Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

  1. #1
    Rookie CJ91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92

    What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

    Title says it all really. I was just curious to find out what everyone’s opinion is on players who tank on the same level.


    My opinion:

    I actually have no issue with it as I see everyone tanks for different reasons. Reasons I’ve come across are similar like these:

    - Building a squad to last them a few seasons so they can be sure that #1 place could be theirs.

    - Just playing only for associations (& cup, if they can be bothered to)

    I find it unfair that they can sit in the same league finishing 14th every season though. I would like a Relegation system put in so they would at least have to pay attention to the league some way or another and wouldn’t be allowed to finish in the bottom two (or similar) every season.
    KenoticFC and FC Dacia Terra like this.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

    Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!



  2. #2
    Famous
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    Title says it all really. I was just curious to find out what everyone’s opinion is on players who tank on the same level.


    My opinion:

    I actually have no issue with it as I see everyone tanks for different reasons. Reasons I’ve come across are similar like these:

    - Building a squad to last them a few seasons so they can be sure that #1 place could be theirs.

    - Just playing only for associations (& cup, if they can be bothered to)

    I find it unfair that they can sit in the same league finishing 14th every season though. I would like a Relegation system put in so they would at least have to pay attention to the league some way or another and wouldn’t be allowed to finish in the bottom two (or similar) every season.
    I hate it as they invariably field inconsistent teams. Tank v a league rival. Full strength v myself for example.

    That plus eventually you will face a supertanker in any competition. I have a 165% league rival!! Could easily have them in cup cl or association of course

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    FC Dacia Terra and Niddhoeggr like this.

  3. #3
    Famous KenoticFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,289
    There are some genuine reasons to tank.
    1. You need a break to collect some packs and Tokens to rebuild your team
    2. You are tired facing the same teams over and over again. (This is the main reason for me honestly)
    As someone who can't wait almost a month without playing and the fact that you will not play in CL is a major factor to not tank often.

    It has become extremely annoying because it is being abused in the association and I also despise that. Maybe there should be a limit to the stars a player can have.
    Relegation is something I consider often but in this type of game it is not really a punishment as it doesn't matter what level you are on. Are the players going to get a star again because you might see people dropping their team until all the players are legends

  4. #4
    Moderator dave1311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northallerton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,392
    Try tanking at higher levels!! I tried a couple of seasons ago, finished 12th. Levelled up regardless. Even 14th levelled up with me.


    KFC Loella
    Level 47
    FC Dacia Terra and gizzmo like this.
    KFC Loella
    Level 70
    33 League Titles
    7 Champions League
    9 Cup

  5. #5
    Addicted adifairus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    There are some genuine reasons to tank.
    1. You need a break to collect some packs and Tokens to rebuild your team
    2. You are tired facing the same teams over and over again. (This is the main reason for me honestly)
    As someone who can't wait almost a month without playing and the fact that you will not play in CL is a major factor to not tank often.

    It has become extremely annoying because it is being abused in the association and I also despise that. Maybe there should be a limit to the stars a player can have.
    Relegation is something I consider often but in this type of game it is not really a punishment as it doesn't matter what level you are on. Are the players going to get a star again because you might see people dropping their team until all the players are legends
    i agree with this, relegation is not a punishment to me, the player will gain more stars if relegated, thats actually the objective of tanking, THE STARS

    if there is relegation, i always want to tank.. hahahahaha

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    879
    According to the current system there is not illegal with tanking ... so it's a matter of choice.

    If I was the decision maker at Nordeus, I would discourage tanking by not offering any token to managers who tank ( position 8-14) ... they have to rely only on training to improve their players. Then after the manager goes to the upper level again, tokens can come back again on daily basis ..

  7. #7
    Famous
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    There are some genuine reasons to tank.
    1. You need a break to collect some packs and Tokens to rebuild your team
    2. You are tired facing the same teams over and over again. (This is the main reason for me honestly)
    As someone who can't wait almost a month without playing and the fact that you will not play in CL is a major factor to not tank often.

    It has become extremely annoying because it is being abused in the association and I also despise that. Maybe there should be a limit to the stars a player can have.
    Relegation is something I consider often but in this type of game it is not really a punishment as it doesn't matter what level you are on. Are the players going to get a star again because you might see people dropping their team until all the players are legends
    For me the question is also whether tanking is realistic in football. Of course not. As a football manager simulation the idea of tanking is a joke and makes the game unrealistic. I can see why people do it for the reasons you say but it should be eliminated from the game. A holiday mode would help as we all need a break but nordeus would worry we would never come back :-)

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    FC Dacia Terra and Bliketa like this.

  8. #8
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16,360
    Great.
    One reason I didn't stop playing T11.

    few more things here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ories-too.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  9. #9
    Dreamer Temidayo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    According to the current system there is not illegal with tanking ... so it's a matter of choice.

    If I was the decision maker at Nordeus, I would discourage tanking by not offering any token to managers who tank ( position 8-14) ... they have to rely only on training to improve their players. Then after the manager goes to the upper level again, tokens can come back again on daily basis ..
    Would be bad UX for people who genuinely perform badly and finished outside the top 8 and need the tokens to rebuild the their squad.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 09-22-2017 at 07:31 PM.

  10. #10
    Dreamer Temidayo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    For me the question is also whether tanking is realistic in football. Of course not. As a football manager simulation the idea of tanking is a joke and makes the game unrealistic. I can see why people do it for the reasons you say but it should be eliminated from the game. A holiday mode would help as we all need a break but nordeus would worry we would never come back :-)

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Holiday makes sense. Would have taken it if it existed.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 09-22-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast