Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: What’s your opinion on ‘Tanking’ ?

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    A relegation system isn't the best idea as many teams from high levels will relegate and promotion at some point would be almost impossible.

Tanking if you want to call it like that, isn't actually a bad thing, if you play the game for many years you might actually end up at that point when you will see it as an escape to take a break for a short period of time. Top Eleven isn't a game where you can pause it or something, the game goes on even if you want or not so you might need some breaks from time to time.

Tanking wasn't a huge issue actually, only now cause they started to exploit the Associations using the tanking system but otherwise it didn't really harm the game to much.

Personally tanking should stay cause I know many good managers who would quite if it wouldn't be for this. The only problem is how you use the tanking and if you decide to exploit cause if not, you don't harm anyone.

Is not a term I am using "tanking" as I do not keep my team over the seasons to get it stronger, pretty much I wipe out all of them if I really do this and yes I did it several times and more likely at some points I might do it again. Sometimes I woke few weeks straight up to 60 hours a week and I literally do not have time to play properly so for me is like a short break, a short escape that allows me to continue my career from almost the same point.
    Last edited by PricopGeorgeCătălin; 09-24-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    gizzmo likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Personally tanking should stay cause I know many good managers who would quite if it wouldn't be for this
    I 'm also one of them.
    They removed the "take over" option, if they remove the "staying in the same lv" option, time to say goodbye.
    They could give us the save & load game option at least.
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by po_zdrach View Post
    IN MY OPINION, tanking is unmoral, unfair and unnatural
    Wow! Those are strong words ! Are you talking about certain sexual behaviours ? This is just a video game, mate. I did not know I was offending you so much when I refused promotion on purpose last season. Life must be hard for you nowadays if you refer to moral when people who stick to the rules just do not play a game the same way as you do. What words would you use if I had raped someone ?
    Temidayo_ and CJ91 like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Wow! Those are strong words ! Are you talking about certain sexual behaviours ? This is just a video game, mate. I did not know I was offending you so much when I refused promotion on purpose last season. Life must be hard for you nowadays if you refer to moral when people who stick to the rules just do not play a game the same way as you do. What words would you use if I had raped someone ?
    One word - "castration". Back on the topic - no one can change my opinion, l think that tanking is not right way to play this game. I do not see any difference between tanking and loan manipulation in association tournament before Nordeus stop it. It is not break the rules but it not clear and you know this.
    Last edited by po_zdrach; 09-25-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    I'm in stitches.
    gizzmo likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    As they say, "opinions are like arseholes; everybody has one."

So tanking isn't breaking any rules, doesn't help you avoid good managers, makes it easier for players in a league where one/more players are tanking, and saves players' money. Sounds really unfair and immoral to me, lol.

Will I do it again? I might, there's nothing stopping me or anyone else doing it. Getting so upset about something you have no control over seems like a waste of energy.
    So...you are having a season not tanking. Your main rival plays a tanking team and wins 11 nil. The same tanking team plays you full strength and you lose 1 nil. You would be happy with that yeah? Realistic game?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dreamer

How best to put an end to tanking?

What do you guys think?

I have been thinking that if your team is over 100% and you don't get promoted for 3 season then you get sacked and lose your team (it still exists put you lose all your players money tokens and rests. )

What do you think?
    Easy as pi

Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

@smk
    It can be easily manipulated, as after completing the last FA match of the month there is still time before nordeus servers starts a new day/season and managers can easily get rid off players to reduce their quality well below 100% and once the draws are done for the next season they can again rebuild.
    Last edited by achiie; 09-27-2017 at 04:34 PM.

The real thing is about the intentions of the nordeus on this issue is not clear whether they want to fix it or not.
    Because if they want to fix it then, naturally people will stop playing with their alternate a/cs. which means less app activity for nordeus which in turn is not good for business maybe that's why they have kind of Ostrich approach on the tanking issue and it's understandable from a corporations point-of-view.
    Last edited by achiie; 09-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    -) -20% for everyone, every season
    -) Maximum +1 opponents

Quite fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast