Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can the admins pls explain this

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Hey Everyone.

6. Soft Cap/Daily limits
    We've openly discussed this in the past. There is a soft cap of videos that everyone can receive by the providers. This was done because of the huge disparity that could occur in the past where some players could get up to a hundred videos per day while others have around 15-30 or so. This would happen because of how the whole advertisement thing works - Providers want to advertise the products of their business partners to the people that are most likely to buy them. Thus providers use metric data witch said systems interpret and decide who gets to watch what. Obviously this depends on your demographic, where you live and so on. This is not something we can control.
    Well somethings going wrong with the demographic system, then because I'm getting an awful lot of ads aimed at the distaff side of the population...

Seriously, though - I usually only use videos for the 2x training bonus and for free packs to improve condition, morale, etc. I did try a few times to 'farm to the limit', and the next day, I had zero or a vastly reduced number of packs I could get.
    Last edited by talisman; 10-14-2017 at 07:18 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Thanks Jeeves.
    But my issue remains.
    Ok, the soft cap limits the amount of videos I can watch daily to whatever number Nordeus decides, fine, no problems.
    My question is, why over the last week or so I am not being allowed to "bank" all the rest packs?
    I will repeat. There is a video offer there, to be watched, but not for a rest pack. Nor to use for a 15% condition gain. I can watch it for money etc. But not to save rest packs for future use.
    This is not all videos. The first 10-15 I can bank, but after that there are offers available but I get the feeling I'm being dictated to as to what rewards I can receive.
    Is there a soft cap on the amount of rest packs we can have banked?
    I've been getting the same thing for a week or two. I can't watch offers for storing green packs. I won't waste one of my precious offers on other boosters. I can, however, get offers for the 15% condition boost. So I'm using 15-20 packs a day to power train a player. I don't really want to do that, but I'll take what I can get. I'm just waiting to see if it is different in the new season.

Edit: I only have about 150 green packs in the bank and am in the US.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motrin; 10-14-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    I've been getting the same thing for a week or two. I can't watch offers for storing green packs. I won't waste one of my precious offers on other boosters. I can, however, get offers for the 15% condition boost. So I'm using 15-20 packs a day to power train a player. I don't really want to do that, but I'll take what I can get. I'm just waiting to see if it is different in the new season.

Edit: I only have about 150 green packs in the bank and am in the US.

Sent from my SAMSAUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Are the adverts coming in 2s and 3s throughout the course of a day? That's what I'm getting at the moment. Not like, a month ago, when I could watch 15/20/25 adverts back to back and then forget about them for the rest of the day.

Are the adverts coming in 2s and 3s throughout the course of a day? That's what I'm getting at the moment. Not like, a month ago, when I could watch 15/20/25 adverts back to back and then forget about them for the rest of the day.
    When the server restarts, I can get 2 or 3 that I can bank. But those have a little delay between them. Before, I could watch them in series like you said. Now, I'll watch a video, and the button will be greyed out. I'll close the window for the green pack and it'll start searching for an offer. Usually, it'll turn up greyed out again and say sorry no offers. So I close the window again and open it. Then there will be an offer. After I get whatever I can bank, I'll start looking if I can get any offers for 15% condition boost. Usually, I'll get a decent amount (maybe up to 10). Then no more until the following morning where it will all be only for 15% condition boost. No more available for banking. I use Android normally. I've tried checking through browser as well. First day, it worked and I could bank the 20-25 packs. Now I get nothing from the browser as well.

Famous
    @motrin,
    It's exactly the same for me. I'm in Spain.
    After a couple of days complaining here, in the forum and a query to support I'm getting the feeling I've suffered this in the past, maybe 15 or so seasons ago.
    Interesting that Jeeves says there should be no problem watching ads up to the "soft cap" limit for whatever booster we want, whilst at the same time support defers any blame to the ad providers.
    I guess we just gotta tough it out cos it ain't gonna get sorted.
    Still, better than getting nothing, like some do. And there really is no excuse for that.

@Altiplano
    Yup. Just going to tough it out and hope it changes next season. If it doesn't, oh well.

Altiplano likes this.

Vietnamese always find a way...

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    @motrin,
    It's exactly the same for me. I'm in Spain.
    After a couple of days complaining here, in the forum and a query to support I'm getting the feeling I've suffered this in the past, maybe 15 or so seasons ago.
    Interesting that Jeeves says there should be no problem watching ads up to the "soft cap" limit for whatever booster we want, whilst at the same time support defers any blame to the ad providers.
    I guess we just gotta tough it out cos it ain't gonna get sorted.
    Still, better than getting nothing, like some do. And there really is no excuse for that.
    What the support agents say is true though - There's a soft-cap for how much anyone can watch through their account but ultimately, there being anything to watch or not falls down on the Offer Providers. I'll structure it like this:

1. Providers distribute videos to your account's queue. So if there ain't no videos to watch, it's the Providers' responsibility.
    2. Nordeus put a soft-cap on the amount of videos that can be watched per day. But~ see point 3.
    3. Any account could have more videos than the soft-cap allows to be watched.
    4. These videos don't just leave your queue because of the soft-cap. They stay. So what ever videos you couldn't watch, you'll get to them tomorrow. Meanwhile more videos could be piling up on your account's queue. Or... Maybe only a few videos have been added for a day or two, which makes your queue empty out earlier and earlier. Which makes you think that the thing bugged out. But it's not.
    Sometimes there can be droughts other times there can be boons of videos. And this is exactly why we put the soft-cap in the first place. Because of how advertisers shift their attention - One part of the playerbase can seriously get ahead simply due to being targeted for advertisement while the other gets only a sliver of the whole thing.
    5. And this is what Offer Availability is essentially. And that's why when you ask the support team about it they will always tell you that it's up to the providers to add videos to your account's queue.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    What the support agents say is true though - There's a soft-cap for how much anyone can watch through their account but ultimately, there being anything to watch or not falls down on the Offer Providers. I'll structure it like this:

1. Providers distribute videos to your account's queue. So if there ain't no videos to watch, it's the Providers' responsibility.
    2. Nordeus put a soft-cap on the amount of videos that can be watched per day. But~ see point 3.
    3. Any account could have more videos than the soft-cap allows to be watched.
    4. These videos don't just leave your queue because of the soft-cap. They stay. So what ever videos you couldn't watch, you'll get to them tomorrow. Meanwhile more videos could be piling up on your account's queue. Or... Maybe only a few videos have been added for a day or two, which makes your queue empty out earlier and earlier. Which makes you think that the thing bugged out. But it's not.
    Sometimes there can be droughts other times there can be boons of videos. And this is exactly why we put the soft-cap in the first place. Because of how advertisers shift their attention - One part of the playerbase can seriously get ahead simply due to being targeted for advertisement while the other gets only a sliver of the whole thing.
    5. And this is what Offer Availability is essentially. And that's why when you ask the support team about it they will always tell you that it's up to the providers to add videos to your account's queue.
    Why the video offer still exist even i am already in soft cap? (Said CS of Nordeus). My internet data so expensive here.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #50
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangihutan Manik View Post
    Why the video offer still exist even i am already in soft cap? (Said CS of Nordeus). My internet data so expensive here.
    Videos don't drain your data-plan while in your queue Pangihutan Manik. They stay there until you watch them. Only then would the video stream to your device.
    Pangihutan Manik likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast