Last edited by BeckStar; 10-31-2015 at 07:01 PM.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Famous
    I have similar observation.

In the past, ST, AMR and AML in my teams shared scoring duties. Season average ratings of these players are usually 7.5 or above. Since about last 2 or 3 seasons, only AMR and AML can keep good form. In my 2 teams, no striker had average rating above 7.3 except one ST/AMR player of my level 20 team. At the same time, the average ratings of MC or GK increase in this period. I believe that there was a program change when the new matching "10" was introduced.

I am lucky that I heavily relied on AMR and AML to score and still feel fine without good strikers.

Edit:
    My teams have slight strategic changes in last few seasons and are more defensive mind than before. Probably these affect performances of strikers. But this cannot explain why strikers still cannot score many goals in high scoring matches.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 10-31-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    lespa likes this.

I 'm playing the old version (2014) but I 've read some comments from people who 's playing the "live animation" update.
    They said that many times can see the ST making crazy things when he is in one-to-one position (like passing in the corners area )

My scout has been pretty average. My latest signing right winger has knocked up more goals and assists in half as many games. From lives I see my striker being easily marked, only time he's unmarked he's offside. Tries to dribble through defenders ends up taking the ball down the wing and tries to pass to AMC that I don't have despite there being a player in the penalty area. I almost messed up my season chopping and changing formation to try and get him more clear chances it hasn't worked. I've learnt they score more with mixed passing I would love to test a blue arrow on him almost making him a false 9 but don't have the balls lol
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

My main team on level 24 has 3x 5* ST and one of them has attacking skill on 7* level. However, none of them scores enough.
    Meanwhile my 2nd team Dnipro on level 18 has AML and AMR which are in great form, have excellent scoring and assisting stats, so that's why one of ST's in this club follows them with good appearences.
    And my other team, Celtic on level 13, has 4, 5 and 6 stars ST's, and my 4* ST has better statistics than scout, but the best one is 5* ST who scored over 10 goals this season.
    All in all, I have had more effective ST's (in both quantity and quallity).
    mani8005, nikolgiorgos and FVS0777 like this.
    Ex top eleven player

Rookie
    The best thing is in One on One situations, my ST does a dreaded back pass.... Have changed 8 ST in last 2 seasons.... Haven't had a good one.... Even the academy ones aren't worth anything....

The goals are being scored by MR or ML.... Or Defenders....

Have played 1 ST, 2 ST & even 3 ST formations.... But of no use...

Some programming change has made ST ineffective

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    nikolgiorgos and Killroy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mani8005 View Post
    The best thing is in One on One situations, my ST does a dreaded back pass.... Have changed 8 ST in last 2 seasons.... Haven't had a good one.... Even the academy ones aren't worth anything....

The goals are being scored by MR or ML.... Or Defenders....

Have played 1 ST, 2 ST & even 3 ST formations.... But of no use...

Some programming change has made ST ineffective

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    I've noticed my full backs seem to find the back of the net. CMs have no problems scorIng and my AMC scored a hat trick but my "world class" striker scores 1 in 3 games.
    mani8005 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast