Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Frustrated, Annoyed and Disappointing Update

  1. #1
    Rookie CJ91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92

    Frustrated, Annoyed and Disappointing Update

    Well, Top Eleven 2018 is here and oh how disappointing it is. I’ve been playing since 2011. Here’s my view.

    Surely it didn’t take 12 months to only come up with idea and apply this ‘New Amazing Super Cool Fluid Formations Screen’ it looks like it has very little detailing done to it - I could have done it myself in the space of 2/3 weeks. Ignored all the multiple suggestions that were made and instead just removed positions (that players might have invested rests into getting that position - like me) without warning. I’ll let that slide.

    I thought I’d give a view from myself who is a Game Developer & Programmer. I may not be the best, but I sure as hell know that for a team like Nordeus, this is a highly disappointing result of an update and you have the capability to do so much better.

    There’s suggestions all over the place on this forum, and some incredible ones. With this forum and community, you have the ability to be able to make possibly the best manager game out there for this style of game. This community should be you’re centre of attention. If you listen to most wanted features, you’ll grow a bigger fan base. Simple, right?

    Sadly, ignoring what your players want and implementing little fancy things that don’t change the fact that the game still has bugs, doesn’t cover it up. Pretty new designs don’t hide the fact that there’s still many areas that need working on. Club Shop (as it’s outdated), Actually having the Foot, Height and Weight actually effect the player and not be a cosmetic. I’m not going to go listing them all. It takes 2 seconds to go to the ‘suggestions’ page where there’s hundreds of great ideas.

    Yeah you might have brought club history back, but that would have taken no time at all to do (as it has already been implemented in the game). I also didn’t think a skill cap and removal of loans was a good enough solution for the problem with Associations/tankers.

    Year after year, I’ve seen this game put in mediocre things, and a fan base that grew but is ever getting frustrated with the lack of devs listening to the community.

    As a friendly suggestion, and a simple one too, what could have made this update that extra bit better, with more care applied is something like:

    Give out Individual player tasks like:

    - Cutting Inside rather than playing down deep into the wings.
    - Take long range shots
    - Only shoot when close to the goal
    - Make forward runs
    - Look to play through balls
    - Stick to position & hold the line
    - Play two touch passing & don’t hold onto the ball for too long.
    - Tika-Taka style play (for players with good passing)

    Without this, it actually feels worse and we still have no control over players, regardless of putting them ‘further forward’ or not.

    #BringBackTheUpAndDownArrows
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

    Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!



  2. #2
    Rookie CJ91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92
    I’ll also let it slide at the fact that you could have applied this update at the end of the current season.

    You know... when peoples league titles and champions league matches weren’t at stake.

    *rolls eyes*


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alessio Fitch, Bunzo and Altiplano like this.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

    Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!



  3. #3
    Dreamer azwanonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    368
    Yes, arrows.
    Alessio Fitch and CJ91 like this.

  4. #4
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Winning trophies
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ91 View Post
    Well, Top Eleven 2018 is here and oh how disappointing it is. I’ve been playing since 2011. Here’s my view.

    Surely it didn’t take 12 months to only come up with idea and apply this ‘New Amazing Super Cool Fluid Formations Screen’ it looks like it has very little detailing done to it - I could have done it myself in the space of 2/3 weeks. Ignored all the multiple suggestions that were made and instead just removed positions (that players might have invested rests into getting that position - like me) without warning. I’ll let that slide.

    I thought I’d give a view from myself who is a Game Developer & Programmer. I may not be the best, but I sure as hell know that for a team like Nordeus, this is a highly disappointing result of an update and you have the capability to do so much better.

    There’s suggestions all over the place on this forum, and some incredible ones. With this forum and community, you have the ability to be able to make possibly the best manager game out there for this style of game. This community should be you’re centre of attention. If you listen to most wanted features, you’ll grow a bigger fan base. Simple, right?

    Sadly, ignoring what your players want and implementing little fancy things that don’t change the fact that the game still has bugs, doesn’t cover it up. Pretty new designs don’t hide the fact that there’s still many areas that need working on. Club Shop (as it’s outdated), Actually having the Foot, Height and Weight actually effect the player and not be a cosmetic. I’m not going to go listing them all. It takes 2 seconds to go to the ‘suggestions’ page where there’s hundreds of great ideas.

    Yeah you might have brought club history back, but that would have taken no time at all to do (as it has already been implemented in the game). I also didn’t think a skill cap and removal of loans was a good enough solution for the problem with Associations/tankers.

    Year after year, I’ve seen this game put in mediocre things, and a fan base that grew but is ever getting frustrated with the lack of devs listening to the community.

    As a friendly suggestion, and a simple one too, what could have made this update that extra bit better, with more care applied is something like:

    Give out Individual player tasks like:

    - Cutting Inside rather than playing down deep into the wings.
    - Take long range shots
    - Only shoot when close to the goal
    - Make forward runs
    - Look to play through balls
    - Stick to position & hold the line
    - Play two touch passing & don’t hold onto the ball for too long.
    - Tika-Taka style play (for players with good passing)

    Without this, it actually feels worse and we still have no control over players, regardless of putting them ‘further forward’ or not.

    #BringBackTheUpAndDownArrows
    Love the instruction ideas! Crosses are useless!
    CJ91 likes this.
    Easy as pi

    Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    56
    Why why why would you introduce a new version in the final week of the season when all the crucial league and cup finals are being played when everyone has tactics, formations etc in place. Surely this could have waited a few more days to the begining of the season to give players time to get used to it. Stupid decision!
    CJ91 and USARABAT like this.

  6. #6
    Rookie CJ91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Astopeleven View Post
    Why why why would you introduce a new version in the final week of the season when all the crucial league and cup finals are being played when everyone has tactics, formations etc in place. Surely this could have waited a few more days to the begining of the season to give players time to get used to it. Stupid decision!
    Absolutely no idea. This wasn’t one of the smartest moves they’ve done.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

    Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!



  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    I 100% agree with you. I was focusing on the Champions League Finals match and now I can't even log in....
    I am new to this game and know nothing about developing a game, but why would you implement an update right now?!
    CJ91 likes this.

  8. #8
    Rookie CJ91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sheffield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by BettsBJ View Post
    I 100% agree with you. I was focusing on the Champions League Finals match and now I can't even log in....
    I am new to this game and know nothing about developing a game, but why would you implement an update right now?!
    You’re not the only one. There are still a few others that can’t login either. Some missed the chance to update their game due to it being unavailable and missed their matches. It’s absolutely ridiculous to put an update in (especially when it contains bugs) with 5 matches left of the season. Could have waited till Tuesday next week when the first league game starts. Or the Monday so we’ve got a day to prepare. Eitherway it’s a massive mistake.
    Sheffield Wednesday Football Club "SWFC" (est. 2014)
    • Level: 32 (Season 44: 39 Trophies)

    Happy 150th Birthday to my Club. Formed in 1867.
    We're Sheffield Wednesday, We're on our way back!



  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13
    Very Disappointing Indeed :/
    Am in my 19th season and lost a crucial game against an abandoned team.

    I am guessing the teams with the old version are just better with the tactical side and are able to beat the teams with the new version. This fluid formation is also testing my vision and ability to keep players where I intend them to be!!

    Thanks Nordeus for spoiling my shot at winning the league. Hoping I atleast get to keep the second spot.

    Have won the CL finals in my last 2 seasons and am least Interested in this season result now. . Phew

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    52
    The funny thing is that habit of introducing major changes in the middle of the season has been criticised numerous times before but Nordeus drive their own agenda.

    Today's update arrived after I checked the game early in the morning but before my league game at 10 am. So, when I log in some three minutes before the match I am in for an unpleasant surprise. My preparation is "poor", my wingbacks are useless and once the game starts I can't make head or tails of the positions and tactics. I am fighting for the title but end up losing points - lucky to escape with a draw against inferior opposition and an absent manager. In the meantime, all my competitors have their games scheduled for after 21:00 - plenty of time to test the new system. How about that for a level playing field? This update will cost me the title, mind my words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast