Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

My personal opinion is take the T away & add a W

Yes I face a Tanker tomorrow in Associations.... what´s the point....
    Temidayo_, Altiplano and gamer5289 like this.

I decided to tank the last season after seeing how much I'd paid over the previous twenty. With the money I could.ve bought an Xbox and all of the football games. I won the Champions League, my association was promoted to Platinum (again) and I came 14th in the league. This season I'm farming rests and using them to improve players who will be replacing my first team players in the next few seasons. I might be on for a third treble, too.

What's my opinion on tanking? Awesome.

There are 2 tanking options.
    Normal tanking.
    Exploit tanking.

1 Normal tanking.
    There are times that you cannot keep up the pace, not too much free time, not too much resources, you want a strong team but you cannot build one. Then you may decide that you can tank for 1 , max 2 seasons, till you have a quality team which after tanking will keep it for more than 3 seasons.
    It is a good tactic and needs a good planning. You have to select the season you will tank carefully. Replace most of your team with 18yo old players, boost them up and sit back and relax.
    This tactic will givve you a team 130-140%.
    Yes strong team but not unbeatable (never won a treble with a tanking team).
    This is because you will always be drawn with +1 level oppos, and most of your oppos will be 110%+ teams , so good teams and some good managers.
    So you have the quality advantage but this does make you invincible.

I used to do it with both my teams, mostly because my draw were terrible.
    Lase season with angry sheep I was drawn in League with 165% quality team (mine was 120%).
    Why the f should I play? Of course he ended up the season with no loss..

End of season I decided not to tank anymore.
    Why? Because I got really bored in season I was tanking.
    I do not blame managers who keep tanking in reasonable levels.

2 Exploit tanking.
    There are managers though that exploit tanking. Some are just asso teams that NEVER progress in level and end up real super tankers.
    There are some other that just tank for 5-6-7 seasons and come back to win them all in 2 seasons in a row, and then tank again.
    Ok this is ****ed up.

I do not like it and I really think Nordeus should have already done something with that (Nik has already proposed something https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...s-project.html)

This ruins the fun.

After all shouldn't be some kind of penalty that you failed to move to next level?
    You get such penalty (20% Q drop) for promotion, and no drop for relegation?
    WTF
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 09-23-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes, it's like the knife.
    You need one to cut the bread but also you can kill someone with that - lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    well explained cloverfield

I realy dislike tankers no matter what reason they have to tank.

In my opinion, if you need rest of the game or you have not time to play and respectively you tank, your team must become weaker but not stronger.

Thankers are reason I stoped invest my money in the game.

But funniest think is when some tanker come here to to praise yourself how many trebles and titles he have lol
    Bunzo and FC Dacia Terra like this.

Some people who only see tanking in the negative are failing to see the whole picture.

If you've in a league with someone who's tanking, that's one less rival. Last season I was in the league with four 'friends' (I befriended in the game only) who are all strong managers, it was going to be a five-way fight for the title. Now they all went up and three are in a league with a manager who always has at least 6 supporters every game she goddamned plays. I was in a league with her and she always beat stronger teams, I expect because of the support. Not sure how that reflects on football knowledge or strategy.

Fortunately one of my 'friends' - who I've shared leagues with 3 or 4 times - is topping that league and she's just behind him, but I face her in my Champions League group today. She plays with a wide V and lone striker, so I've added a fourth defender in place of my weakest centre midfielder.

As to hating tanking? Better than chasing growth (or your tail) at any price season after season. It's either tank once in a while or give the whole thing up, and Nordeus doesn't just make money by selling you tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    Some people who only see tanking in the negative are failing to see the whole picture.

If you've in a league with someone who's tanking, that's one less rival. Last season I was in the league with four 'friends' (I befriended in the game only) who are all strong managers, it was going to be a five-way fight for the title. Now they all went up and three are in a league with a manager who always has at least 6 supporters every game she goddamned plays. I was in a league with her and she always beat stronger teams, I expect because of the support. Not sure how that reflects on football knowledge or strategy.

Fortunately one of my 'friends' - who I've shared leagues with 3 or 4 times - is topping that league and she's just behind him, but I face her in my Champions League group today. She plays with a wide V and lone striker, so I've added a fourth defender in place of my weakest centre midfielder.

As to hating tanking? Better than chasing growth (or your tail) at any price season after season. It's either tank once in a while or give the whole thing up, and Nordeus doesn't just make money by selling you tokens.

First of all, friend support do not help a lot in matches. If she win vs stronger team, may be she is good manager and you avoid good managers using tanking. This is what I really dislike.

But lets say you are right. Tell me after one season tank, what will stop you to tank 2 or 3 more seasons and become monster team? Or what will stop you to tank everyone season and play only for association tournament? I meet many managers like this in association games - two tankers and four 3 stars teams, exploit loan sistem - they just kill the game.
    Bunzo likes this.

Supporters adds possession bonus.

The second place team in my league has an average quality of 134.2%, 12th place has 118.2%, so I'm not avoiding good managers. All the managers in my league are good enough to get to level 21, so I can hardly be trying to avoid them!! Ha ha, it's such a laugh chatting on the internet, you bump into some really interesting characters. I think Nordeus can survive a few people tanking, but I'm sure they're very grateful for your concern. You'd have to show me the rules I'm breaking before I can answer your questions.

You are not breaking the rules. And I am not saying this. The question in the thread is: "What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’?", so my opinion is "I do not like it" and I said why. But I see that you are not understand me, so I will explain again and again: IN MY OPINION, tanking is unmoral, unfair and unnatural way to play football manager game. That is all.
    Bunzo likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast