Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

Title says it all really. I was just curious to find out what everyone’s opinion is on players who tank on the same level.

My opinion:

I actually have no issue with it as I see everyone tanks for different reasons. Reasons I’ve come across are similar like these:

- Building a squad to last them a few seasons so they can be sure that #1 place could be theirs.

- Just playing only for associations (& cup, if they can be bothered to)

I find it unfair that they can sit in the same league finishing 14th every season though. I would like a Relegation system put in so they would at least have to pay attention to the league some way or another and wouldn’t be allowed to finish in the bottom two (or similar) every season.
    KenoticFC and FC Dacia Terra like this.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    Title says it all really. I was just curious to find out what everyone’s opinion is on players who tank on the same level.

My opinion:

I actually have no issue with it as I see everyone tanks for different reasons. Reasons I’ve come across are similar like these:

- Building a squad to last them a few seasons so they can be sure that #1 place could be theirs.

- Just playing only for associations (& cup, if they can be bothered to)

I find it unfair that they can sit in the same league finishing 14th every season though. I would like a Relegation system put in so they would at least have to pay attention to the league some way or another and wouldn’t be allowed to finish in the bottom two (or similar) every season.
    I hate it as they invariably field inconsistent teams. Tank v a league rival. Full strength v myself for example.

That plus eventually you will face a supertanker in any competition. I have a 165% league rival!! Could easily have them in cup cl or association of course

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    FC Dacia Terra and Niddhoeggr like this.

There are some genuine reasons to tank.
    1. You need a break to collect some packs and Tokens to rebuild your team
    2. You are tired facing the same teams over and over again. (This is the main reason for me honestly)
    As someone who can't wait almost a month without playing and the fact that you will not play in CL is a major factor to not tank often.

It has become extremely annoying because it is being abused in the association and I also despise that. Maybe there should be a limit to the stars a player can have.
    Relegation is something I consider often but in this type of game it is not really a punishment as it doesn't matter what level you are on. Are the players going to get a star again because you might see people dropping their team until all the players are legends

Try tanking at higher levels!! I tried a couple of seasons ago, finished 12th. Levelled up regardless. Even 14th levelled up with me.

KFC Loella
    Level 47
    FC Dacia Terra and gizzmo like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    2. You are tired facing the same teams over and over again. (This is the main reason for me honestly)
    As someone who can't wait almost a month without playing and the fact that you will not play in CL is a major factor to not tank often.

It has become extremely annoying because it is being abused in the association and I also despise that. Maybe there should be a limit to the stars a player can have.
    Relegation is something I consider often but in this type of game it is not really a punishment as it doesn't matter what level you are on. Are the players going to get a star again because you might see people dropping their team until all the players are legends
    i agree with this, relegation is not a punishment to me, the player will gain more stars if relegated, thats actually the objective of tanking, THE STARS

if there is relegation, i always want to tank.. hahahahaha

Pro
    According to the current system there is not illegal with tanking ... so it's a matter of choice.

If I was the decision maker at Nordeus, I would discourage tanking by not offering any token to managers who tank ( position 8-14) ... they have to rely only on training to improve their players. Then after the manager goes to the upper level again, tokens can come back again on daily basis ..

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post

For me the question is also whether tanking is realistic in football. Of course not. As a football manager simulation the idea of tanking is a joke and makes the game unrealistic. I can see why people do it for the reasons you say but it should be eliminated from the game. A holiday mode would help as we all need a break but nordeus would worry we would never come back :-)

FC Dacia Terra and Bliketa like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Great.
    One reason I didn't stop playing T11.

few more things here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ories-too.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    According to the current system there is not illegal with tanking ... so it's a matter of choice.

If I was the decision maker at Nordeus, I would discourage tanking by not offering any token to managers who tank ( position 8-14) ... they have to rely only on training to improve their players. Then after the manager goes to the upper level again, tokens can come back again on daily basis ..
    Would be bad UX for people who genuinely perform badly and finished outside the top 8 and need the tokens to rebuild the their squad.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 09-22-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    For me the question is also whether tanking is realistic in football. Of course not. As a football manager simulation the idea of tanking is a joke and makes the game unrealistic. I can see why people do it for the reasons you say but it should be eliminated from the game. A holiday mode would help as we all need a break but nordeus would worry we would never come back :-)

Holiday makes sense. Would have taken it if it existed.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 09-22-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast