Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

As they say, "opinions are like arseholes; everybody has one."

So tanking isn't breaking any rules, doesn't help you avoid good managers, makes it easier for players in a league where one/more players are tanking, and saves players' money. Sounds really unfair and immoral to me, lol.

Will I do it again? I might, there's nothing stopping me or anyone else doing it. Getting so upset about something you have no control over seems like a waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    As they say, "opinions are like arseholes; everybody has one."

So tanking isn't breaking any rules, doesn't help you avoid good managers, makes it easier for players in a league where one/more players are tanking, and saves players' money. Sounds really unfair and immoral to me, lol.

Will I do it again? I might, there's nothing stopping me or anyone else doing it. Getting so upset about something you have no control over seems like a waste of energy.
    You are right - it is waste of energy.
    Gobobo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by po_zdrach View Post
    You are right - it is waste of energy.
    Maybe giving players who get promoted more would solve it? There's only drawbacks to getting promoted and losing so much quality. WIn money? Most players have billions already, we need tokens,

Awards in league like this:

1 - 80 tokens
    2 - 70
    3 - 60
    4 - 50
    5 - 40
    6 - 30
    7 - 20
    8 - 10

will solve the problem for everyone
    gamer5289, Gobobo and Iridensys like this.

I agree. I’ve always supported the idea of rewarding league positions with tokens. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but it is always nice to be rewarded because of the effort you have put into the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gobobo likes this.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

Quote Originally Posted by po_zdrach View Post
    Awards in league like this:

1 - 80 tokens
    2 - 70
    3 - 60
    4 - 50
    5 - 40
    6 - 30
    7 - 20
    8 - 10

will solve the problem for everyone
    I doubt TE would go as much as that for rewarding players. I would think they’d probably go more like.

1st 25T
    2nd 20T
    3rd 15T
    4th 12T
    5th 10T
    6th 8T
    7th 6T
    8th 4T

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

Τhis rewards are unrealistic. I do not use tanking cause is not necessary for me but
    i don't think that tanking is unfair. Afterall you stay at the same level so it's fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    I doubt TE would go as much as that for rewarding players. I would think they’d probably go more like.

1st 25T
    2nd 20T
    3rd 15T
    4th 12T
    5th 10T
    6th 8T
    7th 6T
    8th 4T

It's for an entire season, so I think o_zdrach's awards are not unreasonable.

And it isn't like Nordeus pays anything to issue tokens, it's free for them to do this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    There are 2 tanking options.
    Normal tanking.
    Exploit tanking.

1 Normal tanking.
    There are times that you cannot keep up the pace, not too much free time, not too much resources, you want a strong team but you cannot build one. Then you may decide that you can tank for 1 , max 2 seasons, till you have a quality team which after tanking will keep it for more than 3 seasons.
    It is a good tactic and needs a good planning. You have to select the season you will tank carefully. Replace most of your team with 18yo old players, boost them up and sit back and relax.
    This tactic will givve you a team 130-140%.
    Yes strong team but not unbeatable (never won a treble with a tanking team).
    This is because you will always be drawn with +1 level oppos, and most of your oppos will be 110%+ teams , so good teams and some good managers.
    So you have the quality advantage but this does make you invincible.

I used to do it with both my teams, mostly because my draw were terrible.
    Lase season with angry sheep I was drawn in League with 165% quality team (mine was 120%).
    Why the f should I play? Of course he ended up the season with no loss..

End of season I decided not to tank anymore.
    Why? Because I got really bored in season I was tanking.
    I do not blame managers who keep tanking in reasonable levels.

2 Exploit tanking.
    There are managers though that exploit tanking. Some are just asso teams that NEVER progress in level and end up real super tankers.
    There are some other that just tank for 5-6-7 seasons and come back to win them all in 2 seasons in a row, and then tank again.
    Ok this is ****ed up.

I do not like it and I really think Nordeus should have already done something with that (Nik has already proposed something https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...s-project.html)

This ruins the fun.

After all shouldn't be some kind of penalty that you failed to move to next level?
    You get such penalty (20% Q drop) for promotion, and no drop for relegation?
    WTF
    I totally agree.

Every season my draws in cup and champions are terrible, all opponents are tanking team.

It's not funny, Nordeus should penalize this procedure or disincentive it, to safeguard manager that plays always to win without shortcuts, because tank IS a shortcut to have a game easier.

I think that Nordeus should be reward the winning of the league.
    Last edited by Iridensys; 09-23-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Bunzo likes this.

Fair enough Tanking for one season to take a break or whatever seems reasonable
    But the Associations have created professional Tankers they are the ones that need stopped
    as its just as bad as the loan exploitation or the "Vietnamese" % trick.
    Really who plays a football game with the intent to lose all league games ? ffs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast