Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Frustrated, Annoyed and Disappointing Update

Huge mistake, really disapointed. I agree with you.
    How much time, tokens, rests, ... For nothing.

I do agree with the OP however how possible is it to program some of the suggestions when this is basically a mobile game (I know next to nothing about programming having said that...imho PC games are a lot more complex beasts -- fm series case in point)?.
    Btw fluid formation ....moving up down still basically same as up and down arrows right? (Can't hide whether given players are defending vs attacking anymore right?)....and yes bringing update near end of season is....horrible decision..

Update arrived like 1h before my leauge match and almost missed it and I had everything set for calm finish and fight till the last match with my friend we were tied on 66 points, but that update ruined his chances coz of changed formation and boosted mine because I won like 8-0 and my trophy won't be fairly won.

Wait, they got rid of arrows??

LOL!

The dev team really does not learn from their mistakes, do they?
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    Well, Top Eleven 2018 is here and oh how disappointing it is. I’ve been playing since 2011. Here’s my view.

Surely it didn’t take 12 months to only come up with idea and apply this ‘New Amazing Super Cool Fluid Formations Screen’ it looks like it has very little detailing done to it - I could have done it myself in the space of 2/3 weeks. Ignored all the multiple suggestions that were made and instead just removed positions (that players might have invested rests into getting that position - like me) without warning. I’ll let that slide.

I thought I’d give a view from myself who is a Game Developer & Programmer. I may not be the best, but I sure as hell know that for a team like Nordeus, this is a highly disappointing result of an update and you have the capability to do so much better.

There’s suggestions all over the place on this forum, and some incredible ones. With this forum and community, you have the ability to be able to make possibly the best manager game out there for this style of game. This community should be you’re centre of attention. If you listen to most wanted features, you’ll grow a bigger fan base. Simple, right?

Sadly, ignoring what your players want and implementing little fancy things that don’t change the fact that the game still has bugs, doesn’t cover it up. Pretty new designs don’t hide the fact that there’s still many areas that need working on. Club Shop (as it’s outdated), Actually having the Foot, Height and Weight actually effect the player and not be a cosmetic. I’m not going to go listing them all. It takes 2 seconds to go to the ‘suggestions’ page where there’s hundreds of great ideas.

Yeah you might have brought club history back, but that would have taken no time at all to do (as it has already been implemented in the game). I also didn’t think a skill cap and removal of loans was a good enough solution for the problem with Associations/tankers.

Year after year, I’ve seen this game put in mediocre things, and a fan base that grew but is ever getting frustrated with the lack of devs listening to the community.

As a friendly suggestion, and a simple one too, what could have made this update that extra bit better, with more care applied is something like:

Give out Individual player tasks like:

- Cutting Inside rather than playing down deep into the wings.
    - Take long range shots
    - Only shoot when close to the goal
    - Make forward runs
    - Look to play through balls
    - Stick to position & hold the line
    - Play two touch passing & don’t hold onto the ball for too long.
    - Tika-Taka style play (for players with good passing)

Without this, it actually feels worse and we still have no control over players, regardless of putting them ‘further forward’ or not.

#BringBackTheUpAndDownArrows
    These are points well said, and I 100% stand by these suggestions. (as I literally had the same ideas. LITERALLY)
    CJ91 likes this.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

I just feel this game is going in a different direction that the players actually wanted it to go. All our wants & suggestions just seem to completely opposite to what TE implement into the game.

So what’s the point in having a suggestions page in the forum?

I think Nordeus really need to take a look at themselves and look at the decisions the dev team are doing. I saw a similar post on someone asking what is the plans for the future, as it would be nice to see what they have in mind and possibly what to expect.

I posted long ago that we don’t get enough information on what to expect, and it’s always surprises and expect us to be like ‘OMG yay! Such update, very wow!’ - as another clear example is the people who had invested tokens and rests for players to train into a DMR/DML position. At least a few months ago could have suggested that there was going to be a change for this area.

This new formation screen to me, has taken a few steps back. It’s poorly designed, not detailed enough and not clear enough.

I just feel decisions are being done at Nordeus by devs who listen to their own ideas without giving an actual thought wether it’ll go down with the game. I hope this has been a reality check for them, to finally start listening to their fan base, community and the forum itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anquilis and jcohen42 like this.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

If I was Nordeus...

If I was Nordeus, I’d be paying attention to what the players feedback has been like on this update. I’d be looking at the suggestions page and seeing what gets talked about the most, what is demanded the most and what is needed the most. Once again, this is another update that has caused problems because of the lack of care applied to it. It’s poorly finished, looks like it’s had little attention to how it works and had no detail applied.

I wouldn’t go and ignore everything that my community has suggested. I know a new formation screen had been mentioned a few times, but it was hardly a priority. The formations screen was good enough to last a few more years whilst something else got worked on.

Okay, yeah, You take a few ideas from the suggestions. And when I say a few, I mean two or three. Everyone likes the idea, talk about how it should be included. Give ideas on how to make the idea even better, yeah, cool, wow! Bingo, great idea given. Then along comes Nordeus, and they do their idea. It’s almost as if you purposely do it because someone at your company thinks they’re the boss of game design and every idea they have is the BEST idea. Wrong. You might have started off well, but I think it’s all gone to your head.

Your priority list is all wrong. You’re prioritising the wrong things at the wrong times. There’s bugs in the game, THEY SHOULD BE THE PRIORITY. Don’t change something that doesn’t really need to be changed as of yet (it can be in due course).

I know you have a list of updates you want to do, and you are doing them one by one (clearly) - but this list should only be looked at once something is completely done, properly done and you have satisfied your players & community.

On top of all this, you can’t fool me and you can’t fool many others. Anyone who is a game programmer or designer knows that this update probably could have been done in less than 2 weeks.

If you take this post the wrong way, and you think I’m bashing your company down and criticising how poor you are. You are looking at it the wrong way, it’s called constructive criticism, something you don’t seem to take on board. (As if you did, the last few updates would have been completely different).

Thankyou for your time (probably won’t even read this anyway because hey, you know it all right?)
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!

Rookie
    Yes indeed. They should listen to what managers needs. Make it simplified and fun to play. Not added nonsense update with ridiculously bug infested layout.

Why dont they discuss with manager before changing the whole setting?

Its just nonsense and non ethical to be honest.

Rookie
    Nord@$$ built a stabil community with passinate fan base for years but yet they just ignoring their fanbase and just do as they wish.

No wonder many of my friends already left the game for good. They stop playing. Im waiting if this absolute ridiculous update happen frequently and irritating me then i think i might follow up suit quit for good from playing te.

U can read too many dissatified feed back either in this forum or in the play store.

The sad thing nord@$$ just dont care and ignoring all this feedback.

What use having a fanbase and forum if they keep ignoring us who supported them day in day out playing everyday?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    I just feel this game is going in a different direction that the players actually wanted it to go. All our wants & suggestions just seem to completely opposite to what TE implement into the game.

So what’s the point in having a suggestions page in the forum?

I think Nordeus really need to take a look at themselves and look at the decisions the dev team are doing. I saw a similar post on someone asking what is the plans for the future, as it would be nice to see what they have in mind and possibly what to expect.

I posted long ago that we don’t get enough information on what to expect, and it’s always surprises and expect us to be like ‘OMG yay! Such update, very wow!’ - as another clear example is the people who had invested tokens and rests for players to train into a DMR/DML position. At least a few months ago could have suggested that there was going to be a change for this area.

This new formation screen to me, has taken a few steps back. It’s poorly designed, not detailed enough and not clear enough.

I just feel decisions are being done at Nordeus by devs who listen to their own ideas without giving an actual thought wether it’ll go down with the game. I hope this has been a reality check for them, to finally start listening to their fan base, community and the forum itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 weeks ago I started a thread in suggestions asking "where have all the admins gone?". I suggested in my post that perhaps it would be a good idea if future plans and possible updates could be given some though by us here on the forum.
    It seems not.
    It's a pity because there are some good ideas here in the forum.
    Instead we get this "new 2018 version". I had no expectations, but still it seems I set the bar too high.
    CJ91, jcohen42 and gizzmo like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast