Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Guess and Conquer

Guess and Conquer

I open the thread just to remind myself to open this today**

Well I'm thinking about how to do it exactly, I know I said something about a Risk style game, but I would like to do something "quick" as is the cup, with a fair source for the results -call it with real football results, too there's the option to use virtual dices- and a little bit more free in terms of strategy.... and different.

So my idea is have a game that should have a finale with a 1vs1 and a absolute winner, and of course... for now we can not do it per turns because would be almost eternal. (despite is posible using virtual dices, sending the throw results to one of my emails, I mean)

That's why I've been thinking and I will add a europe map -I'm so good at geography so I know almost ll names and so of the world countries- and as I know that many of you are from out europe I will add the names ofc.

So then the idea is to have a game in what the participants will take countries, and once we have the mp completed, the idea is have a ranking of "determination" to declare attacks vs others and conquer others inside a system of rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I will write here the thoughts and ideas:

The way to conquer should be progressive and proportional to the amount of countries conquered, so I will add specific rules for that.
    I will, with the rules of determination, that will man that the best half table will face the last classified countries, add a rule of ADV (advantage in the case that the attacked country don't win the 1vs1) so the defender despite don't be a top "determination" country will have the right to reply and conquer a region/s of the attacker with some advantage.

I will add rules or land attack and air strike, based on the amount of zones (countries) conquered, so initially 1 country will mean you can jump 1 frontier from this to declare an attack, 2 countries together (ex. Portugal+Spain) will mean that you can jump 2 frontiers via air strike without penalization.

editing**

Guess and Conquer-guess-conquer-map-2-names.jpg

Let's try to explain how will this work:

1- Everyone will choose a country.
    2- First of all you should conquer the country that will have no owner.
    3- For that you should catch 1 score -in a 3 matches 3 options style guessing- and for the first round the draws will be style "Empty country vs forumer"
    4- The 2nd round will be a 2nd chance for those who failed and to attack empty countries of the map, with the target to be the owner. (I can adapt the rules to do it quick and take the countries faster)
    5- Once we have the map with the 45 countries completed, we will start with the 1vs1.
    6- The half best participants -with more determination, I will do a ranking with the results of the guessings + extra points for winning a 1vs1- will face the worst half and starting for the 1st placed, the participants will declare the attacks.

Rules for the attacks:
    1- Who declares the attack, have +1 ADV. advantage in the 2nd criteria to determine the 1vs1 result.
    Criterias will be:
    1- Catch more scores between the 3 options.
    2- if not:
    -see the goal differences of all matches and all options (adv means +1 here)
    3- the 1st line will determine with the total goals scored in the real matches and the bets who wins.

-Each country is a Region.
    -You can conquer the min of 1 region and a max. of the 50% of a grouped regions from where you send the attack (this means countries you have and that share the frontier).
    -You can attack without penalization of ADV. countries that are at the same distance "in frontiers as countries you have grouped in the zone from what you launch the attack". 1 country, 1 frontier (the neighbour). 2 countries together, you can jump 2 frontiers..etc.
    -If you attack a country without frontier with any of your regions this will be called air strike.
    -Every country with sea will have it's own maritime zone that will have the same rules as the land to declare attacks.

-In each 1vs1 the attacker can win the region, or loose the attack.
    -If the attack is lost, the defender will have the right in the next round to attack without take into account the ranking of determination and having the ADV advantage in its favour for sure in the 1st attack despite don't have frontier with who attacked him. So first of all these who defended well should declare if they want to counter, or allow in the case that they have + or - determination attack another region or be attacked.

(don't have headache because I will be explaining all during the rounds) lol

If when the participants are eliminated we can not do 1vs1 because we have a odd number of participants, the "last country, that will be not paired up, and that will be one of those with low determination" will automatically join the fight VS the last ranked participant, having a 2vs1.
    The "1" should defend both attacks having the right if wins to reply and do a takeover of regions of these who attacked him.
    If both attackers win the vs 1.

Of course some 1vs1 will be forced, as the countries with right to reply after win a defense, and the best ranked will choose first.

The winner will be the participant that conquers the entire map.

editing***

additions:
    -Maybe the war can be made in a way to have continuity.
    -Maybe I can link this to the weekend contest to give some extra tokens each season.
    -Maybe will be always a "open map" without a empiric winner, so those who lose their country will be allowed to open a "Resistance War" to recovery a region.
    Then with this basically the idea is give points per regions conquered (like 500) + the weekly contest points will determine a winner every season.
    -Maybe if someone do a take over of the entire map can receive better reward...¿?
    -Some extra options as atomic bombs which can asure a min. result will be added.
    Last edited by khris; 09-22-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Can I be Germany and so rule over Greece, Austria and France?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    Can I be Germany and so rule over Greece, Austria and France?
    This is the idea. xD

Then I will think how to manage it, I'm thinking that for one side I will use the weekend contest matches and link it with this to have less work...

Another option for the future would be a game of the style that mentioned Madflo about win countries of the map answering questions in that case....
    but I like for now my plan to do something that allow more movement and too there's margin to implement a lot of strategy.... such as unlock a nuclear bomb if someone catches x2 scores in the first line....

For now let's run the weekend contest -don't forget guys to add the extra options^^ that now are editable- and I will think how to manage this.

Well, now the thing is know how many people would like to play this, and if you prefer to have a map with rules with continuity of interaction (so the possibility to re-join), or one in a eliminatory style faster with a unique winner.

(I know I am writing lots of things and sure it's complicated understand initially what I have in mind regarding the rules, but I will try to do it easy lol)

I adore the complexity xD

Well, I would like to participate and I don't mind a longer lasting game. But honestly I maybe only understood 60-70% of the rules so far (mostly because I was reading them quite fast just to get a quick overview).

Thanks for the effort, Khris!
    khris and KenoticFC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post
    Well, I would like to participate and I don't mind a longer lasting game. But honestly I maybe only understood 60-70% of the rules so far (mostly because I was reading them quite fast just to get a quick overview).

Thanks for the effort, Khris!
    Yea the last lines and many things Ive write are posible rules to use... all will depend of how I manage it... but don't worry because I will be explaining the steps, and once rules are known then will be easy xD

What country would you reserve for the occasion?

Count me in too,I'll choose Romania

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

I will play but honestly khris my destiny is in your hands until I actually read the rules . This will be the best Age of Empires II game ever. Please don't invade me.
    I choose Albania.
    khris likes this.

Ok, lets try to prepare it. Anyone can join and represent a country. Then, in some days (maybe next weekend if I relate it with the weekend contest), we will do a round to take the empty countries. All map with it's 45 regions should be taken before start the 1vs1, at least is the idea.

I think that I will definitely link it to the weekend contest, and that I will do it with continuity, giving the chance, if you are totally deleted of the map, to try to start a revolution to do a take over of your main country. Too, doing a ranking with the sum of the points catched in your 3 options + points per country owned... the last season weekend the top 1 can have a prize.

Let's see how this goes. lol

To join please check the 1st post where there are the names of all the empty countries.

-Need confirmation of Niddhoeggr, if wants to join with Austria or another country. ;D
    Guess and Conquer-step-1.jpg

Hi Khris,

Didn't catch yet the main idea but I still want to participate and just as usual with... Ukraine)))
    khris likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast